Interactive Configuration ... lost in bytespace ? Helpertool

Tutorials, How-tos and FAQs for the Titan Two device.

Re: Interactive Configuration ... lost in bytespace ? Helper

Postby UK_Wildcats » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:23 pm

I love this software program and use it every time that I am going to add or modify something to my scripts. I especially like the usage chart. Thank you for all your efforts and making it available to everyone.

Sort Request
I often use bytes with bit offsets for my boolean variables. If possible, I asking that when you sort by bytes, you can also sort the bit offset as a secondary sort.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Scachi » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:41 pm

UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:I love this software program and use it every time that I am going to add or modify something to my scripts. I especially like the usage chart. Thank you for all your efforts and making it available to everyone.

Sort Request
I often use bytes with bit offsets for my boolean variables. If possible, I asking that when you sort by bytes, you can also sort the bit offset as a secondary sort.

You can do this already. Works in the older autoit version too. Click on "bitoffset" column first, then on "byteoffset" column.
Or are you requesting something different ?
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby UK_Wildcats » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:23 pm

Scachi wrote:
UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:I love this software program and use it every time that I am going to add or modify something to my scripts. I especially like the usage chart. Thank you for all your efforts and making it available to everyone.

Sort Request

You can do this already. Works in the older autoit version too. Click on "bitoffset" column first, then on "byteoffset" column.
Or are you requesting something different ?

Thank you. Yes, it worked when I did that way. I learned a new trick.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Scachi » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:00 pm

New Release Test_0005: https://github.com/Scachi/IC-Bytetable/ ... /Test_0005

Functions added:
doubleclick of entry in one list scrolls to and highlights the matching entry in the other list
added "stay on top": Top Menu -> Tools -> Stay On Top
double click on the PMEM Usage button willl resize and reposition the pmem chart window
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby UK_Wildcats » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:25 pm

It seems to be working well. I was double checking against the previous version and the data looks good. I really like the added information and basic format. I know that this is a lot of work, and I definitely appreciate your efforts. With this version, I believe that the individual user, computer settings (resolution, font sizes, etc.) will have an effect on how it looks.

Here's my feedback (my opinion only)

1 The "name" field are displaying different colors - black, blue, red, green. What do the colors mean?
2. Gray background color of every other row is bit darker and is what my eyes focus on the most. If possible, I recommend a lighter color or use a similar approach to your non-test version.
3. To make it easier to read, it would be nice if there was a way to adjust the row eight globally and not row by row. This applies to the regular windows and PMEM usage. When you size an individual row, it affects other adjacent rows and starts a domino adjustment.
4. Same as #3 but for columns.
5. When opening the PMEM usage window, the rows were so small that the font was cut in half. I had to adjust each row to clearly see it. The colors were easy to see though even with the small rows.
6. Initially, I had to resize the window because it was initially at the maximum window size. Therefore, when I double clicked the banner it stayed at the same size. I don't know if you can set a default non-maximum window size as part of the build.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Scachi » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:02 pm

UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:It seems to be working well. I was double checking against the previous version and the data looks good. I really like the added information and basic format. I know that this is a lot of work, and I definitely appreciate your efforts. With this version, I believe that the individual user, computer settings (resolution, font sizes, etc.) will have an effect on how it looks.

Here's my feedback (my opinion only)

1 The "name" field are displaying different colors - black, blue, red, green. What do the colors mean?

The names are colored by the color set in the IC for this specific entry (column: color)

2. Gray background color of every other row is bit darker and is what my eyes focus on the most. If possible, I recommend a lighter color or use a similar approach to your non-test version.
The current colors / style (qtstyle:fusion) is used only because of issue with QT I have to solve. The original style (that fails to load for me when atm) looks better and uses less width. I will try to improve the current used style with the next release to make the dark color a bit lighter.
3. To make it easier to read, it would be nice if there was a way to adjust the row eight globally and not row by row. This applies to the regular windows and PMEM usage. When you size an individual row, it affects other adjacent rows and starts a domino adjustment.
4. Same as #3 but for columns.
5. When opening the PMEM usage window, the rows were so small that the font was cut in half. I had to adjust each row to clearly see it. The colors were easy to see though even with the small rows.

I guess you are using a non default DPI/scale setting on your display ? I have to check how QT is supposed to handle that.
A global scaling/resizing option is a good idea.
6. Initially, I had to resize the window because it was initially at the maximum window size. Therefore, when I double clicked the banner it stayed at the same size. I don't know if you can set a default non-maximum window size as part of the build.

I modified the default size/restore last window size & state code quite a bit the last version, stil trying to get a result that I am happy with and that should work fine for most user and I need to lookup the correct way for storing settings/sizes and stuff. At the moment storing settings works "somehow" without having it configured correctly.
So this should improve with the next versions.

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback :smile0517:

New release, lighter alternate color and auto width adjustment for the columns in the pmem chart window (hope that works as a fix for you until I get some scaling/resizing as you have mentioned done)
https://github.com/Scachi/IC-Bytetable/ ... /Test_0006
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby UK_Wildcats » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:01 am

Thank you for all your work. This program is awesome. It is an absolute must if you are using lots of PMEM addresses. The slightly lighter gray in Test 006 makes a difference. It is easier to see.

I am using a 4k laptop 3840x2160 with the "scale and layout" at 175%.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Prototype » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:23 am

UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:Thank you for all your work. This program is awesome. It is an absolute must if you are using lots of PMEM addresses.

+1 This program is awesome. Thank you for the update !
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby Scachi » Sun May 17, 2020 7:17 pm

New release that fixes issues with parsing "group" lines:
https://github.com/Scachi/IC-Bytetable/ ... /Test_0007
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby UK_Wildcats » Sun May 17, 2020 8:48 pm

It has been a while since I have updated. In the past versions, I believe that we only need the exe file. The test 007 zip file has a lot of other files. I assume that they are all needed now. Please confirm.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials and FAQs