PS4 + G29 for unsupported games

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

PS4 + G29 for unsupported games

Postby UK_Wildcats » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:59 pm

I bought the Logitech G29 for Project Cars 2 on PS4. The kids wanted an easier racing game, so I downloaded Disney's Cars 3 for the kids assuming that the G29 steering wheel would work with Cars 3. Unfortunately, that assumption is not correct. The game keeps asking for a wireless controller and won't work. I am using the latest Gtuner and firmware and have the Micro SD card installed along with using "configure". I tried using the G29 in Input A and DS4 in Input B but it still won't work. Some buttons work but not the steering wheel?

Is there a way to use the G29 with the T2 so the game thinks it is a regular DS4? I understand that I won't get FFB but I just want to use the wheel and petals for Cars 3 (or any future unsupported games).
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: PS4 + G29 for unsupported games

Postby Scachi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:04 pm

I have no experience with racing wheels..but there is a specific "Output Protocol" for logitech racing wheels (in Device Configuration Tab).
Don't know what happens when you have this procotol set to automatic or racing wheels, if it is always using the Logitech Wheel protocol in this case.
Did you try to set the protocol to "USB PS4" and test if the wheel works in this case with all inputs (you may need to map them via an Input Translator).
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby UK_Wildcats » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:37 pm

Yes, I tried USB PS4 but it was the same outcome.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:14 am

What you a trying to accomplish is possible with the Titan Two. The output protocol should be set to Automatic ow USB PS4.

After that, with the Titan Two connected to computer. Go to the device monitor to check the wheels inputs. Take notes of the current button mapping and the one you need to reconfigure. Then create a Input Translator with the mapping you need for the game. you may also need adjust the wheel responsiveness with a Script to remove the resting position deadzone and/or adjusting the sensitivity, example:

Code: Select all
#define RESTING_DEADZONE        20.0
#define WHEEL_RESTING_VALUE     0.70
#define WHEEL_SENSITIVITY       3.0

main {
    fix32 wheel_value = get_actual(STICK_2_X) + WHEEL_RESTING_VALUE;
    fix32 direction = (wheel_value >= 0.0) ? 1.0 : -1.0;
    wheel_value = abs(wheel_value);
    if(wheel_value > 2.0) {
        wheel_value *= WHEEL_SENSITIVITY;
        wheel_value += RESTING_DEADZONE;
        set_val(STICK_2_X, clamp(wheel_value, 0.0, 100.0) * direction);
    }
}
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby glenntidbury » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 pm

Another thing to mention is that you may need to update the t2 firmware and also press the "configure sd card" button if you haven't done that in a while. G29 support was added a while ago, but did require an update.
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Titan Two Device