Titan Two not working

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan Two not working

Postby TimidNova » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:45 pm

I just bought the Titan Two and it’s safe to say i’m not having a good experience. No matter what I try (scripts and gamepacks) none of it works. I’ve activated the them through the configuration menu and in-game, but it just doesn't work. I have everything setup properly. PS4 > output > controller. I have it on the right number for the script. I have it on latest firmware. The LED on the Titan Two even lights up like it’s supposed to. Any help?
TimidNova
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Titan Two not working

Postby Scachi » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:30 pm

TimidNova wrote:...
I have everything setup properly. PS4 > output > controller...

As the correct setting on the ps4 is at a different location than you have written please double check that you have this set correctly on the ps4 itself:
On 'your' PlayStation 4 'console', enable wired communication:
Settings → Devices → Controllers → Communication Method: Use USB Cable.

Without this setting scripts will control the T2 led correctly but you will see no effect of the script on the ps4 as the controller will bypass the T2 and talk to the console directly. WIthout this setting the usb cable is used for battery loading/power for the controller only..it still uses bluetooth to talk to the console.

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... figuration
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby TimidNova » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Scachi wrote:
TimidNova wrote:...
I have everything setup properly. PS4 > output > controller...

As the correct setting on the ps4 is at a different location than you have written please double check that you have this set correctly on the ps4 itself:
On 'your' PlayStation 4 'console', enable wired communication:
Settings → Devices → Controllers → Communication Method: Use USB Cable.

Without this setting scripts will control the T2 led correctly but you will see no effect of the script on the ps4 as the controller will bypass the T2 and talk to the console directly. WIthout this setting the usb cable is used for battery loading/power for the controller only..it still uses bluetooth to talk to the console.

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... figuration

I sincerely thank you. You are a god send. I watched so many tutorials on how to set it up, but not once did they mention that you had to enable the wired communication. They just said plug controller in input A on the Titan Two and you’re good.
TimidNova
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Scachi » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:09 pm

I am glad you got it working now. It is mentioned in the manual that came with the T2 (I missed this setting too when I switched from ps4 to ps4 pro). This setting doesn't matter if you are using older ps4 controllers.
This setting is required starting for the controllers where you can see the lightbar through the touchpad (ds4v2). Sony shipped this controller version starting with the pro and slim I think.
The videos may be older or the user created those did use older controllers.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Titan Two Device