T2 reconnecting on PS5

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

T2 reconnecting on PS5

Postby elseb » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:19 am

Hi, here's the setup: titan two connected to the ps5, on the other side i have dual shock4 (v2) connected to port B for authentication and ms elite v2 controller connected wirelessly via official titan bt module. I’m playing gtaV (so ps4 game) and AU isn't flashing so it looks like authentication is working but the elite still disconnects and reconnects from time to time, I've ordered hori mini pad for authentication but according to the internets ds4 is fine for ps4 games, anyone know what could be the issue here?

PS. there is 1.5A psu connected to power it all up.

PS2. I’ve just gone and got myself 3rd party ps4 controller and put it in port B, the issue didn’t go away.

Ps3. The reconnections occur every 7minutes and 30seconds.
elseb
Corporal
Corporal

Re: T2 reconnecting on PS5

Postby Mad » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:09 pm

Hi,

Have you tried changing output protocol in device configuration to USB Playstation 5 with the hori mini?

Make sure this option is also set:
Settings → Devices → Controllers → Communication Method: Use USB Cable.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby elseb » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:57 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, after a chat with the support and trying few things we’ve managed to make it work using USB PlayStation 4 output protocol and original Dualshock 4 v2 for authentication (thats working with GTAV) i have not tried ps5 games yet but i think the 3rd party controller (gioteck) i bought from my local store may not be good for authentication, i may need to order hori mini online as it was sold out in my local store when i went to get it.
elseb
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Mad » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:04 pm

Glad you got it sorted mate.

From antithesis:
Hori Mini may need to be connected to Titan Two after starting up the PS5 and logging into your PSN account.

Nacon Compact PS4 Wired Controller doesn't have this problem and can remain connected at all times.

Maybe see if you can get the nancon compact, sounds like the better option right now.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Return to Titan Two Device