Request: Post Software & Firmware Updates To Forum

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Request: Post Software & Firmware Updates To Forum

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:46 am

Awesome, thank you for the feedback. :)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby glenntidbury » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:39 am

ok, so I actually had a little free time this morning, and I've come to the conclusion that my "set the acc/brakes/steering etc to whatever you want" idea, is overkill and really not needed.

every game I tested had the exact same control scheme in that regard:-

L2 is brake/reverse
R2 is accelerate

these 2 are already set correctly.

LX is for steering in all games I tried, but using the g29 in ds4 mode on titan 2, the wheel controls RX instead.

This is fixed with the input translator.

I've also found out that, with all the games I'm playing at least, they either don't use gears/clutch at all (like VRKarts for example), or if they do, they already support the g29 natively. So again, my idea of a script to control the gear/up/down mechanics by the physical gear stick and running combos, although pretty neat, really isn't required at this stage.

so basically all that's needed is that input translator to swap LX and RX.

However, the main problem with the setup is that there is a HUGE deadzone. So I have to basically turn the wheel around 180 degrees to get any kind of steering going.

I was initially thinking that this could be solved by just doubling the output using a script (i.e. set_val(STICK_2_X, 2.0*(get_actual(STICK_2_X)));

but I don't know if this will work, because in the t2 device manager, it's literally not even recognising any movement until you turn the wheel to 45 degrees.

not sure if this is a limitation of the g29 wheel itself, or of the ds4 output protocol or something?

so I'm not quite sure where to proceed from here. the fact that it's even working at all is pretty awesome though :)
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Prototype » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:53 am

glenntidbury wrote:LX is for steering in all games I tried, but using the g29 in ds4 mode on titan 2, the wheel controls RX instead.

This is fixed with the input translator.

I've also found out that, with all the games I'm playing at least, they either don't use gears/clutch at all (like VRKarts for example), or if they do, they already support the g29 natively. So again, my idea of a script to control the gear/up/down mechanics by the physical gear stick and running combos, although pretty neat, really isn't required at this stage.

so basically all that's needed is that input translator to swap LX and RX.

Same for me with a DS4 in the INPUT A and the wheel (DFPRO) in the INPUT B, after removing the DS4 and plugged the wheel in the INPUT A everything works fine.

glenntidbury wrote:However, the main problem with the setup is that there is a HUGE deadzone. So I have to basically turn the wheel around 180 degrees to get any kind of steering going.

I was initially thinking that this could be solved by just doubling the output using a script (i.e. set_val(STICK_2_X, 2.0*(get_actual(STICK_2_X)));

but I don't know if this will work, because in the t2 device manager, it's literally not even recognising any movement until you turn the wheel to 45 degrees.

not sure if this is a limitation of the g29 wheel itself, or of the ds4 output protocol or something?

so I'm not quite sure where to proceed from here. the fact that it's even working at all is pretty awesome though :)

Try to remove the DS4 from the INPUT A (hightest priority port) and it will work :smile0517:
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby glenntidbury » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:26 am

excellent. works like a charm!

Thanks for that.

Now I'm tempted to buy a second TitanTwo, so that I don't have to keep swapping cables around when I switch from a dual stick/ds4 game to a g29/wheel game.

the final step I guess would be to know if there's a way to set the output protocol in script?

this way I could have one memory slot for using the g29 with ds4 games, and one as a kind of bypass to play g29 games using native g29 controls...again without having ti unplug anything :p
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby glenntidbury » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:19 am

Also, can anyone more mathematically minded help create a value for STICK_2_X that basically starts multiplied by a very large amount, but the multiplier gets rapidly decreased as the initial value increases..... Yet without having weird ups and downs.

I basically want the wheel to still cover a range of -100 to +100, but in those lower end values (-20 to +20), I want things to be boosted up so that they're picked up in game.

So far I've come up with a script that basically triples or maybe quadruples the value, but caps it at 100/-100.

Which works quite well (still undecided whether 3 times or 4 times it's best though), but obviously has a huge impact on sensitivity in terms of the amount of different degreess of turning you can use. It's great for getting the turn started without having to turn the wheel a whole 180, but if you want to make small adjustments, it's not so good because each degree increase will obviously equate to 3 or 4 in game.

