Xbox one controller 5.11.3116.0 firmware Rollback

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Xbox one controller 5.11.3116.0 firmware Rollback

Postby Maxxgold » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:46 pm

Just posting this to save the information here in case anyone else runs into this problem. I updated my firmware on my Xbox One controller to 5.11.3116.0 and it bricked my controller for use on Bluetooth and the Titan 2 adapter. After doing some digging, I found the information that allows you to revert the firmware update to the previous firmware. Apparently, if you have an Xbox, this option is available withing the system itself, but since I don't have an Xbox anymore, and primarily just game on the PC, I needed an option for the PC. Just follow the steps below, and your firmware will be rolled back and your controller will work with the Titan 2 again.

You need to have the Xbox Accessories App installed in Windows. Then open up file explorer, and select <This PC> and replace <This PC> with: xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true

Then hit enter and it will give you the option to revert firmware.
Maxxgold
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Xbox one controller 5.11.3116.0 firmware Rollback

Postby bernsy124 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:26 am

i wanna kiss you on the mouth, you just helped me fix controller issues
bernsy124
Private
Private

Postby giolima » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:12 pm

Maxxgold wrote:Just posting this to save the information here in case anyone else runs into this problem. I updated my firmware on my Xbox One controller to 5.11.3116.0 and it bricked my controller for use on Bluetooth and the Titan 2 adapter. After doing some digging, I found the information that allows you to revert the firmware update to the previous firmware. Apparently, if you have an Xbox, this option is available withing the system itself, but since I don't have an Xbox anymore, and primarily just game on the PC, I needed an option for the PC. Just follow the steps below, and your firmware will be rolled back and your controller will work with the Titan 2 again.

You need to have the Xbox Accessories App installed in Windows. Then open up file explorer, and select <This PC> and replace <This PC> with: xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true

Then hit enter and it will give you the option to revert firmware.

Dude, i literally registered to this site just now only to thank you. Can't believe MS itself is kind of bricking they own controllers.

Anyway, thank you so much!
giolima
Private
Private

Postby Maxxgold » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:58 pm

:smile0517: You are welcome guys. I knew this would help someone!
Maxxgold

Postby fullerorb7 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:43 am

"Bricked" is usually used when it's more on a permanent side. When I hear Bricked I don't think about it being recovered.

Oh yeah "soft Bricked" is what I'm thinking of
fullerorb7
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby rojasmhg » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:10 am

I'm going to build you a freaking shrine. Thanks man! You saved my life!
rojasmhg
Private
Private

Postby makmillion » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:25 pm

This worked perfect on my Xbox One S controller when the revert firmware option wasn't showing up. Thank you so much!!
makmillion
Private
Private

Postby Maxxgold » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:10 pm

I’m glad this is still helping out!
Maxxgold

Postby mrallroy » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:24 pm

Hi all,
I've got this issue but the xbox accessories app is not allowing me to downgrade. I keep getting an error saying the controller is already up to date. No option to downgrade is shown. This is on pc as I don't have a console. Does anyone have any idea how I can get this to work?
mrallroy
Private
Private

Postby Squidward » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:27 pm

mrallroy wrote:Hi all,
I've got this issue but the xbox accessories app is not allowing me to downgrade. I keep getting an error saying the controller is already up to date. No option to downgrade is shown. This is on pc as I don't have a console. Does anyone have any idea how I can get this to work?

Plug your controller into your PC and then press Windows key and R key at the same time, which will bring up the Run dialog. Then paste this in and press Enter:
Code: Select all
xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true

That will launch the Xbox Accessories app and prompt you to downgrade your controller's firmware.
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to Titan Two Device