Initialization procedure for Xbox One

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Initialization procedure for Xbox One

Postby lamego » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:03 pm

I would like to close on this thread.

Good news. The root cause is found. I simply got a bad device.

I bought another Titan two (for 2 player experience) and realized the other Titan two works flawlessly.
So I bought a third device to replace my first and am returning the first one (defective) to Amazon.

Thanks everyone and apologies for my frustration.
lamego
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:22 pm

That is unfortunately, but I am glad you found the cause of the issue. Thank you for keeping this thread updated.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby xb1 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:53 am

Do you mind updating us. I am having the exact same issue, and have tried using two different Titan Twos. How many bad devices are there? What are the chances of getting two bad devices back to back, as in my case?
xb1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:49 pm

The chances of getting two bad devices, based on returning rate I have, are very low.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Sillyasskid » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:39 pm

J2Kbr wrote:The chances of getting two bad devices, based on returning rate I have, are very low.

+1, I have 3 Titan two's and they all work flawlessly. :joia:
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby xb1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:08 pm

Sillyasskid wrote:
J2Kbr wrote:The chances of getting two bad devices, based on returning rate I have, are very low.

+1, I have 3 Titan two's and they all work flawlessly. :joia:

I really have trouble believing you.
I have 3 Titan Two's now waiting for my first to work on X Box One X without constant disconnects.

What system and controller are you using?
There are so many threads on this issue I believe it is either widespread hardware defect, firmware shortcoming, or the console system updates aren't playing well with titan two.

Because with or without script loaded, with or without a 7.5V 2A power supply, and in game or simply on xbox home screen, i experience CONSTANT DISCONNECTS with T2 and wired XB1X or wired XB1 controller.

However, its not the controllers or chords because they work wired, wirelessly, or with xim apex hub KB+M for hours uninterrupted. Only adding in the T2 causes disconnects across 3 Titan2s with the newest 0.98.1.75 (iirc Dec 14th, 2018 firmware update) {EDIT 0.98.1.76 Dec. 17th}
xb1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Sillyasskid » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:39 pm

xb1 wrote:I really have trouble believing you.

:a1chill_angry1:

xb1 wrote:I have 3 Titan Two's now waiting for my first to work on X Box One X without constant disconnects.

What system and controller are you using?
There are so many threads on this issue I believe it is either widespread hardware defect, firmware shortcoming, or the console system updates aren't playing well with titan two.

All of my Titan Two's are up to date, using the latest firmware released today.

I use two of the Titan's exclusively on the Xbox One X. The third one I use with the APEX, using the HID output protocol. The Apex is then connected to one of the Titan Two's that is connected to my the Xbox One X.

This is my normal set up
HID Titan Two(1) > Apex > Titan Two(2) > Xbox One X.
Titan Two(3)w/ Bluetooth Module > Xbox One X.

Both Titan Two(2) and Titan Two(3) are connected to separate outputs on the Xbox One X, but they are merged to act as one input using the Xbox One co-pilot feature.

In my setup only the Titan Two(2) is using a power supply.
I do have another power supply, but neither of my Titan Two(1) or Titan Two(3) in my setup need it. So I don't bother using it.

I use a normal Xbox One controller with the Apex, that authenticates the Titan Two(2) in my setup.
I also use another Xbox One controller with the Titan Two(3) however, I only plug it in once to authenticate, after which I unplug it, and connect back via bluetooth.

I don't have constant disconnects like you describe, So I don't believe this is a widespread issue. :roll:

xb1 wrote:in game or simply on xbox home screen, i experience CONSTANT DISCONNECTS with T2 and wired XB1X or wired XB1 controller.
Sorry in advance If I miss read, but what is this Xbox One X controller you speak of?
The Xbox One X does not use an exclusive controller. It uses a normal Xbox One controller. I assume you are talking about The Xbox One controller that came with your Xbox One X?