I'm wondering if I can use some mathematical trickery to have the end value be multiplied more greedily heavily the lower it is, and less so the higher it is?

I also tried using ideas like, if (get_val(STICK_2_X)<20.0){set_val(STICK_2_X, ((get_actual(STICK_2_X))*3.0));}

But then obviously, that works fine to get the low end going, but once the actual value rises up above 20, the end value drops back down to 20 from 60 or whatever, you know?

I hope this is making some kind of sense, I'm away from my setup right now, so I'm just going from memory of this morning, but I'm sure there's a simpler way to do this?
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Prototype » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:48 am

glenntidbury wrote:excellent. works like a charm!

Thanks for that.

Now I'm tempted to buy a second TitanTwo, so that I don't have to keep swapping cables around when I switch from a dual stick/ds4 game to a g29/wheel game.

the final step I guess would be to know if there's a way to set the output protocol in script?

this way I could have one memory slot for using the g29 with ds4 games, and one as a kind of bypass to play g29 games using native g29 controls...again without having ti unplug anything :p

Yes you can do that:
https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... rt_connect
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby Prototype » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:53 am

glenntidbury wrote:Also, can anyone more mathematically minded help create a value for STICK_2_X that basically starts multiplied by a very large amount, but the multiplier gets rapidly decreased as the initial value increases..... Yet without having weird ups and downs.

I basically want the wheel to still cover a range of -100 to +100, but in those lower end values (-20 to +20), I want things to be boosted up so that they're picked up in game.

So far I've come up with a script that basically triples or maybe quadruples the value, but caps it at 100/-100.

You should try a sensitivity script and change the midpoint:
https://www.consoletuner.com/greslib/?w149

Or this one:
Code: Select all
#define RESTING_DEADZONE        20.0
#define WHEEL_RESTING_VALUE     0.70
#define WHEEL_SENSITIVITY       4.0

init {
    port_connect(PORT_USB_C, PROTOCOL_WHEEL);
}

main {
    fix32 wheel_value = get_actual(STICK_1_X) + WHEEL_RESTING_VALUE;
    fix32 direction = (wheel_value >= 0.0) ? 1.0 : -1.0;
    wheel_value = abs(wheel_value);
    if(wheel_value > 2.0) {
        wheel_value *= WHEEL_SENSITIVITY;
        wheel_value += RESTING_DEADZONE;
        set_val(STICK_1_X, clamp(wheel_value, 0.0, 100.0) * direction);
    }
}
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby glenntidbury » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:17 pm

cool, thanks for that I'll give it a go after work later.

does it also work for protocol PS4 though? or only when it's set to output as a wheel?
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby glenntidbury » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:21 pm

thanks man, works great now :)

ended up using these paramaters:-

#define RESTING_DEADZONE        10.0
#define WHEEL_RESTING_VALUE     0.00
#define WHEEL_SENSITIVITY       3.0

init {
    port_connect(PORT_USB_C, PROTOCOL_PS4);
}

main {
    fix32 wheel_value = get_actual(STICK_2_X) + WHEEL_RESTING_VALUE;
    fix32 direction = (wheel_value >= 0.0) ? 1.0 : -1.0;
    wheel_value = abs(wheel_value);
    if(wheel_value > 2.0) {
        wheel_value *= WHEEL_SENSITIVITY;
        wheel_value += RESTING_DEADZONE;
        set_val(STICK_2_X, clamp(wheel_value, 0.0, 100.0) * direction);
    }
}

and then another script:-
init {
    port_connect(PORT_USB_C, PROTOCOL_WHEEL);
}

I have that in a second mem slot so that I can leave it all connected and just switch between REAL g29 and G29 to DS4 mode.

ordered a second titan two, coming tomorrow, so I can plug one in for my g29 setup and one for my dual flight stick setups, never have to unplug anything :)

works really well now I think, so thanks for your help, and of course thanks to Jefferson for the awesome t2 and ever expanding support!
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Prototype » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:35 pm

glenntidbury wrote:works really well now I think, so thanks for your help, and of course thanks to Jefferson for the awesome t2 and ever expanding support!

Yes the Titan new gen is awesome and Jefferson's work raises the level very high! I'm playing GT Sport and Dirt with my Playstation 2 wheel since the release of the wheel support and it works very well :joia:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device