ASTRO C40 WIRED AND WIRELESS DESCRIPTORS

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: ASTRO C40 WIRED AND WIRELESS DESCRIPTORS

Postby jameswoo » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:30 am

All buttons including touchpad work as expected.

All motion sensors (Accels and Gyros) work too.

J2Kbr wrote:Thank you. Just one last question.

With the Titan Two connected to the computer and only the Astro C40 at Input-A (without connection with PS4 console). Does all buttons works as expect in the Device Monitor? (including touchpad and motion sensors)
jameswoo
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Raptor_Titan2 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:14 pm

jameswoo wrote:All buttons including touchpad work as expected.

With the Titan Two connected to the computer and only the Astro C40 at Input-A (without connection with PS4 console). Does all buttons works as expect in the Device Monitor? (including touchpad and motion sensors)

Have you noticed the touchpad not fully working when playing a game? It's like it has to be pressed in a certain spot in the middle.
Raptor_Titan2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby jameswoo » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:12 pm

I just press the touchpad like I normally would in Black Ops 4 calling up the scoreboard, never noticed missing a press...

Raptor wrote:
jameswoo wrote:All buttons including touchpad work as expected.

Have you noticed the touchpad not fully working when playing a game? It's like it has to be pressed in a certain spot in the middle.
jameswoo
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby jameswoo » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Thanks for your tip! I used this method to connect and played for a few hours, put my PS4 to sleep and wake it up again to play and it works fine!

Raptor wrote:Well I just turned on my ps4 and astro is working right away but its in USB-A and ds4 is in USB-b
jameswoo
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby UK_Wildcats » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:56 pm

I have a DS4 Battle Beaver Custom controller, which I love. I am curious about the C40 ergonomics. How do you like the C40 compared to the normal DS4?
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby jameswoo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:46 pm

Things I like:

Can swap left stick to be above d pad
Can swap stick to a longer one, a longer right stick for use with shooters
Size is bigger than dual shock 4 but still comfortable to hold for long periods

Don’t like:

Sometimes when I push the left stick fully forward to run in Black Ops 4 it is not immediately responsive and my character would not start to run instantly. Not sure why. My right stick is fine and responsive. I will try swapping the two sticks?
Too heavy, I have no use for rumble and wireless

UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:I have a DS4 Battle Beaver Custom controller, which I love. I am curious about the C40 ergonomics. How do you like the C40 compared to the normal DS4?
jameswoo
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Raptor_Titan2 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:47 am

jameswoo wrote:Things I like:

Can swap left stick to be above d pad
Can swap stick to a longer one, a longer right stick for use with shooters
Size is bigger than dual shock 4 but still comfortable to hold for long periods

Don’t like:

Sometimes when I push the left stick fully forward to run in Black Ops 4 it is not immediately responsive and my character would not start to run instantly. Not sure why. My right stick is fine and responsive. I will try swapping the two sticks?
Too heavy, I have no use for rumble and wireless

UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:I have a DS4 Battle Beaver Custom controller, which I love. I am curious about the C40 ergonomics. How do you like the C40 compared to the normal DS4?

Try holding remapping button until it vibrates 2 times back to back. This resets the controller. I've seen a YouTube video saying the controller will have stick drift or similar issues when you swap the modules. It's said you have to reset the controller when you swap the modules. I haven't had any issues with sticks yet but I've been playing the division 2. I have a touch pad problem only when using with titan 2. I have press touchpad with both thumbs hard to get it to work with titan 2. Sometimes I have to press multiple time for it to work.

UK_Wildcats_Fans
I like the controller. It's big and heavy. For me I like that. I have big hands. Big enough hands to Palm/hold a basketball with one hand. A ds4 feels small to me. Ergonomic's for me is great. But there are many cons with this controller.
1. Warranty is 6 months from astro for controller and 3 months for anolog stick modules.
2. You have to turn on ps4 manually not with controller.
3. Removable thumbsticks have plastic inserts that snap on to joysticks vs Xbox elite is all metal that's magnetic. Plastic creates a situation if swapped a lot it will wear down and destroy itself as in it won't snap on anylonger.
4. Stick drift issues if you swap the modules. It's reported. But it's also reported its fixable.
5. We are near end of ps4 life cycle. Meaning who knows if it will be compatible with ps5. Though us Titan users know it most likely will be with a titan 2. Well hopefully.

Things I love.

1. Fits great in my bigger hands.
2. Back buttons feel supreme/ perfect.
3. Triggers feel great.
4. Has great trigger stops.
5. Has good grippy feel
6. Software is good
7. Removable stick modules. If they break you can buy fix yourself with ease.
You can also play with offset layout like Xbox joysticks which I do.

I suggest if you do buy and plan on using for a long time but from bestbuy and purchase the 2 year total replacement warranty for an extra $40 usd. As astro is only 6 months. And it's their first controller. Better to be safe than sorry.
Raptor_Titan2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Raptor_Titan2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:00 am

I figured out my touchpad problem was a battlefield v gamepack issue. I was using that for rapid fire. For some weird reason it was messing up my touchpad. I don't know why.
Raptor_Titan2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby battlelog » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:34 pm

Hey wild cat

I returned mine man, it's a Ok controller, but for $200 bucks not worth it in my opinion. All the swapping stuff out is cool, but man I did not like how it just felt in my hands, plus sometimes the left stick would drift ( Known issue).

Also the software is really cool but you really have to know what you are doing, with the stick adjustments you will need to change in astro software and in game settings, again from my experience, it was to much stuff to mess with.

Try it out man, they have them at bestbuy just make sure to return it before the 15 days they give you. When I returned mine they had 6 of them behind the bestbuy rep, he even mentioned that all those were returns.

I know astro is coming out with a new A40 tr headset and tr mixamp, will try those out, all ready pre-ordered mine. Will see how those are.
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby jameswoo » Thu May 02, 2019 3:32 am

Thanks Wildcats and battlelog for the tips. I am getting a DS4 Battle Beaver Custom controller and the new A40 tr headset and tr mixamp too :)

The thumbstick tension on the Astro C40 is too loose, looser than the stock DS4 and I over aim too often. Back to my Scuf Impact for now.
jameswoo
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device