Rainbow Six Siege - my work in progress:)

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

Rainbow Six Siege - my work in progress:)

Postby pablosscripts » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:28 pm

I literally had to disable about half the features in my script due to the constraints of the T1. Now thanks to the power of the T2 I'm able to unleash all my ideas! I'm so proud to present a WIP video of what I've been working on for so many months now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSJLzoH ... e=youtu.be

(FYI it's an unlisted video)

It's funny because on the very first page of Reddit, someone was complaining about the lack of a toggle mode for Primary gadgets...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comme ... le_please/

HA! Once pre-orders open up, I'm going to make my video public and start drumming up hype for the T2 outside this forum. I know many people are going to be excited for some of the features I've created.
Last edited by pablosscripts on Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Rainbow Six Siege - my work in progress:)

Postby Prototype » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:46 pm

Good video and great mods! Nice work! I can't wait to try this in game!
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:05 pm

:joia: :joia: :joia:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby jayjack » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:51 am

I'm enjoying the new features:

When speaking of this great script, one starts with the lean.
Works excellent. I haven't played this game with a controller so I don't know what pablo added or maintained either way this works great. Especially the toggle and the auto-resume to lean after reload.

The auto complete for repealing/ammo pickup, barricades,... Is surprisingly helpful. It ensures the action is completed and gives you a few seconds to rest or stretch your fingers.

The sniper ADS sensitivity reduction works well.
-any chance this could also be made into a toggle? I don't play ACOG often so it would be nice having this active all game with a use that sight.

Camera auto-hide: I haven't tried this yet as I didn't have my computer to set the flag.
Should it still work if I have changed my Drone button back to default; Right D-pad?'

I still also need to try Easy Dropshots and play with the customizations such as Aim Stabilizer.

Now just needs a working Anti-recoil, auto-fire, and burst fire. (I gotta mention my constant request :) )
jayjack
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:14 am

jayjack wrote:I'm enjoying the new features:

When speaking of this great script, one starts with the lean.
Works excellent. I haven't played this game with a controller so I don't know what pablo added or maintained either way this works great. Especially the toggle and the auto-resume to lean after reload.

Great! Yeah I only just added the auto-resume to lean after reload recently. It feels great doesn't it?

And the hold ADS to straighten the aiming idea actually came from you:) After building it, I tested this and thought "where has this been all my life? It feels fantastic!"

jayjack wrote:The auto complete for repealing/ammo pickup, barricades,... Is surprisingly helpful. It ensures the action is completed and gives you a few seconds to rest or stretch your fingers.

Great to hear this works well. It actually took a lot of work because it's not just a matter of holding down the button automatically (that's the easy part), you need to program it so that it allows you to press it again immediately after. E.g. if you auto-place a barricade, but you need to immediately tear it down right after....if the button is still being auto-pressed you won't be able to do that. I had to figure out a solution that allows you to click Reload again right after and have it work like normal. Took me a while but it was worth it:)

And I now take the opportunity to stretch my arms while I'm waiting for the animation to play out. It's so bloody cool haha

jayjack wrote:The sniper ADS sensitivity reduction works well.
-any chance this could also be made into a toggle? I don't play ACOG often so it would be nice having this active all game with a use that sight.

Interesting idea. Ok let me see what I can do. Vault is my universal Cancel button so it might cause some issues but I'll give it a shot for you. If I get it working I'll make it a Configurable UI option so you can choose to use it or not.

jayjack wrote:Camera auto-hide: I haven't tried this yet as I didn't have my computer to set the flag.
Should it still work if I have changed my Drone button back to default; Right D-pad?'

Yes 100%. I have actually been working to simplify my script to allow users to remap the buttons more freely. I will be posting more specific information about which ones cannot change and which ones are safe to remap. But the dpad buttons are 100% safe.

jayjack wrote:Now just needs a working Anti-recoil, auto-fire, and burst fire. (I gotta mention my constant request :) )

I may have found the problem...see here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4832#p36788
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby jayjack » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:35 am

Thanks for responding to my last post.

I also have questions about the walk options.

Why would they be used? Is it when you want to peg the movement stick and not engage EasySprint?

And you say in your script that 'Automatic' is good for pistols, shotgums, and DMRs.
How would walking effect these guns differently?
jayjack

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:54 am

jayjack wrote:I also have questions about the walk options.

