No Luck Getting Titan Two to work

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

No Luck Getting Titan Two to work

Postby MrRogerius » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:58 pm

I bought the Titan Two back in November and after a few days of trying to get it to work both by itself and with my Xim Apex I gave up. Since my Xim takes care of most of my needs I just let the Titan sit in a drawer. I decided to give it a go yesterday so I can use RapidFire in BO4.

Connecting to my PC and programming the Titan works just fine. I updated to the newest firmware and loaded several scripts for me to try. I have a 7.5V power supply and the Input A and Output both show green lights. I can change to the preset number I want and the light under the preset is red. I'm using a Logitech G502 and 810 with RGB turned off.

This is the ways I've tried to connect:

Keyboard/Mouse/DS4 > Powered Hub > Xim > Input A Titan Two > PS4
Mouse and Keyboard do not respond

Mouse > Input A Titan Two > Titan/Keyboard/DS4 > Powered Hub > Xim > PS4
Mouse does not respond

Is there something that I'm missing?
MrRogerius
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: No Luck Getting Titan Two to work

Postby Scachi » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:48 pm

Did you do the first time configuration on your PS4 ?
On PlayStation 4, enable wired communication:
Settings → Devices → Controllers → Communication Method: Use USB Cable.

More information https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... figuration
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby MrRogerius » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:07 am

Yes, Communication method has been USB Cable since November.

I also double checked that the output of the Titan Two is set to USB Playstation 4.

I tried this connection:
Mouse > Input A Titan Two > DS4 > Input B Titan Two > Titan Two/Keyboard > USB Hub > XIM > PS4
Mouse works but controls are all messed up. Keyboard doesn't work.
MrRogerius
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Scachi » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:59 am

There are multiple connection order possibilities with the xim & T2 but I don't know which one is use most at the time as I have no xim.

It depends on what you want to use the T2 for.

When you connect the keyboard or mouse to the T2 + have the output protocol set to PS4 and connected to your xim the xim will not alter the mouse and keyboard inputs as the T2 already translates it into gamepad controls.
You need to create/use an Input Translator to do the mapping on the T2 then..I don't think that you want to do this for the mouse as the apex should handle the mouse translation, right ?

When you want to use rapid fire and /or gamepacks with T2 and Xim
you can keep your mouse and keyboard connected to your apex (the apex will translate the inputs to gamepad then) and connect the xim into your Input-A of the T2, the T2 Output -> into your PS4.
When using scripts on your Titan two make sure to read the scripts/gamepacks information. A red LED below the SLOT number on your T2 hardware could indicate that rapid fire is disabled and you need to enable it first.

You can connect the T2 prog port to your PC at the same time to watch the "Device Monitor" in GTuner IV for activity of buttons and recognized devices. Maybe this helps to spot the problem you have at the moment.

If you have discord you can try to get help a the T1/T2 Discord : https://discord.gg/g6WdNY2
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby antithesis » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:32 am

Does this work when T2 is displaying 0 (no script running) - Keyboard/Mouse/DS4 > Powered Hub > Xim > Input A Titan Two > PS4 ?

That's the most common XIM + T2 setup and should work without issue, assuming it XIM Apex also works by itself and you have your game bindings setup in XIM Manager.

Also ensure your T2 Output Polling Rate matches the XIM Apex Response Rate. I leave mine on Automatic for Output Protocol.

If that works, it'll come down to ensuring the T2 script is passing through all expected input and that all buttons are bound correctly within either a T2 script or an Input Translator (I suspect this is the issue).

Sometimes I need to disconnect / reconnect the Apex from / to the T2 with the PS4 running for the controls to detect properly, so give that a try too.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby MrRogerius » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:38 am

Thanks for the help guys, I was able to get it working.

I connected like this: (as I'd tried before)
Keyboard/Mouse/DS4 > Powered Hub > Xim > Input A Titan Two > PS4

But this time I started with no software loaded (0) and my keyboard and mouse worked for the first time. Then I switched over to the number I choose and everything works perfectly.
MrRogerius
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby antithesis » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:37 am

Glad to hear it Rog.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Titan Two Device