KB + XIM + Titan2 - Fortnite Combos

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

Re: KB + XIM + Titan2 - Fortnite Combos

Postby MAL8010 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:04 pm

NesQuik wrote:
MAL8010 wrote:At a glance - why do you have E, N, J mapped to buttons 18,19,20 in the keyboard mapping? If these are the buttons you are using for the build macros they shouldn't be mapped to anything!

Also you don't need secondary mappings in XIM that are the same as the primary mappings i.e. scroll down/up.

Change that and try again. To test just connect everything up and watch the T2 lights/numbers. Start with Green+0 and press each build button and confirm it goes to the correct slot i.e. Wall = Building slot 1 (so Red +1), Stairs = Building slot 3 (so red + 3) etc.

I mapped these 3 button in a proccess of trying to find a solution, didnt have them mapped from the start. I removed them from the input as well as the secondary scroll so now i got nothing in the secondary section. When i press E for walls nothing happens. Green led and 0. But when i press n and j on the mouse side buttons my guns change from 3rd slot to 2nd. So i got it somehow right there but instead of building it just switches between these two gun slots.

I loaded up your script and Input Translator and it all works fine for me in T2, so it's not a problem with either of those.

Just to check you are loading both the script AND the Input Translator into one T2 slot right, like this?

If so, does your KB and Mouse work properly in T2. Go to the Device Monitor and test our all your mappings like WASD, 1,2,3,LEFT SHIFT, TAB etc as well as mouse movement and button 1&2. Does this all work ok?
MAL8010
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby MAL8010 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:05 pm

Silktouch wrote:Short question, what polling rate and DPI are you using for your mouse MAL?
I have the G502 and at the moment T2 + Xim4 until my Apex arrives.

Cheers

12k DPI, 1000 polling for me with XIM APEX.
MAL8010

Postby gamerdad » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:15 pm

Is there a way for script to show the build objects without building automatically? For example, I have button "q" binded for stairs, when I press q I want it to just show stairs so I can build with my left mouse click button. It throws me off when they keybind goes to stairs and builds the first piece aswell.
gamerdad
Corporal
Corporal

Postby MAL8010 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:34 pm

gamerdad wrote:Is there a way for script to show the build objects without building automatically? For example, I have button "q" binded for stairs, when I press q I want it to just show stairs so I can build with my left mouse click button. It throws me off when they keybind goes to stairs and builds the first piece aswell.

Code: Select all
combo BuildWall {
    wait(InitailEnd_Wait);
    key_set(Build, 1);
    wait(SameButton_Wait);
    key_set(Build, 0);
    wait(BeforeFireButton_Wait1);
    wait(BeforeFireButton_Wait2);
    mouse_set(Fire, 1);
    wait(SameButton_Wait);
    mouse_set(Fire, 0);
    wait(InitailEnd_Wait);
    bldslottrack = 1;
    mode = 1;
}

Go through the combos and remove the reference to Fire and the associated wait's before it.

So in the above combo remove the following.

Code: Select all
    wait(BeforeFireButton_Wait1);
    wait(BeforeFireButton_Wait2);
    mouse_set(Fire, 1);
    wait(SameButton_Wait);
    mouse_set(Fire, 0);
MAL8010

Postby NesQuik » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:41 pm

MAL8010 wrote:
NesQuik wrote:
MAL8010 wrote:At a glance - why do you have E, N, J mapped to buttons 18,19,20 in the keyboard mapping? If these are the buttons you are using for the build macros they shouldn't be mapped to anything!

Also you don't need secondary mappings in XIM that are the same as the primary mappings i.e. scroll down/up.

Change that and try again. To test just connect everything up and watch the T2 lights/numbers. Start with Green+0 and press each build button and confirm it goes to the correct slot i.e. Wall = Building slot 1 (so Red +1), Stairs = Building slot 3 (so red + 3) etc.

