Gtuner Air: the smartphone/tablet App for the Titan Two

Gtuner Air Mobile App general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: Gtuner Air: the smartphone/tablet App for the Titan Two

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:58 pm

pablosscripts wrote:J2kbr, would it be possible to program it so we can send vibrations / notifications to our phone?

Alternatively to this, what I am considering to implement is something using the Speech Synthesizer API (available on iOS and Android). The idea is use the printf() function to send some text to Gtuner Air which then will "speech" the text on the phone/tablet. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:01 pm

Squidward wrote:Awesome! Any ETA for the Android release? I'm pretty excited!

It will not take longer. The framework utilized by Gtuner Air is multi-platform, so I expect to be needed just few adjustments to get it running on Android. The plan is release for Android on the next update.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:20 pm

Thank you pablo for your comprehensive feedback and comments. Truly appreciated.

I will reply some of your questions, while the suggestions/improvements please add to the GitHub (Gtuner Air):

https://github.com/J2Kbr/GtunerAir/issues

pablosscripts wrote:1) When you rename a script, an empty row appears at the top: https://i.imgur.com/pFaFL1n.png

The "Downloaded Files" row is always present (we can work to hide it if empty). Is in this row where the user can combine Gamepacks/Scripts with Input Translators. Anything downloaded is first stored there. The idea is offer an easy way to test the available scripts and/or Translators, as well as combining these both. When happy with the result, save for future use.

pablosscripts wrote:5) Why isn't it possible to load a script into the first 3 slots (built in memory)? Not that I really need this, but I'm just curious.

The available space for Input Translators in the internal memory is limited in 170 bytes each. I try keep the Translators I create within this size, however most translators published by users exceeds the 170 bytes. So, to abstract this limitation from regular uses, I decided make the memory slots 1 to 3 not available on Gtuner Air.

pablosscripts wrote:11) The "App Support" link in your App Store listing links to a page that doesn't exist (consoletuner.com.br)

I will be checking this. Thanks.

pablosscripts wrote:12) I think scripts should be auto-saved to your library when you download them. It makes no sense to have to manually save them once downloaded, it's an unnecessary step and it's very confusing. When I first used the app I was confused about why my downloads kept disappearing every time I went to download a new script!

Please see my reply on (1).

pablosscripts wrote:14) You forgot to add "Titan Two" to your App Store meta tags list. Searching for these critical two words doesn't return your app!

I believe to have added "Titan Two, will take a look to check.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:24 pm

Scachi wrote:It lists/finds GBC GPK only..well, okay..it doesn't have an own compiler I think..but I thought submitting my files as sourcecode .gpc will also submit them as .gbc too ? Not having my scripts available now via the app because I share 99% of them as .gpc feels like being punished for being too nice.

Correct, Gtuner Air does not have GPC compiler. What we will be doing is adding an option in the Gtuner IV publishing wizard to include the GBC (bytecode) file when publishing a script source code, so it can also be used with Gtuner Air while still keeping the source code available. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:30 pm

Scachi wrote:
Squidward wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I feel that Gtuner Air needs its own Github so issues can be filed there, rather than all here in the forum. It seems like it would be nearly impossible to track all of the issues you guys are bringing up without missing some, let alone being able to respond to/address each issue individually.

Yes, having a "Gtuner Air" at https://github.com/J2Kbr would help a lot I think.

A GitHub for Gtuner Air was created: :smile0517:

https://github.com/J2Kbr/GtunerAir/issues
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:34 pm

lotec25 wrote:I don't know if this really matters, but it does to me. I noticed you can't have more than on device connected at once. So i have my Ipad connected, but then my Iphone will not connect. I use both, and just grab whatever one is closet to me.

Unfortunately this is not possible. The BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) standard prohibits a peripheral (here the Titan Two) to be connected with multiple hosts (here Gtuner Air) simultaneously. You can disconnect from one of your devices in the menu at the top-right corner before connect with the other.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:37 pm

onegear wrote:How do you pair the app with the titan 2? Only thing I could find in the docs was about pairing with a controller (hold the up button on the titan) which doesn't seem to do anything. What am I missing?

No pairing is needed (the communication utilizes the BLE standard). Assuming your Titan Two is equipped with the Bluetooth module and running the latest firmware, just launch the Gtuner Air and tap the button "connect". :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:43 pm

Scachi wrote:..it looks like it does apply the first time settings correctly only and fails to do changes after that..
I'll do some more testing..

After make any change on the script configurations, tap the button "Load and Run" to update the device with the new configurations. The first time this command is executed all needed to run the script is transferred to the device (bytecode, persistent memory, input translator, macro files). After this initial procedure, only the data that was changed is transferred when tapping "Load and Run", making the process faster.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pablosscripts » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:20 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
pablosscripts wrote:J2kbr, would it be possible to program it so we can send vibrations / notifications to our phone?

Alternatively to this, what I am considering to implement is something using the Speech Synthesizer API (available on iOS and Android). The idea is use the printf() function to send some text to Gtuner Air which then will "speech" the text on the phone/tablet. :smile0517:

THIS IS AMAZING!!!
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:13 am

J2Kbr wrote:
pablosscripts wrote:1) When you rename a script, an empty row appears at the top: https://i.imgur.com/pFaFL1n.png

The "Downloaded Files" row is always present (we can work to hide it if empty). Is in this row where the user can combine Gamepacks/Scripts with Input Translators. Anything downloaded is first stored there. The idea is offer an easy way to test the available scripts and/or Translators, as well as combining these both. When happy with the result, save for future use.

pablosscripts wrote:12) I think scripts should be auto-saved to your library when you download them. It makes no sense to have to manually save them once downloaded, it's an unnecessary step and it's very confusing. When I first used the app I was confused about why my downloads kept disappearing every time I went to download a new script!

Please see my reply on (1).

Yeah I understand the reasoning behind this, but if you look at my and Scachi's initial impressions, we were both really confused! I don't think we will be in the minority about this but I'll be interested to see what others think.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PreviousNext

Return to Gtuner Air Mobile App Support