Initialization procedure for Xbox One

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Initialization procedure for Xbox One

Postby lamego » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Hello experts

I am a long time user of TitanOne and recently upgraded to TitanTwo for the embedded Bluetooth support.
I have the device setup and once initialized and up and running, it works great.

I am using an wireless Xbox controller as my input A (connected through Bluetooth), a wired Xbox controller as the input B and it connects to an Xbox One X.
Issues I am seeing is the initialization routine for the Titan to stay connected.

I have the device marked explicitly for Xbox One output type, not "auto".

Strategy 1: per instructions, I keep input B always connected
If I have input B always plugged in, both A and B will shutdown (not have the console respond) within 30 seconds of use, forcing me to plug out and then back in. It will never "stay on". Every time it disconnects, Titan will flash red lights once before returning to green.

Strategy 2: I plug out input B once Titan shows fully initialized (shows '0' and I can navigate to my slot of choice). Then a random number of times it disconnects within 30 seconds and having Titan flash red once. I plug in Input B again and then remove it when I can control the system again. This repeats 1-10 times randomly after boot. Eventually it "sticks" and stays connected, without input B plugged in. If I plug back in input B it will go into strategy One and disconnect after 30 seconds.

So Strategy 2 is the only way I get it to work but with a painful initialization sequence.
It do have the device configured for Xbox One (not auto).

I am wondering what am I doing wrong here and whether there is a Strategy 3 that works all the time?
Are the above known issues?

A smaller worry of mine is regarding Bluetooth support.
If I accidentally "turn off controller" through the Xbox UI, the Titan will unpair with my wireless controller forcing me to pair again. Not a big deal but worth maybe a second look on making the pairing automatic?
lamego
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Initialization procedure for Xbox One

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:38 am

Welcome to our forums.

Please first check if you have the latest firmware installed in your Titan Two (Gtuner IV -> Tools -> Check Update).

Do you have an headset plugged on any of the controllers? if yes please try without it to check.

If using only one controller wired to the Titan Two and without load any memory slot, does the disconnection still happens?

Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby lamego » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:47 pm

Thank you for the answer. I think I have the latest as I needed to upgrade to get the Bluetooth support.
I do not have an audio headset plugged in.

I did not actually try with a cabled controller on input A. Will try that today and post back.
lamego
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby lamego » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:23 pm

Ok, tried a cable controller on input A with exactly same results.

Next try for me is to use a charger to see whether this is a power issue. I have ordered a power adaptor.
lamego
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:05 pm

After shutting down a controller, reconnecting should work without the need to pair it again. The controller keeps the last paired device remembered so just pressing the button to turn the controller on should reconnect the controller.

There was a user who reported that removing the battery from the controller used for authentication and disabling the rumbles for that controller connection did fix the disconnect issue for him, if I remember correctly.
Maybe worth a try ?
For another try with just one controller connected via cable and removing its battery if possible, just for testing.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby lamego » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:05 am

Ok so I have tried multiple other things:
- controller with no battery and disabling vibration on settings. Same issues
- power adaptor (7.5 V) per recommended video. Same issues.
- using cabled controller instead of Bluetooth. Same issues.
- different USB ports in the xbox. Same issues.

There is simply a random numbe of repeated disconnect issues between the Xbox and Titan two which gets resolved by a random number of reconnects of input B (the original controller).
Annoying issue. Once it stabilizes it stays good.

Ps: not sure it makes a difference, the Xbox is the one X version.
lamego
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby lamego » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:04 pm

How can I get support for this issue?
Seems that I'm mostly being ignored here since last 2 weeks.
lamego
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby bonefisher » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:29 pm

Are you using Bluetooth module in the Titan or after market Bluetooth your plugging in port? I have a Bluetooth controller came with the Xbox One X and haven't had any problems... using the module Bluetooth for the Titan even if setting for a while with controller shutting off I just push xbox button and connects back up. I'm running just the one controller Bluetooth to the Titan 2.
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby lamego » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:43 am

Bonefisher, what are you using for InputB ?
I am using the official Xbox One X controller as well and official Bluetooth module.
lamego
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby bonefisher » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:04 am

I'm using input B at first to AU controller then sync Bluetooth without cable. you might have to pull battery on controller to reset it then hit connect Bluetooth in T2 device configurations and then the little button on controller to sync to Bluetooth.
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Next

Return to Titan Two Device