Also how do you know you are getting disconnections on the home screen? The Xbox Does not display any warning when you disconnect the controller in the home screen, this only happens in game. If the output light goes from green to red, with no scripts loaded, Then Its times to consider replacing your usb cable(s) and possibly controller(s).

xb1 wrote:However, its not the controllers or chords because they work wired, wirelessly, or with xim apex hub KB+M for hours uninterrupted.
I still would not rule out, the controller or usb cables being the the actual issue here.

The Xbox controller only needs power from the usb cable when its connected directly to the Console. If the data connection is too unreliable with the usb cable, then the Console will use the cable for power only, and stay connected wirelessly.

This is usually the case if the cable you are using is worn out, or the usb port on the controller where you plug the usb cable into is worn out, if either two are the case, simply moving the controller around when its connected would be enough to break the data connection. Causing disconnections with the Titan Two.

When you have the controller connected to the Apex, and Apex connected to the Xbox One. The reason you may not be having any disconnects, is likely because you are not moving the controller around... Adding a Titan Two to this means your now adding another usb cable. All it takes is just one bad/worn out cable in this setup to experience all the disconnects.

A simple test to determine if the cable or controllers are at fault,
Is to connect the The Titan Two to your Xbox One X,then use either input and authenticate your Xbox controller. After which unplug the controller so there is nothing connected to the Titan two's Inputs.

If the output light stays green for over half an hour, Then the issue is caused by the controller. That could mean the controller it self needs to be replaced, or the usb cable your using with the controller should be replaced, or possibly both.

If the output light goes from green to red with no controller in either input. Then replace the output usb cable on the Titan Two, and try this test again. If same thing occurs, try once more, make sure to use a different usb brand cable each time.

xb1 wrote:Only adding in the T2 causes disconnects across 3 Titan2s with the newest 0.98.1.75 (iirc Dec 14th, 2018 firmware update) {EDIT 0.98.1.76 Dec. 17th}

Looking at your post you made here on December 12th 5 days ago (The day you made an account) viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11116&p=76568#p76568 you claim to have 2 Titan Twos, One from Amazon and one from ebay, okay thats fine, but then you follow up again today, 5 days later, and now claim you have another Titan Two, Factory Direct. :whatever:

I am having a real hard time believing in these 5 days, you were able to get a another Titan Two via Factory Direct.
Shipping times when ordering Factory Direct are 3-4+ weeks.

Can you provide a picture with all 3 of your titan twos connected in GtunerIV ? I'm curious to see how "widespread" this issue really is.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby xb1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:14 am

https://imgur.com/hRzZFYu

Sillyasskid wrote:All of my Titan Two's are up to date, using the latest firmware released today.

Same. Dec. 17th 0.98.1.76

Sillyasskid wrote:This is my normal set up

Mine is just kb+m and controller > Apex > Titan Two > Xbox One X.
I also use a 7.5V 2A power supply.

Sillyasskid wrote:I don't have constant disconnects like you describe, So I don't believe this is a widespread issue.

What about all the other threads created in similar veins across xb1 and ps4?
Me using "widespread" can be an exaggeration out of frustration, but this is definitely happening to a lot of people in the forums and across multiple T2 devices.

Sillyasskid wrote:Sorry in advance If I miss read, but what is this Xbox One X controller you speak of?
The Xbox One X does not use an exclusive controller. It uses a normal Xbox One controller. I assume you are talking about The Xbox One controller that came with your Xbox One X?

I use the terminology to distinguish between the controller that came with an XB1 vs the one purchased with XB1X, they do look slightly different at the top and their latest controller firmware updates have different numbers.

Sillyasskid wrote:Also how do you know you are getting disconnections on the home screen? The Xbox Does not display any warning when you disconnect the controller in the home screen, this only happens in game.

Because the XB1 controller in T2 input A will no longer navigate through the menu. For one minute it will let me navigate around the home screens and settings, then without warning it will disconnect (no on screen prompt), and I have to manually unplug and plug back the controller to T2 connection kit cable to have controller inputs work.

