T2 using T.16000M FCS on PS4 with Hotas4

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: T2 using T.16000M FCS on PS4 with Hotas4

Postby NO FEAR » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:31 pm

A search for a solution to my issues brought me here. I'm super interested in this for Elite Dangerous as well. I have the T.1600M FCS, I play on PC (VR) and the T-Flight on PS4 Pro. I would really like to use the T.1600M FCS on my PS4 Pro

I've got similar issues with the quality of the T-Flight, I'm already on my 2nd controller and it's starting to act up. I don't want to take it apart to fix it any more or buy another new one. I'm currently using a DS and it's not optimal for my play style.

I would buy a Titan 2 if it can meet my expectations.

Firstly I'm a mechanical design engineer, not a programer or software coder... It will have to be easy to set up. It would have to be mostly plug and play on game sessions. No connection to the PC required to play on the PS4 with the HOTAS after it's set up.

I would need a pre-baked script to load and instructions on how to do this. (instructions on the device use and programming software)

I would like to be able to map buttons using the programming software (instructions on how to do this) With some on the Stick and some on the Throttle. The throttle will need to map as an axis, not a button. It would be nice if the touchpad could be mapped as well (currently the DS uses the 4 corners of the Touchpad as 4 buttons for your game HUD menu select)

Let me finish by saying I know the Elite Dangerous community very well (PC Xbox and PS4, I'm on a first name basis with FDev) If this can happen and it's easy enough I can promote it on the various communities on PC, PS4 and Discord channels.
NO FEAR
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby NO FEAR » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:50 pm

I was wondering if J2Kbr has what he needs and if there is progress on the HOTAS output to console (PS4)

I got a T2, formatted and set up an sd mem card, now just waiting on an OTG micro USB cable shipping.

I have a T-Flight HOTAS for PS4 and the T.1600M FCS
NO FEAR
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:42 am

NO FEAR wrote:I was wondering if J2Kbr has what he needs and if there is progress on the HOTAS output to console (PS4). I got a T2, formatted and set up an sd mem card, now just waiting on an OTG micro USB cable shipping. I have a T-Flight HOTAS for PS4 and the T.1600M FCS

With the latest FW and Gtuner IV is possible to capture the first 2 seconds of data communication between the controller and the console. However, I have not yet received this data from the Hotas4. If possible for you, please proceed as the following:

1) Unplug all controllers from the Titan Two;
2) Connect the output to the console;
3) Connect the Prog port to your computer;
4) Open Gtuner IV and go to top menu Tools -> "Fetch Descriptors ...";
5) Plug the Hotas4 to any port at the front of the Titan Two;
6) Wait couple seconds for this window be update with the captured data;
7) Click on the button "Copy Descriptors" and send to me.

Thank you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby NO FEAR » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:08 am

I sent you a PM with the descriptors data.

It was too big to post here, also added it as a issue on github.
NO FEAR
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Capt moore » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:06 pm

The Xbox one version did not appear to work even with the new update. The ps4 version is also listed in the update, hopefully it will work for your console.
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby NO FEAR » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:23 pm

Capt moore wrote:The Xbox one version did not appear to work even with the new update. The ps4 version is also listed in the update, hopefully it will work for your console.

Partial success but not completely. I can get some buttons remapped with both Joystick and Throttle with the Joystick X/Y axis function. These can then be assigned in the Elite Dangerous Controller options. I can't get any other axis from the throttle to read though.

I can remap them in GtunerIV and get a good .git file in the memory slot but not working on the console.

Just a friendly reminder I'm completely new at this, I've figured out some controller remapping but I don't have a clue about scripts, how any of that might help or be required.

I know I'm limited to what a PS4 controller can do and how a game is designed to accept specific inputs. I'm hoping the files i sent can help.

There are buttons being read by GtunerIV that are the same for both the joystick and throttle.
Trying to select one on the throttle also changes one for the joystick. This creates less than ideal optimization parameters. I don't know if this can be corrected through scripts.
NO FEAR
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Legion » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:29 pm

I hope J2KBR and no fear will let us know if when this is g2g as I’ve yet to get paid and have funds available but will def be purchasing T2 asap
Legion
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Legion » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:43 pm

Would also hope some of the extra buttons on the 16000m could be mapped as button combos
IE in Elite Dangerous dropping flares chaff or deploying a ship launched fighter can be assigned to combinations of buttons like square + L3 for instance
Legion
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Capt moore » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:36 pm

Legion wrote:Would also hope some of the extra buttons on the 16000m could be mapped as button combos
IE in Elite Dangerous dropping flares chaff or deploying a ship launched fighter can be assigned to combinations of buttons like square + L3 for instance

That should be easy with a script. Look at my script for blazing angels 2, I believe the displayzoom on the controller was both left and right shoulder button, I was able to map it to an unused button on my T.Flight Hotas One via scripting, just had a script that said when button x is pushed and held, activate both left and right buttons to 100.

I am going from memory however.
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby NO FEAR » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:10 pm

Legion wrote:I hope J2KBR and no fear will let us know if when this is g2g as I’ve yet to get paid and have funds available but will def be purchasing T2 asap

I'm still not sure the progress. J2KBR hasn't replied since I sent the T-Flight Descriptors.

I'm trying to be patient.

My T-Flight is already acting up again so I may have to go back to a DS4...I don't like playing Elite Dangerous with a DS4.

I don't know how else to get the T1600M to work with the T2 and Elite?

I'll be traveling next week so I won't be able to try anything until I return after the 4th.
NO FEAR
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device