Why would they be used? Is it when you want to peg the movement stick and not engage EasySprint?

And you say in your script that 'Automatic' is good for pistols, shotgums, and DMRs.

Yes that's right, it's when you want to peg it 100% and use semi-auto weapons that require you to tap fire. Let me walk you through them all in more detail:

Walk option #1: HOLD - Simply hold the Vault button to walk.

This is the simplest - no modifier keys, and just a single click and hold. Sometimes you don't want to be "permanently" walking, maybe you're creeping around a corner and only need to walk for literally just a few seconds and want to be ready to sprint again at a seconds notice. This is where this is used.

Also sometimes there's a weird bug in Siege whereby the gun doesn't fully reload properly. Hold Vault to prevent Easy Sprint from kicking in to let it finish off the reload animation.

Walk option #2: TOGGLE - Simply tap the Shoot button while holding the Vault button.

This is if you want to walk for longer distances and don't want to hold down the Vault button. This is designed for when you are sneaking a lot and need to minimize noise.

Walk option #3: AUTOMATIC - Simply double tap the Shoot button to activate a time delayed "automatic" walk, which is great for shotguns, pistols and semi-automatic weapons.

In the regular game, shooting cancels the sprint animation, so when Easy Sprint kicks in again you have the sprint and shooting animations constantly fighting over each other which causes this awful jitter. So when you are quickly tapping the shoot button, it feels really bad if you are using the vanilla Easy Sprint. Try this with my old T1 script to see what I mean - sprint forward and tap fire any semi-auto weapon like a pistol or a shotgun. Without this automatic walk feature, it's just really awful. When the Sprint and Shoot animations conflict, it looks like you're having a seizure! I've applied this to my other games like Halo 5 and it works really well.

Walk option #4: CROUCH - Simply press the Crouch button to initiate a walk. Walking forward will not activate Easy Sprint.

This was requested by you, so you know all about its virtues:)

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby lokirevamped » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:47 pm

pablogroup wrote:
jayjack wrote:I also have questions about the walk options.

Yes that's right, it's when you want to peg it 100% and use semi-auto weapons that require you to tap fire. Let me walk you through them all in more detail:

Walk option #1: HOLD - Simply hold the Vault button to walk.

This is the simplest - no modifier keys, and just a single click and hold. Sometimes you don't want to be "permanently" walking, maybe you're creeping around a corner and only need to walk for literally just a few seconds and want to be ready to sprint again at a seconds notice. This is where this is used.

Also sometimes there's a weird bug in Siege whereby the gun doesn't fully reload properly. Hold Vault to prevent Easy Sprint from kicking in to let it finish off the reload animation.

Walk option #2: TOGGLE - Simply tap the Shoot button while holding the Vault button.

This is if you want to walk for longer distances and don't want to hold down the Vault button. This is designed for when you are sneaking a lot and need to minimize noise.

Walk option #3: AUTOMATIC - Simply double tap the Shoot button to activate a time delayed "automatic" walk, which is great for shotguns, pistols and semi-automatic weapons.

In the regular game, shooting cancels the sprint animation, so when Easy Sprint kicks in again you have the sprint and shooting animations constantly fighting over each other which causes this awful jitter. So when you are quickly tapping the shoot button, it feels really bad if you are using the vanilla Easy Sprint. Try this with my old T1 script to see what I mean - sprint forward and tap fire any semi-auto weapon like a pistol or a shotgun. Without this automatic walk feature, it's just really awful. When the Sprint and Shoot animations conflict, it looks like you're having a seizure! I've applied this to my other games like Halo 5 and it works really well.

Walk option #4: CROUCH - Simply press the Crouch button to initiate a walk. Walking forward will not activate Easy Sprint.

This was requested by you, so you know all about its virtues:)

This script sounds amazing....I take it I get it from the GTunerIV software?
lokirevamped
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:24 pm

Yup it's uploaded and ready to go:)

We're still trying to get anti-recoil working but everything else is there.

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby lokirevamped » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:58 pm

pablogroup wrote:Yup it's uploaded and ready to go:)

We're still trying to get anti-recoil working but everything else is there.

Thank You, I'll try it out when I get home.
lokirevamped
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Next

Return to GPC2 Script Programming