I mapped these 3 button in a proccess of trying to find a solution, didnt have them mapped from the start. I removed them from the input as well as the secondary scroll so now i got nothing in the secondary section. When i press E for walls nothing happens. Green led and 0. But when i press n and j on the mouse side buttons my guns change from 3rd slot to 2nd. So i got it somehow right there but instead of building it just switches between these two gun slots.

I loaded up your script and Input Translator and it all works fine for me in T2, so it's not a problem with either of those.

Just to check you are loading both the script AND the Input Translator into one T2 slot right, like this?

If so, does your KB and Mouse work properly in T2. Go to the Device Monitor and test our all your mappings like WASD, 1,2,3,LEFT SHIFT, TAB etc as well as mouse movement and button 1&2. Does this all work ok?

Well, its weird because supposedly the input is loaded but it just says [KM] Input Translator and i believe i have my file saved as fortnite1 so not sure why it doest say there fortnite1 like it says nesquick for yours. I dont know how to delete the memory one so just tried and added the input to slot 2 and same name. Maybe thats the issue? Is your input file named nesquick?? Or how did you made it to that name otherwise. I checked the keys in the device monitor and all keys are fine except these 3 for building(2 mouse buttons on the side and E on keyboard.) Nothing happens when i click them.
NesQuik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby MAL8010 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:50 pm

NesQuik wrote:

Well, its weird because supposedly the input is loaded but it just says [KM] Input Translator and i believe i have my file saved as fortnite1 so not sure why it doesnt say there fortnite1 like it says nesquick for yours. I dont know how to delete the memory one so just tried and added the input to slot 2 and same name. Maybe thats the issue? Is your input file named nesquick?? Or how did you made it to that name otherwise. I checked the keys in the device monitor and all keys are fine except these 3 for building(2 mouse buttons on the side and E on keyboard.) Nothing happens when i click them.

It will show whatever is in the meta information tab within the Input Translator. Naming isn't important - I was just checking you have both the script and the IT loaded into 1 memory slot. To delete a slot BTW just right click / clear memory slot.

So if mouse movement and Mbutton 1/2 as well as your KB binds are all working in T2 Device Monitor then I'm not overly sure what the issue is. You won't see anything in Device Monitor for the build buttons because the combos refer to to the end mouse outputs - what you should see if when starting from green zero if you press the stairs button the T2 go to Red+3 etc, that's how you can test the combos are working.

When I loaded your script and copied your IT into mine it worked perfectly. I'm not really sure what else to suggest, try resetting everything loading the script and IT into 1 slot again (nothing else in other slots). Make sure you have the right output protocol i.e USD Multi Interface and Disable joystick checked.

I know 2 of the build keys are actually mouse buttons but you can also press the same key on the KB too, does it work by chance when you do that i.e E, N, J on the KB
MAL8010

Postby NesQuik » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:20 pm

Wow! im actually shocked... resetting the memory slot fixed it all.. Thanks a bunch for your help! Since were are at it ill ask you some more questions if i may. If i reconnect the titan the led display is blue until i manually set it to green. Is that how it supposed to be? And is there a way to map weapons slots to keys? lets say i have a shotgun in first slot and rpg in slot 3 and i want to quickly switch. Btw. do you feel any difference in terms of aim performance when you connect your mouse to titan or straight to apex? because i believe it kind of messing up my aim and i didnt change any settings for that. When i connect my mouse straight to apex i feel like its better. Well, ill leave it like it is for now and finally get some playing with the set up i wanted but in the near future ill think about switching my micros all to keyboard and connect the mouse straight to apex.
NesQuik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby MAL8010 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:29 pm

NesQuik wrote:Wow! im actually shocked... resetting the memory slot fixed it all.. Thanks a bunch for your help! Since were are at it ill ask you some more questions if i may. If i reconnect the titan the led display is blue until i manually set it to green. Is that how it supposed to be? And is there a way to map weapons slots to keys? lets say i have a shotgun in first slot and rpg in slot 3 and i want to quickly switch. Btw. do you feel any difference in terms of aim performance when you connect your mouse to titan or straight to apex? because i believe it kind of messing up my aim and i didnt change any settings for that. When i connect my mouse straight to apex i feel like its better. Well, ill leave it like it is for now and finally get some playing with the set up i wanted but in the near future ill think about switching my micros all to keyboard and connect the mouse straight to apex.

