Titan Two not recognized as a Logitech G29 wheel on PC

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan Two not recognized as a Logitech G29 wheel on PC

Postby jakeus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:43 pm

I've set output protocol as USB Logitech Steering Wheel.

Then when it's connected to the PC, Windows detects it as a regular game controller:

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (81.06 KiB) Viewed 369 times

Everything is ok so far, as Logitech software needs to be installed for the wheel to work properly.

However, after installing Logitech Game Software (LGS), it's not recognizable anymore by Windows as any kind of game controller.

I've repeated the process two times:

First with Titan Two connected during LGS installation, and second with Titan Two disconnected.

In both tries, after installing LGS and restarting the computer, Titan Two isn't recognizable as a controller anymore.

Device manager shows no errors.
jakeus
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Titan Two not recognized as a Logitech G29 wheel on PC

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:18 pm

The "USB Logitech Steering Wheel" output protocol was designed for the PS4 as G29 and to be extended to XB1 as G920. I have not tested on PC with Logitech drivers, but possible the drivers are making HID requests that are not supported by the Titan Two.

Try uninstall the drivers to check if the device is recognized again.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby jakeus » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:12 pm

J2Kbr wrote:The "USB Logitech Steering Wheel" output protocol was designed for the PS4 as G29 and to be extended to XB1 as G920. I have not tested on PC with Logitech drivers, but possible the drivers are making HID requests that are not supported by the Titan Two.

Try uninstall the drivers to check if the device is recognized again.

Thanks for your reply.

Uninstalling the drivers makes the device to be recognized as a game controller again, but I expected it to be recognized as a wheel, on PC.

The real G29 wheel works in PS3, PS4, and PC: it has a switch, where you can select if it will be used on PS3, or PS4/PC:

DSC03145.jpg
DSC03145.jpg (64.76 KiB) Viewed 344 times

Once the physical wheel works both in PS4 and PC when it's set to PS4 mode, I thought Titan Two would work in that same way.

Do you have any plans to make "USB Logitech Steering Wheel" protocol also PC-compatible?
jakeus
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:03 am

jakeus wrote:Do you have any plans to make "USB Logitech Steering Wheel" protocol also PC-compatible?

Initially this was not on the plans, however I added to my to do list. This implementation shouldn't be hard or time demanding. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby jakeus » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:44 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
jakeus wrote:Do you have any plans to make "USB Logitech Steering Wheel" protocol also PC-compatible?

Initially this was not on the plans, however I added to my to do list. This implementation shouldn't be hard or time demanding. :smile0517:

Wow, really looking for that!

Will keep checking for firmware updates all the time now... :innocent_smile_1:
jakeus
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Titan Two Device