Personal request to everyone - please publish in GPC

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

Re: Personal request to everyone - please publish in GPC

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:39 am

kenshin80012 wrote:how did you add the youtube thumbnail? i submitted my script but don't see the video

please PMme the youtube video link. :wink:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby derominus » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:13 am

J2Kbr wrote:
kenshin80012 wrote:how did you add the youtube thumbnail? i submitted my script but don't see the video

please PMme the youtube video link. :wink:

We need teaching
Last edited by derominus on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
derominus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby TheBigKent » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:57 pm

I agree completely, the GPC/GPC2 documentation can lack in examples. I imagine that for most, trying to write their own scripts is too complicated to even try without having something they can modify and experiment with.
TheBigKent
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby alanmcgregor » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi everyone!.

I agree with pabloscripts post, that has been my mindset I publish my code if you have a better idea, perspective or approach can make it grow... go a head, acknowledge credit and share your code. Win-win we all learn and find a better solution for a specific problem.

That's why I share the code of the Fortnite script (I did legible), as my first script the bigger challenge I had due its situational nature requires a LOT of tracking to be reliable enough. That was were I put more effort, the logic for the building part is quite simple. The event handling, user input validation and tracking was the complex part. That helped in some degree though, inexperienced copy-paste ers tried to plastered other code and just don't work.

The Ultimate is Bytecode because same as pabloscripts has a proprietary algorithm in the aim feature. No big deal, I going to drop it, so I can share it to Scachi and he can implement the Interactive Configuration, so everybody can tune up as its needs, let it exclusive for T2. I wrote already a version with a regular ads spammer and aim assist modifier.

As a new comer to the forum, new on scripting, getting acquaintance the language GPC etc. One thing that will helps greatly is have more examples content, short yet plug able stuff. Things that are already on the Online Resources, like a basic Easy Sprint, different ways on how to toggle actions for generic combos, stuff like that.

Big :smile0203: for anyone who shared this short examples or ideas, has been very educational and useful.
alanmcgregor
Major
Major

Postby xXSkyWalkerXx_1 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:09 pm

PaulaTheKoala wrote:
UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:Let's not even talk about how many scripts and posts were cloned and copied by "can't be spoken". (stills upsets me)

Speaking of scripts being copied, I just found out that one of my scripts was recently published on another site (Bet you can you guess which site :dumbpeople:) without any changes made or any credit given, it got me thinking about an old website I knew of where people would share code that usually had errors that needed to be fixed in order for it to compile, they did this to prevent copy/pasters, you could do something similar (but less drastic) like leaving a signature in function and variable names that tell who the author is and where the script came from, I actually may start doing this next time I publish a script.

This could be achieved in multiple ways, for example:

In plain sight:
Code: Select all
int Author_ETC = TRUE;

Encoded (Base64):
Code: Select all
int QXV0aG9yOiBFVEM = TRUE;

This problem I know very good! :whatever:
I know, I sell my scripts but some ppl on CM think they would have knowledge, which they haven't.
They say that I'm a copy&paster , but since some Fortnite GamePacks of me got leaked so much ppl using codes of my GamePack. Really, everyone... but they still saying that I'm a copy&paster , but they use my codes without to give me credits, also NOBODY had some codes...until...sometimes my Fortnite and COD GamePack were released.

But to keep it short:
That's why I want to support TITAN! Because here are ppl with knowledge, the most here (~90%) have knowledge and don't need to copy&paste and the others, the others 10%, they haven't maybe no knowledge, but they want to learn it!
On CM you have 90% (of the really active ppl there) ignorants, idiots and joung kiddies
Also look on the "special" GamePacks of CM, they are not special...they use on every GamePack the same code.
For example: on COD:BO3 & 4 & IW & etc. they use the same codes,settings, etc. Wow! That's really special, or not?! :smile0203:
Check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/xXSkyWalkerXx1
& my website: https://skymodz.com
xXSkyWalkerXx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby dcoulter » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:53 pm

Yes, Please publish GPC or better publish both byte and gpc.

I just got my T2 yesterday and what to learn. I have very basic programming skills.
And would like to modify scripts for myself. Maybe post what I modified on the forum thread for that script?
For example:
+ change a button
+ add features
+ most importantly add randomness (func rand and/or accelerometers) to be more human like.
Constant timing is very easy to detect, so is super human press rate. Could set off red flags
dcoulter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Naoki95957 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:47 pm

I like shared code. Coming from a place like github, these forums are a strange place. But logically I understand sanctioning byte code; like not wanting developers of the game to patch something.

Maybe there could be a place where we can dump a pile of example scripts and common tactics. I refuse to believe that of all scripts some of you guys gone thru that you would call each one truly unique. I want to deviate from say learning to code, and more in the area of learning to script. Because handling user input is a totally different ballgame regardless of what language you're using and requires a lot of organizational skills. A majority of the scripting here isn't just handling input but rather manipulation and triggering of outputs as well.

For the same reason as publishing gpc, I believe it is important for other people to get the hang of I/O style of coding.
Naoki95957
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:00 pm

Trying to help getting started with writing scripts by examples for common stuff and understand/researching the functions to use is documented there:
https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... _scripting
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby alanmcgregor » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:20 pm

Well said Naoki95957, couldn't agree more.

The reason I bytecode the scripts I shared is because I don't feel full ownership, most is my code (and is nothing secret/fancy or patent worthy) but some is from other people that allow me to use it, with secrecy condition and another big chunk is user feedback. It wont be fair that the CM guys copy and sell it, what was build from this community.

Via PM I help to anyone who asked me how to do something, or point the direction where they can figure it out and learn more.
alanmcgregor
Major
Major

Postby Naoki95957 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:35 pm

Scachi wrote:Trying to help getting started with writing scripts by examples for common stuff and understand/researching the functions to use is documented there:
https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... _scripting

LOL I had no clue this was there. Okay, well I guess this goes back to Wildcats' point in that things should be as simple as possible for a majority of the consumer base.

Hear me out, but does anyone think visual scripting would help be a more friendly approach to new comers? The first time I was programming controls was scratch and then later a robot and thru a USB joystick in Java. Later on making my own controls with pots and buttons for a more custom layout. The number one thing that helped was having an interactive device monitor right alongside the code that could quickly be outputted to a monitor or result. Visual scripting just gets rid of the layer of syntax that programmers come to learn.

Additionally:
I think if there was way to simplify the device monitor and have much simpler examples straight in gtuner and not just an external page, it'd be easier for people. Being on a web-page makes it much more of a hassle with the need of shuffling windows, copying and pasting, and naming each example as their own file. Imagine being able to just click an example and uploaded it to the board and see results... Hmm... Maybe even mess with the example... Arduino IDE anyone? I see more people pasting code from no where to help people who ask on the forums for a script more than using an example or ideology and explain how much more powerful they, the user, can make each script.

Edit:
Here's a thought: make a mini game/s that can control a figure in gtuner. I mean super basic so even basic IGPs can run it. From there be able to alter scripts with access to built in examples. I think this would be the perfect learning environment. Hell of a lot of work, yes. But the pay off? The number of people who can now script.
Naoki95957
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to GPC2 Script Programming