T2 not responding to controller

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: T2 not responding to controller

Postby Hyphen- » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:25 pm

bonefisher wrote:When adding scripts into online resources there are two methods to upload one is you can release it as downloadable for the user to see code or send it in byte code where interactive configuration is only way you can adjust setting and activate code that the author has made private.

That seems to be where I am having the problem. The T2 will not accept those game packs that are private only and when I load a game pack that is not private after I download it by the script the T2 accepts the script and the configure file does show up and I can configure those scripts. It may be a problem with the T2 on board memory then. Because doing it the download way the configure file disappears when reopening the program after closing. This may be a directory and save issue but i am still learning this device and its interface. Do you think I should return it for a new one?
German cookie warning at download site... still get a kick out of this

Wir verwenden Cookies, damit Sie die Funktionen unserer Website optimal nutzen können. - I say the first part a lot... :smile0517:
Hyphen-
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Hyphen- » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:31 pm

I am on a short window with amazon for a return and I don't want to own this one if it is an on board issue. I will buy another one at least i want to at this point it really has potential but if all the scripts advertised cannot be accessed by the T2 I have no choice right?

Wir verwenden Cookies, damit Sie die Funktionen unserer Website optimal nutzen können. - I say the first part a lot... :smile0517:
Hyphen-
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Scachi » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:38 pm

I don't think the T2 hardware is the problem.
Every script you install manually/open source script - gets compiled to bytecode when installing it.
So the result should be the same -> bytecode on the T2.

It might be a problem with the qt lib that got updated to "Qt framework updated to 5.12.0" on the last release that may only cause problems on some machines..no idea..

Here is a really old gtuner version for download for you, don't update it..just try if drag&drop works with this version for you and tell me when you downloaded it so I can remove it again to no cause any trouble:
https://www.file-upload.net/download-13 ... 6.zip.html

Unpack the archive and then run it, do not start gtuner.exe from inside the zip file !
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Hyphen- » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:42 pm

bonefisher wrote:Also did you sign in? Go tools> preferences >Console Tuner.

@bonefisher Yes, The name and password have been entered. I am registered. I have looked around and nothing says you are logged in that I have found yet.

Hyphen-
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Hyphen- » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:49 pm

Scachi wrote:I don't think the T2 hardware is the problem.
Every script you install manually/open source script - gets compiled to bytecode when installing it.

It might be a problem with the qt lib that got updated to "Qt framework updated to 5.12.0" on the last release that may only cause problems on some machines..no idea..

Here is a really old gtuner version for download for you, don't update it..just try if drag&drop works with this version for you and tell me when you downloaded it so I can remove it again to no cause any trouble:

Unpack the archive and then run it, do not start gtuner.exe from inside the zip file !

I have downloaded it... the German warning for cookies says it all with out translation :wink:
Wir verwenden Cookies, damit Sie die Funktionen unserer Website optimal nutzen können.

Hyphen-
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Hyphen- » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:15 pm

Hyphen- wrote:

I have downloaded it... the German warning for cookies says it all with out translation :wink:
Wir verwenden Cookies, damit Sie die Funktionen unserer Website optimal nutzen können.

Yes, this version allows the drag and drop... this file goes in "The Vault" :smile0517:

So what happen now when this happens.. we can't call it fixed but nice call :smile0517:

Thanks for your input... :unsure:

Hyphen-
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby bonefisher » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:22 pm

Hyphen- wrote:
bonefisher wrote:Also did you sign in? Go tools> preferences >Console Tuner.

@bonefisher Yes, The name and password have been entered. I am registered. I have looked around and nothing says you are logged in that I have found yet.

This brings up online resources, help tab take direct to forum or reference language and also when you start building scripts stamps your name up top! Plus logs your Titan in!
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Hyphen- » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Good to know there is obviously some very good design features very intuitively done it shows some skill and has an artistic feel to it.. ya I think that is why I like it.

Hyphen-
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Scachi » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:46 pm

Hyphen- wrote:
Hyphen- wrote:

Yes, this version allows the drag and drop... this file goes in "The Vault" :smile0517:

So what happen now when this happens.. we can't call it fixed but nice call :smile0517:

Thanks for your input... :unsure:

Did you run the newest version from the official download page extracted too or did you run the gtuner.exe from inside the zip ?
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Hyphen- » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:58 pm

No I do not run executables from within a zip ever ... except that one time years ago. I hope this helps. Thanks :smile0517:

I have downloaded twice and reinstalled twice to make sure it was the latest without updating... fresh install... old folders removed or renamed... so the .exe that is used is in the extracted folder. I hope this helps. Thanks

Hyphen-
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device