xbox 1x controller disconnecting on xbox 1x

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

xbox 1x controller disconnecting on xbox 1x

Postby xb1 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:05 pm

Playing fortnite on xb1x w xbx1x controller in T2 input A or B, I experience frequent disconnects requiring me to unplug and plug back in the controller.

This occurs even with the titan 2 on 0 setting (no active script) or no script loaded on the device at all.
I'm using the official connection kit usb data cables, and have a 7.5V 2000mA power supply. The disconnects happen with or without power, even with only the titan 2 and new xb1x controller or original xb1 controller {wired into Input A}. Disconnects happen in game (fortnite) or simply on XB1X home screen.

To trouble shoot and discover if the usb cables or controllers are at fault, I tested the controller alone connected by cable, as well as the controller, KB+M into xim apex hub into xim apex into xbox 1x console. These setups tested all worked for hours with no disconnects or re-authentications needed.

I am using the newest firmware updated December 14th and the newest gtuner software updated Dec. 13.

My situation is very similar to the thread posted by IamEgo on Nov. 22
In my case, I have tried two separate Titan Two (one from amazon new, one from eBay gently used) and still have the same issue. Output protocol on usb automatic or usb xbox1 doesn't make a difference. FFB disabled on all ports and in game, controller, and xbox system settings.
Last edited by xb1 on Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xb1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: xbox 1x controller disconnecting on xbox 1x

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:47 pm

xb1 wrote:even with only the titan 2 and new xb1x controller or original xb1 controller.

Please clarify: also means with the controller wired to the Titan Two (without the wireless adapter)? Thank you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby xb1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:55 pm

Titan two plugged into xb1x with connection kit cable
XB1X or original XB1 controller plugged into titan two Input A with connection kit cable

with or without 7.5V 2A power supply, and with or without script loaded

the titan 2 flashes red quickly then back to green
and I get a Controller Not Connected message very often

Have to unplug and plug back in controller to reauthenticate every couple minutes

(By the way the same problem happens across THREE titan 2 devices, one factory direct, another amazon and eBay; and happens on XB1X or original XB1 console)

**I do have a bluetooth expansion kit arriving today from amazon
xb1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:53 am

Thank you for the clarifications. While back I remember couple users reporting the Titan Two not working properly in one is USB ports of XB1X (can't remember which one, but I think is the back ones). Please try the Titan Two on other USB ports of your XB1X to check if solves the disconnection issue.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby xb1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:43 pm

I’ve tried all three USB ports on xbox1
I’ve gone through three T2s, three connection kits, one expansion kit, 2 xim apexes, and 2 brand new Xbox one controllers, and 7.5v 2A power supply

Firmware updated yesterday to 0.98.1.76
I tried sillyasskids troubleshooting to identify if connection kit cables were at fault, but they work on pc and Mac with Gtuner IV device monitor registering inputs

Could it be that because the T2s are from amazon and eBay, and they have the wrong/backwards arrows for cycling through scripts that they are part of a poor quality control batch?

My settings are 1000Hz, usb Xbox one protocol or is. Automatic, all LEDs disabled, and disconnect problem happens without scripts loaded. It also happens in game and even just at Xbox home screen menu—even without an on screen prompt I know the problem happens out of game because the T2 flickers from output and inputA green to red quickly back to green, and then I have to replay in the controller to reaunthenticate in order to navigate menus
xb1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:25 pm

xb1 wrote:Could it be that because the T2s are from amazon and eBay, and they have the wrong/backwards arrows for cycling through scripts that they are part of a poor quality control batch?

The manufacture of the plastic enclosure is not the same of the PCBA (circuit). All PCBAs are fully tested before assembly.

With the latest Gtuner IV and device firmware is possible to check the reason of last reset of the Titan Two, example:

Connect: TITAN TWO ELITE connected (Power-on)

In this case the reason was "Power-on".

Please keep the Titan Two also connected on computer with Gtuner IV opened and when the issue happens, check if a new connect message is logged and -if yes- what is the reason reported.

Thank you
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby xb1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:45 pm

Running 1.0.2.85 (12/17/18)
and 0.98.1.77 (12/18/18)

Device Selector: added 1 device(s), total of 1 device(s) detected
Connect: TITAN TWO [E936FFFF4F1C0E593953343638362020FF07019A] connected (Power-on)

*disconnect/controller re-authenticate happens*

nothing new in output panel
xb1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:02 am

thank you, this means the device is not resetting (which could be cause for low power issue or bad cable).

So, the go further and check if the disconnection happens with the wireless adapter (controller) or with the console. While using the Titan Two please keep a second controller at input-B and when the disconnection happens check:

1) does the console shown a message of controllers disconnected?
2) if no, the second controller can still be used to control the console?

Thank you.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan Two Device