PS5 Users.You don’t need a Beloader. Read this whole thread!

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

PS5 Users.You don’t need a Beloader. Read this whole thread!

Postby Maxxgold » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:27 pm

UPDATE: PSRC can now be run on Windows.
UPDATE: PSRC will have a latency meter implemented in the next version, so you can see in real-time your latency.
UPDATE: Beta version with latency meter is live. Latency measured less than .2ms!

Just putting this here because I still see people that don’t really understand what a Beloader is doing. It just lets you use Remote-Play on your PS5.. I’m listing the PSRC methods first, because PSRC is the best way to use your Titan 2 or Xim. There is no lag. It is a perfect connection, and you can play competitive again. Unlike with Beloader or plain Remote Play!

RSPC runs on a Raspberry PI, and now it can run on Windows. It comes from from Apex_Vip on the XIM Apex forums. His software is called PSRC, and it is the fastest connection available, way better than Beloader, and it is free, if you have a Raspberry Pi, or Windows, and even some other devices. You have to get invited to be able to join the group. Apply Here: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=97876.0

I don’t recommend the options below, but they will let you use your devices without a Beloader. Those with a PS4 laying around say that it’s connection is good to.

If you have a PC, you don’t need a Beloader. You can use the Windows PS Remote App (it’s free, don’t pay for the one in the windows store.) Download it from here: https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/r ... index.html

It’s best if your PS5 and Windows PC are wired to the same router. You can do Wi-Fi, but it’s laggy.

If you have a PS4, you can use it for Remote-Play. I wouldn’t buy a Beloader unless it’s your only option.

So, there are many methods to use your Titan 2 and XIM on PS5, while we wait for true connections..
Last edited by Maxxgold on Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:43 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Maxxgold
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: You don’t need a Beloader.

Postby battlelog » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:34 pm

I here you Max,

But what I have noticed is that using remote play app on my gaming rig, looks pretty bad.

I know its not my monitor or my rig.

With that said using the BL pro I am playing right off the ps5, it looks just if I was palying with out it.

Using the ps5 remote play app just looks bad to me, you can see it on a high end monitor, dont know about a tv, dont use one to game. I have always played on a montior.

This is just my opinion in now way am I saying that you are wrong, but this is my experince with the BL pro and using the remote play app.
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Maxxgold » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:21 pm

You were doing it wrong. Which is why I made this post. You don’t play off of your PC, you switch to the PS5, just like the Beloader does. The PC is just where you connect your XIM and Titan 2. You also set the PS Remote Play app to 360P, so that it is not using any resources.

The only reason to use a Beloader is if you don’t have a PC. Or if you can only manage Wi-Fi with your PC and PS5.

I’ve been playing the Beta with zero issues.
Maxxgold

Postby Maxxgold » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:30 am

Upon further review. I just did some testing, and the delay from using Remote Play on the PC wired, is still to much. I loaded up the PS4 version of MW II Remastered Beta, and it was just way better.

I think I’m going to check out the PSRC method. I was hoping that Remote Play alone was good enough, but it is not. At least for competitive shooters. It would be plenty for single player games, but I don't want second best. I want the best option!
Last edited by Maxxgold on Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maxxgold

Postby alanmcgregor » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:19 am

Hi fellas, just to chime in with my experience.
I had Beloader, tried Remote Play App with a PC, and Raspberry Pi Remote play on Chiaky and PSRC (thanks to apex_vip).

Maxxgold is right Remote Play via PC or Laptop, is enough specially for single player games. T2 goes to a USB port on your PC, remote play app on PC set to the lowest image quality, you use your TV or gaming monitor (where your console is connected) not the video feed on your remote play. Your PC running RP is pretty much a big adapter for your T2 + XIM Apex.

Raspberry PI is a cigarette box size PC, whatever SO you put on its MicroSD will change its functionality, with chiaky or PSRC those are Playstation Remote Play OS, these don't need a monitor or keyboard to set up, nothing... just plug the ethernet port on it and your T2 on its USB ports and that's it you have a very small print adapter for your T2 controller, very reliable.

Beloader is just an even more small device that does the RP functionality, but very poorly and inconsistent.

Get a Raspberry Pi 4 + PSRC if you can, is hands down the closest and faster as a native connection.
alanmcgregor
Major
Major

Postby Maxxgold » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:19 pm

alanmcgregor wrote:Hi fellas, just to chime in with my experience.
I had Beloader, tried Remote Play App with a PC, and Raspberry Pi Remote play on Chiaky and PSRC (thanks to apex_vip).

Maxxgold is right Remote Play via PC or Laptop, is enough specially for single player games. T2 goes to a USB port on your PC, remote play app on PC set to the lowest image quality, you use your TV or gaming monitor (where your console is connected) not the video feed on your remote play. Your PC running RP is pretty much a big adapter for your T2 + XIM Apex.

Raspberry PI is a cigarette box size PC, whatever SO you put on its MicroSD will change its functionality, with chiaky or PSRC those are Playstation Remote Play OS, these don't need a monitor or keyboard to set up, nothing... just plug the ethernet port on it and your T2 on its USB ports and that's it you have a very small print adapter for your T2 controller, very reliable.

Beloader is just an even more small device that does the RP functionality, but very poorly and inconsistent.

Get a Raspberry Pi 4 + PSRC if you can, is hands down the closest and faster as a native connection.

And Alan is right about PSRC. I just got it setup on a Raspberry Pi 4, and it is fast and snappy. I can’t wait to try it out for COD Modern Warfare II.

My advice would be to not buy a Beloader. You can put PSRC on a X96 mini, which costs 30 dollars, and blows the doors off of Beloader.

Here is a video showing you the difference between all the methods. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2z-PZVhhTs

Make sure to like that video.
Maxxgold

Re: You don’t need a Beloader. Read this whole thread!

Postby battlelog » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:25 pm

Hedy Max & Alan.

I am using the BL pro, so from what max said I guess I was doing it wrong.

My question is this, I dont use a M/K, I have always been a controller guy.

So If I buy a RB Pi 4 or a X96 mini, I can still use my T2 and my controller to play on ps5 using remote play?

Can you guyts provide the link for the discord server for PSRC.

Thanks in advance.
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Maxxgold » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:32 pm

battlelog wrote:Hedy Max & Alan.

I am using the BL pro, so from what max said I guess I was doing it wrong.

My question is this, I dont use a M/K, I have always been a controller guy.

So If I buy a RB Pi 4 or a X96 mini, I can still use my T2 and my controller to play on ps5 using remote play?

Can you guyts provide the link for the discord server for PSRC.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can. I was playing COD 4 all day today, testing out the PSRC, and it is the fastest way to play games on your PS5. If there is a delay, its undetectable. I got COD 4 with my sub to PS PLUS Extra, and have never played it before, so I was at a disadvantage, and I held my own, and PSRC felt good.

I can't wait to play Modern Warfare II later next month.

For PSRC, you connect your XIM/T2 to the Raspberry Pi, or x96 Mini.

Go to the top and post in the Xim forums I linked. The only way to get in is by invite, and you will get in. It took me 2 days. Just be patient and watch your Xim personal message box. Apex_Vip will send you a private message with a Discord link, and that link will time out at some point, so keep checking.
Maxxgold

Postby battlelog » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:45 pm

Hey thank you Max.

Now to go to micro center and get a RB pi 4.
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby battlelog » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:49 pm

Hey Max will this one work???

https://www.microcenter.com/product/633 ... r-required

It says its a RB pi 4???

Will be new to this stuff.
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Next

Return to Titan Two Device