External Sensor Support

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

External Sensor Support

Postby USER101 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:10 pm

Does the T2 support arduino sensor modules directly through the board input or indirectly through an uno with the module installed pushing data through the USB port? If so, is there any documentation on that. If not, is it possible to support something like that in the future? I envision audio or visual triggers. Something like this could take your device to the next level and possibly be game changing. I would love to hear your input on this concept. Here are some of the sensors that I am referring to.

WINGONEER TCS230 TCS3200 Detector Module GY-31 Color Recognition Sensor for Arduino https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHL79SQ/re ... fCbG2TD8KZ

kuman K5-USFor Arduino Raspberry pi Sensor kit, 37 in 1 Robot Projects Starter Kits with Tutorials for Arduino Uno RPi 3 2 Model B B+ K5 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016D5L5KE/re ... fCbWQDDG0W

Thanks
Jess
USER101
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: External Sensor Support

Postby Scachi » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:00 am

Not sure what you are trying to do...I don't think that reading sensors is something the T2 should handle on its own as it is supposed to read game controller/keyboard/mouse.

You should be fine connection those modules to a teensy or something similar and use those boards to control/read the sensors, translate them to button/stick/keyboard/hid events that the T2 can handle.

I have been using a teensy 3.2 board and an arduino feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE to read the state of push buttons and output them as gamepad/keyboard controls that the T2 is able to handle.
Output from a single device as gamepad and keyboard it recognized on the titan two correctly even when changing the configuration of my controller on the fly via the configuration mode/menu of my controller.
The source code and details are available on thingiverse, links are in my signature.

When the T2 api gets released we might be able to use that via an arduino to do more complex stuff with the T2.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:34 am

Scachi wrote:You should be fine connection those modules to a teensy or something similar and use those boards to control/read the sensors, translate them to button/stick/keyboard/hid events that the T2 can handle.

+1 -- the USB HID library for these development boards works with the Titan Two. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Scachi » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:43 am

J2Kbr wrote:
Scachi wrote:You should be fine connection those modules to a teensy or something similar and use those boards to control/read the sensors, translate them to button/stick/keyboard/hid events that the T2 can handle.

+1 -- the USB HID library for these development boards works with the Titan Two. :smile0517:

Still waiting for the BLE HID support to use my controller wireless :innocent_smile_1:
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby USER101 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:05 am

Perfect Thanks.
USER101
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Titan Two Device