ASTRO C40 TR + TITAN TWO= not working PS4 ! Help To Connect!

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: ASTRO C40 TR + TITAN TWO= not working PS4 ! Help To Conn

Postby Millerz420 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:50 am

tried all the above and still no luck

these settings were already in use
Millerz420
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Scachi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:53 am

Millerz420 wrote:tried all the above and still no luck

The Astro is a licensed PS4 controller, if the T2 is handling it correctly it should work fine as long as you have set the communication method for the controllers on the PS4 itself to USB, this has to be done even when you are using bluetooth connection between the Titan Two and the controller.
Just to make sure you have this settings...this needs to be done on your PS4 system, not on the Titan Two..did you do that ?

If the T2 isn't displaying "AU", it should show a slot number instead and the input LED is green you can use the Device Monitor in GTuner IV to check if the T2 recognizes Input and forwards Output when you move sticks/press buttons on your Astro C40 TR.

You can have the T2 connected to your PS4 (output) and PC (prog-port) at the same time when you have your PC in reach of your PS4 to check it with the GTuner IV device monitor if some information is shown.
Do not turn on the console via the controller, use the power button , just to avoid that the controller my bypasses the T2 because of powering the console on via controller.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Millerz420 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:54 pm

Scachi wrote:
Millerz420 wrote:tried all the above and still no luck

The Astro is a licensed PS4 controller, if the T2 is handling it correctly it should work fine as long as you have set the communication method for the controllers on the PS4 itself to USB, this has to be done even when you are using bluetooth connection between the Titan Two and the controller.
Just to make sure you have this settings...this needs to be done on your PS4 system, not on the Titan Two..did you do that ?

Yes my settings on PS4 is set to force USB cable use and bluetooth is turned off

If the T2 isn't displaying "AU", it should show a slot number instead and the input LED is green you can use the Device Monitor in GTuner IV to check if the T2 recognizes Input and forwards Output when you move sticks/press buttons on your Astro C40 TR.

No it is not displaying AU....the only thing i notice different is the lightbar that is below the number display is BLUE when the DS4 controller is plugged in but is off when the Astro is plugged in

Keep in mind if i plug this into my PC everything works perfect. I am stumped for sure
Is there anyway to reset the Titan Two back to factory default so i could in theory just start from scratch?

You can have the T2 connected to your PS4 (output) and PC (prog-port) at the same time when you have your PC in reach of your PS4 to check it with the GTuner IV device monitor if some information is shown.
Do not turn on the console via the controller, use the power button , just to avoid that the controller my bypasses the T2 because of powering the console on via controller.
Millerz420
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Scachi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:30 pm

It still is interesting to check if the device monitor shows information when you connect the astro to the T2 in input-A while having the T2 connected to the PS4 and to the PC at the same time:
T2_Output-->PS4
T2 _Prog-->PC
T2_Input-A-->Astro controller

I don't have this controller..but according to the astrogaming website there is a switch for switching between Wired/Wireless Functionality .. what is this set to at the moment, have you tried it with both modes just to see what happens in the device monitor ?

The middle section of the Device monitor should tell you what it is detecting as connected on the ports then.
This is what it display for me when output is connected to ps4 and a default ps4pro controller is connected to Input-A , prog port to pc, moving the left stick to the bottom left is recognized and marked as yellow on the input side and green on the output side.
t2devmon.jpg
t2devmon.jpg (119.76 KiB) Viewed 2263 times

What does it look like on your GTuner IV "Device Monitor"?

I don't know about a reset to default setting, this are my T2 configuration settings:
t2cfg.jpg
t2cfg.jpg (93.77 KiB) Viewed 2263 times
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Millerz420 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:52 pm

Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (2).png (194.17 KiB) Viewed 2260 times
Millerz420
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Millerz420 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:53 pm

Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (3).png (193.48 KiB) Viewed 2260 times
Millerz420
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Millerz420 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:54 pm

both screenshots are with different controllers hooked up.....all looks the same

I am curious why yours says authorized and mine says full pass thru
Millerz420
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Scachi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Millerz420 wrote:both screenshots are with different controllers hooked up.....all looks the same

Which controller was used on the first screenshot ? The PS button, did you press that when taking the screenshot or did it show up without you pressing anything ? Did you press a few buttons to test if the show up correclty ?

Did input also show up during the second test ?

Did you check the Wired/Wireless switch on the astro to what is set to ?

Please add those information to your screenshots as that can help J2kbr a lot to get an idea about your issue and speed up the investigation of it.

I have no idea why yours doesn't show auth.., j2kbr will know if it is okay or if there is a problem.

Did you try your astro on Input-A and a original ps4 controller connected to input-b if it works then correctly when you press buttons on your Astro.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Millerz420 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:06 am

Scachi wrote:
Millerz420 wrote:both screenshots are with different controllers hooked up.....all looks the same

Which controller was used on the first screenshot ?DS4 The PS button, did you press that when taking the screenshot or did it show up without you pressing anything ?yes Did you press a few buttons to test if the show up correclty ?yes i tried but input shows when using the DS4 but nothing shows when using the astro

Did input also show up during the second test ?nothing shows when i press buttons with the astro plugged in

Did you check the Wired/Wireless switch on the astro to what is set to ?i tried switching it on wireless and still does nothing. i switched it back to wired mode and still nothing

Please add those information to your screenshots as that can help J2kbr a lot to get an idea about your issue and speed up the investigation of it.

I have no idea why yours doesn't show auth.., j2kbr will know if it is okay or if there is a problem.

Did you try your astro on Input-A and a original ps4 controller connected to input-b if it works then correctly when you press buttons on your Astro.
yes i tried this as well and then neither controller works when they are both plugged in. for some reason when the astro gets plugged in its like the device t2 freezes
Millerz420
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:23 pm

Millerz420 wrote:yes i tried this as well and then neither controller works when they are both plugged in. for some reason when the astro gets plugged in its like the device t2 freezes

Please capture the USB data traffic of your Astro C40, so we can check if your's is different from the one posted previously on this topic. First be sure to update your Gtuner IV and Titan Two firmware. After that proceed as the following:

1) Unplug all controllers from the Titan Two;
2) Connect the output to the PS4 console;
3) Connect the Prog port to your computer;
4) Open Gtuner IV and go to top menu Tools -> "Fetch Descriptors ...";
5) Plug the Astro C40 to any port at the front of the Titan Two;
6) Wait couple seconds for this window be update with the captured data;
7) Click on the button "Copy Descriptors" and send me.

Thank you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device