PS5 mouse and kb

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

PS5 mouse and kb

Postby iOL » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:20 pm

Hi, can i use logitech G400S mouse and sony nav controller as keyboard on ps5 with the titan two? Is there a good and stable input translator that would work with those ?

Thanks
iOL
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: PS5 mouse and kb

Postby Mad » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:09 am

Hi,

Yes they will work fine. The input translator is not based on what devices you have but what game you're playing. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby iOL » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:05 am

Is this video still up to date on the wiring?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s4TDy1lObs

In the video the guy use a universal input translator for mouse and keyboard but your telling me to get one based on the game im playing. What are the keywords i have to search for the right translator ? When i try "ps5" there are only 2 results.

Thanks
iOL
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby iOL » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:18 pm

Mad wrote:Hi,

Yes they will work fine. The input translator is not based on what devices you have but what game you're playing. :smile0517:

Can you please help me @mad or anyone ?

Thanks
iOL
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mad » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:29 pm

iOL wrote:Can you please help me @mad or anyone ?

Type in the name of the game you're playing and download the PS4 input translator, it'll work the same. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby iOL » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:07 pm

So i dont need a XIM APEX in order to play with keyboard and mouse. I can just use the titan two and an input translator from ps4 and it will work with the ps5. What about the secutity check (0.8 sec timeout after each 7:30) ?

Thanks
iOL
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mad » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:59 pm

iOL wrote:So i dont need a XIM APEX in order to play with keyboard and mouse. I can just use the titan two and an input translator from ps4 and it will work with the ps5. What about the secutity check (0.8 sec timeout after each 7:30) ?

Correct.

If you don't want to re-connect you can use a third party PS4 controller such as the hori mini for authentication with the PS5
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby iOL » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:48 pm

How is the quality of motion with mouse and the titan 2? (I'v been using XIM that is high quality imo for couple years now)

Can i use a universal mouse and keyboard input translator when there is none for a particular game ?

Thanks
iOL
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mad » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:20 pm

iOL wrote:How is the quality of motion with mouse and the titan 2? (I'v been using XIM that is high quality imo for couple years now)

If you haven't tried, how would you know? :smile0517:

Once set up correctly, I felt no need for the xim so I sold mine. There are more smart translators for the xim / easier to setup since it only does translation.

iOL wrote:Can i use a universal mouse and keyboard input translator when there is none for a particular game ?

Each game has a different curve, deadzone etc so no, there shouldn't be a universal translator. You can ask for one on the forums/discord.
Mad
Major General
Major General

Return to Titan Two Device