New T2 unresponsive

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

New T2 unresponsive

Postby rc419 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:43 am

I grabbed a script from bonefisher after plugging in, updating the T2 and added the public PUBG gamepack to it. I plugged it into the XBOX with my XB1 controller connected, entered a training match and tried to use slot 1 and slot 2 for either of the desired settings and nothing was changed from not even using the T2. I unplugged it, hooked it back to the PC and noticed that everything was still loaded as I previously set. I then plugged it back into the XB1 and no lights on the T2. The prog light gives a quick little flicker of red light, but no display, etc.. I have tried multiple cables, ports, etc. The PC doesn't recognize it, GTuner doesn't recognize it. I'm at a loss. Brand new out of the box 2 minutes of use and it's not working. I don't know if I should file a claim with Amazon or wait for a response from here.
rc419
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: New T2 unresponsive

Postby antithesis » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:37 am

Wait for a response from J2Kbr, but I suspect it may be power-related. What do you have connected to the T2?

A console is only capable of supplying 5V on a USB port, so you may need to inject more into the setup.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Sillyasskid » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:55 am

Sorry to hear about this :icon_frown: ,

To help rule out this is not a usb cable related issue, can you try the following.

With your Titan 2 supplied USB cable, Try connecting your Xbox One Controller directly to you PC (Make sure to remove any batteries from the controller).

And what happens to your controller when you first connect it to your PC,
Does the Xbox One Controller power on automatically? If Yes

Does the Xbox Button on the controller turn on and off like its trying to connect to a device that it was previously connected to?
Does the Xbox Button on the controller, instantly turn on and stay on?.
Does the Xbox button Flash a few times and then stay on?.

Does your PC recognize the Xbox One Controller?

Lastly does wiggling the cable cause the Xbox Controller to disconnect at all?

Once you have done this test with the Titan 2 supplied USB cable, could you preform the test again, this time using different USB cable,
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby rc419 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:48 am

I was using the supplied USB cable when all of this went down. I went on to use the same controller directly connected to the XBOX wired and wireless with the T2 supplied cable and others I attempted to use with the T2. The port is tight and no disconnections. There is nothing wrong with the controller, cables, PC or XBOX. I do not have the BT module so the USB cable supplies enough power to operate. Even if that was an issue the T2 should power on with nothing connected to it other than the supplied USB cable to either the PROG or the OUTPUT port.
rc419
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby bonefisher » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:14 am

Try holding both buttons on the Titan 2 for 4 seconds to see if you get a P on the led screen and only have it plugged in prog to pc. If you get this go in the Gtuner hit tools to get update to click to reinstall to see if it clears everything!
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Sillyasskid » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:02 am

rc419 wrote:I went on to use the same controller directly connected to the XBOX wired and wireless with the T2 supplied cable and others I attempted to use with the T2. The port is tight and no disconnections. There is nothing wrong with the controller, cables, PC or XBOX.

Sorry if I was not clear the first time,

However. the steps I provided were not to meant to determine if your PC, Xbox, Xbox Controller, or T2 were faulty the steps were to help see if the usb cable/s that you were using were faulty.

Could you please try the steps I provided above again.

Please preform these steps with the Xbox Controller connected to your PC . Not your Xbox.
This is just counter intuitive, Because your controller automatically syncs wirelessly to the Xbox One when you connect it directly with a USB cable,

If your cable is having issues transferring data. Then the console will just provide power to the controller only, and remain connected via wireless. This will give you the impression that there is nothing wrong with your cable, because its not disconnecting.

This is why I had asked you to preform the above mention steps in my first post on the PC.

When the controller is connected to the PC it does not sync wirelessly. Which means it has to rely solely on a direct usb connection.

This test is simply to see if the usb cable is any good.

Also, You are asking for help/support, but we can only go by your words, It may be more helpful if you could upload a video showing how the device is acting when you plug it in,
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby rc419 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:59 am

I posted on my original thread asking for help. J2 responded some time during the night. Pressing and holding the 2 buttons and then connecting it to the PC allowed me to flash it again. It appears the firmware installed was borked. Now what sucks is I work from 8a-5p. LOL
Attachments
2018-12-13_6-55-22.jpg
2018-12-13_6-55-22.jpg (94.77 KiB) Viewed 438 times
rc419
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:33 pm

Very happy reflashing the firmware fixed the issue. :) Thank you for keeping this post updated.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby antithesis » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:55 pm

Glad you're back on track. It's very hard to brick a Titan and the failure rate is extremely low, so It's good to see you waited for support rather than return it :)
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby rc419 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:36 pm

antithesis wrote:Glad you're back on track. It's very hard to brick a Titan and the failure rate is extremely low, so It's good to see you waited for support rather than return it :)

Yeah, I'm a pretty patient guy. Now I just need to figure out how to turn the features on for bonefisher's pack.
rc419
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Titan Two Device