X52 pro remapping help

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: X52 pro remapping help

Postby phillow » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:06 am

Hi Ian,

Thanks for contributing here!
As you might be aware, me and the guys i am working with have been very active the past months to get the X52 supported better.
Part of that story should also be to have the X52(pro) cross-plattform capable. What that means is: basic control should be able on both platforms for the sticks plugged in without any remapping or scripting.
So far, J2KBR did a fantastic job with it, as this was enabled for both versions.
He did this with mapping Buttons 4,5,7,8 to the left hand pointer finger hat for Thrusters, and reassigning face buttons (A,B,X,Y//CIRCLE,CROSS,SQUARE,TRIANGLE) for both platforms to "E,D,i,left mouse button".
There might be slight differences, as on the standard X52, we can use the "Right Mouse button", which is almost perfect for headlook.
Another difference that points out to me: MFD:Function is mapped to Button_2 for the X52 standard.

With the "Mode Button" i guess you are reffering to the "i"/clutch button?
Have you tried to unload your memory slot and try this again?
-> This sounds to me very much that there is something in your script provoking that :)

From this release on, i was also trying to elevate the capabilites by remapping the stick first and free up channels for further enhancements (such as: pinky finger, mouse wheel btns), but failed miserably, see: https://github.com/J2Kbr/TitanTwo/issues/297

br,
Phillow
phillow
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby thomo127 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:29 am

Thanks Phillow,

Happy to work in with you on the X52.

Quick question, have you done any testing with the X52 PRO?

I have both the X52 PRO and X52 Standard and the HID for the PRO is producing very different results compared to the x52 Standard. I can accomodate for most of the differences via a separate Input Translator file for the X52 PRO (so that the same GPC script will work with both HOTAS's), but some of the issues will require a change to the X52 PRO HID file to align it with the X52 Standard.

I'm completely happy with how the X52 Standard is working and have four other players of Elite Dangerous using the same set up (so I hope the X52 Standard HID file does not change too much).

The Mode Switch I'm referring to is the three way wheel on the Joystick which is used on PC to switch between different configurations. It currently doesn't do anything on the X52 Standard with my setup (which is good), but is active on the X52 PRO (which is annoying).

I've mapped the 'i"/Clutch button to Xbox button A .

The rest of my current mappings for X52 Standard to the Xbox One controller are documented in the attached spreadsheet (which - as I mentioned above - I'm currently ok with).

Cheers

Ian
Attachments
X52 Pro requested GPC Designators.xlsx
(13.49 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
thomo127
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby phillow » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:21 am

Hi Thomo,

Now, your excel makes much more sense to me!

-> Unfortunately, i hadnt any chance to test the pro somewhere (altough i´d love to), but your layout request does now give me "perfect" insight.

As I see on your table, on the "pro", there are many inputs such as the Throttle Hat, which does not work out the way they should.

I have created a conversion table that accomodate´s the actual Channels for X52 (and pro) and a desired for both.
I tried to map both out (based on the experience i got with the X52 and Channel behaviour) the way they might fit best. From the "standard/direct inputs such as A,B,X,Y to Thruster Hat, over additionals (such as upper hat which are successful tested that way on X52).
Some constraint: POINT_* (and also ACCEL/GYRO) does react different on PS than on XBOX it seems (i learned the hard way), therefore having all of our Buttons being BUTTON_x would make way more sense.

Please have a look if that would also suit the needs for the pro.

X52_conversion_table.xlsx
(12.2 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Last edited by phillow on Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phillow
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby thomo127 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:19 am

Thanks Phillow

Yeah, it can be difficult communicating this sort of technical detail via text chat.

But, the spreadsheet you have updated looks good. I'll give it a closer look later tonight (I'm in Brisbane Australia FYI).

There is only one button I don't understand in your spreadsheet, where is the "Wheel Button: Right Mouse Button" on the X52 Standard?The Logitech software does not highlight it, so I can't figure out where it is.

Cheers

Thomo
thomo127
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby phillow » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:34 am

thomo127 wrote:There is only one button I don't understand in your spreadsheet, where is the "Wheel Button: Right Mouse Button" on the X52 Standard?The Logitech software does not highlight it, so I can't figure out where it is.

EDIT: you can find that button by pressing the scroll-wheel on your left hand middle finger.

cheers from austria :innocent_smile_1:
Last edited by phillow on Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phillow
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby thomo127 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:53 am

Right hand, you mean in the joystick?
Or left hand on the throttle?

OMG, it's on the scroll wheel on the throttle. I've been using an X52 for over 2 years and never knew that was a button!

:smile0203:
thomo127
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby phillow » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:12 pm

:smile0202: :smile0202: :smile0202: :smile0202: :smile0202: :smile0202:

thomo127 wrote: I'll give it a closer look later tonight (I'm in Brisbane Australia FYI).

Please update here once done, it would be very cool to get that done from J2KBR for both sticks :joia:
phillow
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby thomo127 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:12 am

Hi Phillow

Sorry it took me a while to get back to this - I've been offline for about a week.

I've taken a look at the mapping you proposed in X52_conversion_table.xlsx and it looks fine to me. So long as one of the Mode switches does not activate any buttons I'm happy with the changes to the nerw HID file. You have proposed that Mode 3 is n/a - so that's excellent.

I was wondering if there might be a problem with mapping the Precision Slider to a binary on/off button (you have proposed PADDLE_2) instead of an input that supports a scale (i.e. 0 - 100) which the POINT_2_X input supports?

Just a thought, I'm no expert in HID devices, but I currently use the Precision Slider for Forward and Reverse Thrusters. When the slider is moved to < 5 the reverse thrusters kick in, when it's > 95, the forward thrusters kick in. Between 5 and 95, neither forward or reverse thrusters are active. I use this all the time in combat in Elite so I can keep the throttle in the blue zone and just use the forward and reverse thrusters to make fine adjustments in the distance to my target. This function would require the use of two buttons if the precision slider was mapped to an on/off button instead of scale input.

So, what do we need to do now to encourage the ConsoleTuner team to make the proposed changes to the HID files?

Cheers

Thomo
thomo127
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Chewydan » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:49 pm

I have successfully set up X52 Pro with Titan Two and have programmed my own GPC (special thanks to this board, especially "Phillow" for sharing code so I can learn). This was a blast to get this far and it works very nice...

is it possible to...
- Map the clutch button? Maybe I am using the wrong HID file.
- Map the throttle hat (not the thumb nub).
- Map the Down and Left directions on the Stick secondary hat?
- Get the throttle lights working? (only the stick lights up).
- Send rumble commands to the authenticating Xbox controller?

If not, are there plans to address these?

Thanks in advance.
Dan
Chewydan
Private
Private

Postby SnorrieCorrie » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:00 pm

I've been following the work on HID for x52. Received my titan two today, also to use x52 pro in Elite.
I updated the titan two configuration with latest hid's.

Funny, I get a different result in gtuner than your spreadsheet would suggest. See attached, I added columns with what I see, and where the values are different to either x52 or x52 pro mappings you list.

I wonder if there is a difference in HID descriptor for Saitek vs Logitech x52 pro's? Or maybe x52 firmware editions?

Just thought I'd share before you submit to get a new hid compiled.
Attachments
X52_conversion_table.xlsx
(15.03 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
SnorrieCorrie
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device