Whenever you make changes to a script or IT you need to save/compile and reload them into the memory slot again and then cycle through the memory slots as well. It's likely you didn't do this.

Yes, when the T2 loads up it defaults to slot 0, so you would manually change it to the desired memory slot.

I don't notice any difference with mouse connected direct to XIM versus through T2.

You can move all your build buttons to KB, you would also have to make sure all keys the script uses are on KB too. There is a post on the last couple pages with detailed instructions on what needs to be changed if you use a KB for all the combo inputs over a mouse etc.
MAL8010

Postby NesQuik » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:38 pm

MAL8010 wrote:
NesQuik wrote:Wow! im actually shocked... resetting the memory slot fixed it all.. Thanks a bunch for your help! Since were are at it ill ask you some more questions if i may. If i reconnect the titan the led display is blue until i manually set it to green. Is that how it supposed to be? And is there a way to map weapons slots to keys? lets say i have a shotgun in first slot and rpg in slot 3 and i want to quickly switch. Btw. do you feel any difference in terms of aim performance when you connect your mouse to titan or straight to apex? because i believe it kind of messing up my aim and i didnt change any settings for that. When i connect my mouse straight to apex i feel like its better. Well, ill leave it like it is for now and finally get some playing with the set up i wanted but in the near future ill think about switching my micros all to keyboard and connect the mouse straight to apex.

Whenever you make changes to a script or IT you need to save/compile and reload them into the memory slot again and then cycle through the memory slots as well. It's likely you didn't do this.

Yes, when the T2 loads up it defaults to slot 0, so you would manually change it to the desired memory slot.

I don't notice any difference with mouse connected direct to XIM versus through T2.

You can move all your build buttons to KB, you would also have to make sure all keys the script uses are on KB too. There is a post on the last couple pages with detailed instructions on what needs to be changed if you use a KB for all the combo inputs over a mouse etc.

Youre right, i just saved and compiled them but never was resetting the slot. Thought there was no need to do that since you save/compile. So now after its fixed i will proceed to update to the new titan firmware from yesterday. Hope it wont mess up anything ha. And ill finally try again my other keyboard(corsair k55 rgb) as for some reason it doesnt work when i connect it to titan but does fine while connected to xim. Maybe the update fixed it. If it works ill have more buttons for my micros there. How about the mapping each weapon slots to different key. Is that possible or will it get in the way with the script?
NesQuik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby MAL8010 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:05 pm

NesQuik wrote:
MAL8010 wrote:

Youre right, i just saved and compiled them but never was resetting the slot. Thought there was no need to do that since you save/compile. So now after its fixed i will proceed to update to the new titan firmware from yesterday. Hope it wont mess up anything ha. And ill finally try again my other keyboard(corsair k55 rgb) as for some reason it doesnt work when i connect it to titan but does fine while connected to xim. Maybe the update fixed it. If it works ill have more buttons for my micros there. How about the mapping each weapon slots to different key. Is that possible or will it get in the way with the script?

I initially incorporated weapons as well. It's a lot more complicated, mainly because unlike building which always resets to slot 1 after you switch off building mode, weapons don't it retains it's last occupied slot, so tracking weapons and pickaxe and the different combinations is more difficult. I removed it because everyone wanted just the building but I can look to add it back in when I get some time.

Also, importantly it can only be used when ALL 5 weapon slots are filled as it's impossible to differentiate between a filled and unfilled slot.
MAL8010

PreviousNext

Return to GPC2 Script Programming