crouch shooting destiny 2 help

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

crouch shooting destiny 2 help

Postby TouchMeSoftly » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:17 pm

Any help on making a script where when i press R1 to shoot it will crouch repeatedly? Thanks
TouchMeSoftly
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: crouch shooting destiny 2 help

Postby antithesis » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:42 pm

It's easy enough to do, but almost completely useless.

Not only does it lock you into a specific firing pattern thereby severely limiting mobility, but it makes little to no difference to your opponent's ability to hit you due to D2's insane bullet magnetism.

I have peeps pull the crouch-shot all the time and it's headshots all day long. Shooting over their heads due to the crouch is a non-issue, it just doesn't happen for anything but Snipers, which are obsolete in D2. What it does instead is convert bodyshots to headshots due to the smaller hitbox. Meanwhile bouncing up and down throws off their aim more than mine, so it's win-win for me.

IMHO, you're far better off learning to use verticality rather than restrict yourself to boots on the ground crouch-shooting. Crouching doesn't help in the slightest in mid to long range engagements, but jumping above the field of view with an SMG, or sliding below it with a Shotgun in short-range is a very effective tactic.

That said, I've been meaning to put together a mod that does this for those who want it. I'll give it a bash shortly.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Return to GPC2 Script Programming