Issues since the last couple of updates

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Issues since the last couple of updates

Postby glenntidbury » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi,

I've been having a few issues since the last couple of updates.

When I try to use my dual flight stick setup, sometimes the sticks are not recognised correctly.

This happens even without any script or input translators active.

What is happening is that, sometimes, the left stick is recognised as the left stick... sometimes it's recognised as the right stick. Unplugging and replugging the t2 output cable... sometimes fixes it, other times it makes no difference.

It seems like it's totally random as to whether or not it's correctly recognised.

When it's switched to the wrong stick, the twist control is also recognised as the left stick y axis..... where it should not be active at all, because neither stick is plugged into port a (Which a ds4 is connected to). Also if I do have an input translator active, it's not being applied.....

I have ds4 in port a, left stick in port b (input translator active), right stick in port d.

I've tried with many options enabled or disabled (remember last slot, force full speed, disable joystick, etc. I've tried with and without ffb enabled. I've tried auto vs ps4 USB protocol.

It just seems random.

Weird though that sometimes it will work right away.... other times, I can disconnect and reconnect 20 to 30 times before it is fixed.

I also tried putting the unit into prog mode and updating the firmware again and configuring sd card.

Still no joy.

Any ideas?
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Issues since the last couple of updates

Postby glenntidbury » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:04 pm

Oh man... as soon as I post this...I find a much quicker fix...

I just pull the left stick from port b, put it back in straight away and everything fine.

Still very weird that it's not working correctly on boot..... has something changed in the way the t2 boots up?

I'm now thinking I might be able to 'fix' this in script by disconnecting all ports and then reconnecting them in order?
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:54 am

Other user also reported similar issue. I am investigating.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby glenntidbury » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:48 pm

Cheers.

I did try also using the usb power off then usb power on codes in script.... But this didn't fix it. Unplugging the stick from port b and then plugging it back in fixes it every time in my case. So that's the workaround for now :)
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby glenntidbury » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:06 am

any further update on this at all?

I've got the latest updates, configured sd cards etc, but I'm still finding that sometimes the left stick (input USB-B) is not recognised correctly....and the input translator is not being applied....meaning that I end up with 2 right sticks....also when this happens, it seems like something is happening with the priority...as normally, only the device plugged into port a has EVERYTHING mapped and working....e.g. the mini throttle and twist controls of the flight stick in port b do not respond if there's a controller in port a.....but when the error occurs....the controller in port a still functions completly....but the stick twist input also is working from port b.

Just very strange behaviour when this fault occurs.

I can reset it by unplugging and replugging the t2 to the console/pc....and just keep doing that until the controllers are responding correctly.

I've tried with and without all the viarious options, ffb, power off, remember slot, etc etc.

I've tried on 2 different t2 devices, and I've tried it with and without the bluetooth module connected.

Same results....sometimes it's correct, sometimes it's faulty.

It's not a huge problem, because once I get it going....it continues to work. So it's not like it'll drop out mid game or anything....but it's just odd that on boot, sometimes the controllers are recognised correctly, sometimes they're not.
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:34 am

glenntidbury wrote:I can reset it by unplugging and replugging the t2 to the console/pc....and just keep doing that until the controllers are responding correctly.

This is the only way to get the sticks function correctly? By just unplug and plugging from Input-A or Input-B fix the issue? or by just reloading the script?
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby glenntidbury » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:36 am

Exactly.

Reloading script or switching slots doesn't work, and unplugging and unplugging specific ports will only sometimes work.... other times out creates more problems, such as the output port turning red and other lights turning off or going red.

Unplugging the t2 doesn't give those errors and will usually fix everything when you plug it back in.... but sometimes it takes a few tries.

But once you have things correctly working, it will stay working until it's unplugged.... and you then have a 50/50 chance of getting it working each time you plug it back in.
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:37 pm

To help narrow down the possible causes, please try the following.

1) Connect the Titan Two to the console with no controller plugged to it.
2) Then plug each controller in sequence, waiting the green light before connect the next. Start with the PS4 controller.

Please let me know if doing this way works all time, or still sometimes give the described issue.

Thank you.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby glenntidbury » Wed May 01, 2019 6:37 pm

Hi,

Sorry I've been a tad busy lately....just got round to testing this.

Just tested, and as long as I boot the T2 with NOTHING connected, it works fine. I can then connect things in any order, and as many or as few as I like.

If I boot up with ANYTHING connected, then there's a 50/50 chance of it booting with the error on usb port B (left handed stick). This occurs even if that's the only thing connected on boot.

I tested probably around 20 times booting up with nothing connected, then plugging in port b only, and it works flawlessly. Tested around 10 times with connecting first port a, then port b....fine....and around 10 times first port b then port a...also fine.

But with even only port b connected, half the time it boots ok, half the time not, but unplugging the t2 and replugging will usually fix it.

Cheers,
Glenn
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Titan Two Device