Titan two and Nintendo Switch NOT connecting

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan two and Nintendo Switch NOT connecting

Postby Chocolate Misu » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:12 am

I'm at my wit's end as I've been fiddling with this for over 3 hours. I've tried every thing from the documentation 10x over.

I've disconnected all controllers, went through the settings and enabled pro controller, set the output to USB Switch.... when I plug the Titan into the switch the light turns green as though it's good to go but nothing registers when I plug in the pro controller. It absolutely refuses to acknowledge the controller through the titan no matter if I try USB or bluetooth.

If I'm doing something wrong then I have no idea what it is and it's driving me crazy because it works fine on the PS4.
Chocolate Misu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Titan two and Nintendo Switch NOT connecting

Postby Scachi » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:05 am

Make sure your T2 firmware is up to date.

You said you enabled pro controller, not sure where you have done that..the wired communication is important.
Just to make sure this is not the issue, did you do this first time configuration ? This has to be done on the switch itself:

First-time Configuration

On Nintendo Switch, enable wired communication:
System Settings → Controllers and Sensors → Check the Option: Pro Controller Wired Communication.
Configure the Output Protocol of the Titan Two to USB Automatic or USB Nintendo Switch

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... iguration1
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Chocolate Misu » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:40 am

I don't know how it happened but it seems there was another update right after I just updated. Turned all options to automatic and now it works.
Chocolate Misu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:27 am

Chocolate Misu wrote:I don't know how it happened but it seems there was another update right after I just updated. Turned all options to automatic and now it works.

:joia: :joia:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby glenntidbury » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Anyone else having issues with switch?

When it works, it's great, but I quite often find that rumble stops working mid game.

Also find it difficult to connect 2 titan 2 devices to the switch because sometimes it works and let's me connect 2 t2's each with a ds4... other times only one works and the second refuses to register any input, despite both devices showing correct lights and green indicators on output and input a where the ds4's are.

Once it's gone wrong, it then also makes it difficult to get even one t2 with ds4 to register, and the problem of no rumble comes back.

Both my t2's are up to date, both ds4 are reset.

Is there a particular sequence I should use when booting things up? Should I leave everything connected, or plug them in one by one once the switch is booted up?
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:29 pm

Honestly I never tried use 2 Titan Twos on Nintendo switch at the same time. I will try that to check if I can reproduce the described issue. However, what you are reporting make total sense, as the switch pro controller ID for both your Titan Two is the same, and this possible is causing confusion on the console.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby glenntidbury » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:34 am

Thanks.

I'm actually wondering if this is something to do with the switch dock itself rather than the t2.

I was trying to use just one ds4, connected by one t2 via USB last night to play rocket league. It was working fine, but a minute or so into my second game, it cut out.

When this happened, again, everything "Looks" normal. The input and output lights are green, the t2 display doesn't change to show any errors and everything looks like it should be working. Even the controller is still lit up..... but it just stops responding.

I have now had this issue on 2 different switch docks, using 2 different ds4's, both times connected by usb (tried several cables too, just to be sure).

The only thing can find in common is that in all instances, I've had at least 2 devices plugged in to the switch dock. (First batch of tests was with 2 titan 2 devices connected, each with their own ds4.... second tests I had one titan 2 and a pocket projector charging while playing).

I've then been reading a few things on Reddit about people's usb Ethernet adapters cutting out, and (third party) usb switch controllers cutting out. So I'm now wondering if it's more of an issue with the switch usb ports than a t2 issue?
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:04 am

glenntidbury wrote:I've then been reading a few things on Reddit about people's usb Ethernet adapters cutting out, and (third party) usb switch controllers cutting out. So I'm now wondering if it's more of an issue with the switch usb ports than a t2 issue?

Maybe. Thank you for bringing this possibility to my attention. Will help a lot while investigating this issue.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby glenntidbury » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:39 pm

Just wondering if you managed to replicate any issues with using ds4 on switch?

For some reason, I can't get it to work at all now.

Tried 2 docks, 2 t2s and 2 ds4s.

Same results now since the latest updates..... the t2 turns on for only about half a second, then shuts off.

I've tried setting output to auto or switch usb, tried various polling intervals, all kinds of options, but still the same.

It seems like everything works fine in tuner, but connected to a real switch dock, it just turns on for less than a second then turns off.

Really strange.
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:00 pm

Not yet, I have just got back from a traveling with family. This is on my to do list for this week.

glenntidbury wrote:the t2 turns on for only about half a second, then shuts off.

If you have the option "turn off with the console" enabled, please try disable to check. Thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Titan Two Device