Titan Two support?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan Two support?

Postby GamingScene » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:02 am

Does the titan two support the Scuf Impact? And Scuf Elite controllers
GamingScene
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Titan Two support?

Postby GamingScene » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:23 am

Anybody?
GamingScene
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Scachi » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:04 am

I think they should work just fine as they are licensed controller and work fine on their own with the consoles.
I have several controllers with mod-chips in them. Battle Beaver, Evil Controllers and self modified ones with different programmable mod-chips/flexboards. They all work fine, so I guess it would be the same for the Scuff ones.

The T2 will see them as "normal" controllers. The paddles will only send the button as pressed matching the controller own remapping. So you won't be able use them as "extra/additional" buttons to execute specific script actions.
If you mapped a paddle to button "X", the T2 will just see it as if you pressed the real "X" button.
That is the same will all modded controllers.

Some controllers allow macros to be assigned to their extra paddles/buttons. You still can use existing buttons only, but
with those you may be able to assign a "very short button press" to the button and use a script to monitor the length of that very short button press to trigger specific actions as you won't be able to click that short by hand.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby GamingScene » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:05 pm

Scachi wrote:I think they should work just fine as they are licensed controller and work fine on their own with the consoles.
I have several controllers with mod-chips in them. Battle Beaver, Evil Controllers and self modified ones with different programmable mod-chips/flexboards. They all work fine, so I guess it would be the same for the Scuff ones.

The T2 will see them as "normal" controllers. The paddles will only send the button as pressed matching the controller own remapping. So you won't be able use them as "extra/additional" buttons to execute specific script actions.
If you mapped a paddle to button "X", the T2 will just see it as if you pressed the real "X" button.
That is the same will all modded controllers.

Some controllers allow macros to be assigned to their extra paddles/buttons. You still can use existing buttons only, but
with those you may be able to assign a "very short button press" to the button and use a script to monitor the length of that very short button press to trigger specific actions as you won't be able to click that short by hand.

Thanks but how sure are you I'm pretty sure the SCUF Impact is a completely new controller
GamingScene
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Scachi » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:21 am

Only someone with those controllers and consoles can answer that.
I don't think that they are "completely new" controller as far as the internal electronic goes..how could they work on the consoles without the console needing a firmware update then ?

And when they are indeed new and not yet supported by the T2 I am sure J2kbr will have no problems to add support for them to the T2. Probably all that would be required is fetching the descriptors and post them to J2kbr then and he will be able to add it then.
But I still think they will work just fine already.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Prototype » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:45 am

GamingScene wrote:Thanks but how sure are you I'm pretty sure the SCUF Impact is a completely new controller

The SCUF are official controllers that have been modified and they works like the official controllers so the SCUF Impact should work with the Titans like the others.
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby GamingScene » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Kk cool thanks for your help
GamingScene
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major