I can not talk in the headset with the Titan 2

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: I can not talk in the headset with the Titan 2

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:46 am

Okay, after extensive tests the headset and mic works as expected when using the Titan Two alone. With XIM/Apex there are a sync issue that still need some debugging to get fixed (this is being harder than expected). As temporarily workaround use the controller on the Titan Two Input-B for auth and headset and some other controller on XIM/Apex.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Sillyasskid » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:54 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Okay, after extensive tests the headset and mic works as expected when using the Titan Two alone. With XIM/Apex there are a sync issue that still need some debugging to get fixed (this is being harder than expected). As temporarily workaround use the controller on the Titan Two Input-B for auth and headset and some other controller on XIM/Apex.

S̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶p̶e̶x̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶i̶t̶u̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶X̶b̶o̶x̶ ̶3̶6̶0̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶l̶a̶y̶S̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶3̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶A̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶X̶b̶o̶x̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶l̶a̶y̶S̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶4̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶u̶t̶h̶e̶n̶t̶i̶c̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶u̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶p̶e̶x̶.̶

Edit: Apparently you can use a Ps4 Controller with The Apex, and another PS4 Controller with the Titan Two (Using INPUT-B)

You should be able to use your headset/mic with the PS4 controller that is connected to INPUT-B of your Titan Two.
Last edited by Sillyasskid on Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby ghost1 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:58 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Okay, after extensive tests the headset and mic works as expected when using the Titan Two alone. With XIM/Apex there are a sync issue that still need some debugging to get fixed (this is being harder than expected). As temporarily workaround use the controller on the Titan Two Input-B for auth and headset and some other controller on XIM/Apex.

When will this bug be fixed?

The temporary solution did not work well with me
ghost1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby ghost1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:59 am

:icon_frown: hello ??
ghost1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:10 pm

I spend most of yesterday's morning working on this issue. The Titan Two is polling and sending data to the audio endpoints correctly. Official and third-party controllers with headset support are all working. At this point -unfortunately- we don't have means to further debug and determine why XIM/Apex isn't. I may need help from the XIM developers to progress.

In the meantime, possibles workaround: (1) use wireless headset; (2) use the controller with headset on the Titan Two Input-B and any other controller on XIM/Apex (i.e. PS3 controller).
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby ghost1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:09 am

J2Kbr wrote:I spend most of yesterday's morning working on this issue. The Titan Two is polling and sending data to the audio endpoints correctly. Official and third-party controllers with headset support are all working. At this point -unfortunately- we don't have means to further debug and determine why XIM/Apex isn't. I may need help from the XIM developers to progress.

In the meantime, possibles workaround: (1) use wireless headset; (2) use the controller with headset on the Titan Two Input-B and any other controller on XIM/Apex (i.e. PS3 controller).

When the control panel is moved to the basic port -B in the titan device The polling speed decreased from 1000Hz to 125Hz I no longer felt smooth or strong, and I lost an important element, which forced me to return. I also looked for a wireless headset and found that their prices were very high and I do not currently have the price of any one. I've bought Titan and you still confident that it's the best and will fix this small bump. :icon_frown:
ghost1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby ghost1 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:59 pm

... why
ghost1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:12 pm

ghost1 wrote:When the control panel is moved to the basic port -B in the titan device The polling speed decreased from 1000Hz to 125Hz

On what relates with the Titan Two the polling rate should remain at 1000Hz independently if the controller is on Input-A or Input-B. What is the controller you have on XIM? perhaps this is causing the polling rate decrease. You can also have a PS4 on XIM and another on the Titan Two at Input-B for authentication and headset support.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby gasknr2 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:30 am

mmmm... I have been using the T2 for a while now and I love it, its always been an easy plug and play. Its a shame I will need to remove the T2 from my setup until a resolution is found. Hopefully soon, I will be checking back from time to time....
gasknr2
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby gasknr2 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:02 pm

Does this bug only exist in the config where you are running the Audio through the controller? If I were to run my audio through say a Astro MixAmp bypassing the controller would this issue be avoided?
gasknr2
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device