Sillyasskid wrote:If the output light goes from green to red, with no scripts loaded, Then Its times to consider replacing your usb cable(s) and possibly controller(s).

Using any permutations of cables from the THREE T2 connection kits, doesn't make a difference.

Sillyasskid wrote:This is usually the case if the cable you are using is worn out, or the usb port on the controller where you plug the usb cable into is worn out, if either two are the case, simply moving the controller around when its connected would be enough to break the data connection. Causing disconnections with the Titan Two.

The XB1 controller is old so that's possible, but the XB1X (meaning included with brand new XB1X in November) is in pristine condition. Also, I do not move the controller. It can by lying completely flat, still, and untouched.

Sillyasskid wrote:A simple test to determine if the cable or controllers are at fault,
Is to connect the The Titan Two to your Xbox One X,then use either input and authenticate your Xbox controller. After which unplug the controller so there is nothing connected to the Titan two's Inputs.

I have tried this. The T2 will "REMEMBER" the authenticated XB1 controller even if I unplug the controller, but only for a limited time. Then it disconnects and game says controller disconnected--at a discreet time many seconds minutes after unplugging controller.

Sillyasskid wrote:Looking at your post you made here on December 12th 5 days ago (The day you made an account) viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11116&p=76568#p76568 you claim to have 2 Titan Twos, One from Amazon and one from ebay, okay thats fine, but then you follow up again today, 5 days later, and now claim you have another Titan Two, Factory Direct.

You're right. My inconsistency is a mistake. The first is March Amazon, second is November eBay, third is also from eBay
Below is an imgur linked photo

https://imgur.com/hRzZFYu

Sillyasskid wrote:A simple test to determine if the cable or controllers are at fault,

If the output light stays green for over half an hour, Then the issue is caused by the controller. That could mean the controller it self needs to be replaced, or the usb cable your using with the controller should be replaced, or possibly both.

If the output light goes from green to red with no controller in either input. Then replace the output usb cable on the Titan Two, and try this test again. If same thing occurs, try once more, make sure to use a different usb brand cable each time.

This was very thoughtful and intelligent trouble shooting. Thank you. I'm sorry I know my tone is indignant, but please believe that even though my account is new, I have done a tone of due diligence reading posts for months as a "lurker," have a longer history on the xim apex forums, and have been willing to purchase multiple devices, connection kits, expansion kit, controllers and go through tons of permutations to troubleshoot and identify the weakest link before dumping frustration and begging for help on the forums, but I have to admit I really do need help and forgive my desperation coming out in my writing
xb1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Hyphen- » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:46 am

Sillyasskid wrote:...A simple test to determine if the cable or controllers are at fault,

If the output light goes from green to red with no controller in either input. Then replace the output usb cable on the Titan Two, and try this test again. If same thing occurs, try once more, make sure to use a different usb brand cable each time....

Thanks for sharing that cable/controller troubleshooting tip that is very helpful. :smile0517:
German cookie warning at download site... still get a kick out of this

Wir verwenden Cookies, damit Sie die Funktionen unserer Website optimal nutzen können. - I say the first part a lot... :smile0517:
Hyphen-
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby xb1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:38 pm

Sillyasskid wrote:This is my normal set up
Titan Two(3)w/ Bluetooth Module > Xbox One X.

Both Titan Two(2) and Titan Two(3) are connected to separate outputs on the Xbox One X, but they are merged to act as one input using the Xbox One co-pilot feature.

I do have another power supply, but neither of my Titan Two(1) or Titan Two(3) in my setup need it. So I don't bother using it.

I use a normal Xbox One controller with the Apex, that authenticates the Titan Two(2) in my setup.
I also use another Xbox One controller with the Titan Two(3) however, I only plug it in once to authenticate, after which I unplug it, and connect back via bluetooth.

this sounds really cool
since i have the same hardware, but don't understand how to set it up or the benefits,
could you elaborate on the advantages and dumb it down for me what the Human Interface Device (HID) capabilities are, along with co-pilot?
xb1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Previous

Return to Titan Two Device