Splatoon 2 + Titan two

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

Re: Splatoon 2 + Titan two

Postby Squid » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:32 pm

Nice! @osbor let me know what do you think about it (make a video if possible xD)
Squid
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby osbor » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:59 pm

my switch is on loan to a family member right now but i can get it back.
as luck would have it, i also have a nice capture card so i can get some test footage with different weapons
osbor
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby osbor » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:55 am

Trying to use this thing, i got used to the regular interface but this is a GPC script so i have no idea what the workflow is to compile then push into a memory slot, also the default key mapping is bonkers, the A button is K and WASD mappings are commented out, this is going to take a while to unpack

edit:
alright, changed the mapping enough so that i can get to the test range and shoot.
it feels like the X axis has too little acceleration and the Y axis has way too much. they're both very smooth, and very small inputs translate to tiny motions so you can do high precision tracking with small movements BUT, the y axis acceleration is way too high, a little too much mouse movement up or down and your view zooms upwards, which means you need to correct for it which zooms your view downwards since it's super easy to over-correct, so while you're trying to aim precisely your head's bobbing up and down
also yes i have the dpi on my mouse set to 8000 to match the script's specs

changing the "300" in this line to "700" helps a lot by the way
Code: Select all
mmy += (fix32) mouse_status(MOUSE_Y) / 700.0;
osbor
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Squid » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:54 pm

osbor, how would it work with 1600 dpi? (Unfortunately it's the max dpi that my mouse can get)
Squid
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby osbor » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:04 pm

probably not great, i didn't see a dpi configurable value within the script code at a glance, and generally if your dpi is much lower than expected you get some weird movement behavior

but man, 1600? might be a good excuse to upgrade
osbor
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Squid » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:59 pm

Yeah... on PC it works flawless (I play cs go with 800dpi), and I always read that with this translation thing (mouse in consoles) you need high dpi because it works completely different. But I thought that it maybe could work because now it's a gyro translation, so maybe dpi wouldn't interfere too much? But I don't know.

If the translation is working great (I mean, almost PC like) then I will buy the titan two and a new mouse just for that (my only interest is splatoon). Otherwise it's not worth for me.
Squid
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby osbor » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:30 pm

flawless in csgo at 800dpi? heh. Lemme tell ya, you're going to love going to something like 8000 dpi and lowering your sensitivity to compensate, you'll be amazed how much smoother your tracking is when you do that
osbor
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Squid » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:10 pm

Well, 99% of the pro scene play it with 800 dpi. But anyway, I like to test things for myself, so I surely will give it a try when an opportunity appears.
Squid
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby sky418 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:10 am

It's not enough to have dpi on mouse it must be setting in Device Configuration equal to yours
My 8000 is too high i have forget why i doing this, 2500-3000 match more then enouph
800 dpi is office mouse I don't have this - min i have is 1600, check you setting in Device Configuration, what dpi is writing there.
the X axis has too little acceleration and the Y axis has way too much.....

I'll see what to do. But i don't have those problems you written at all.
sky418
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Squid » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:34 am

sky418 wrote:I'll see what to do. But i don't have those problems you written at all.

Sky, could you make a video testing it? Will be fine if it's using Switch's video capture feature.
Squid
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to GPC2 Script Programming