Getting E4 error display

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Getting E4 error display

Postby axelo624 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:13 am

I just recently updated the firmware on my T2 which seemed to go just fine but now every time I connect it to my ps4 and then connect it to my ps4 controller it sputters 0 for a few seconds then all the display leds turn red and the main display reads E and 4 (E4). I have no idea what this means please someone help.
axelo624
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Getting E4 error display

Postby Scachi » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:34 am

It could be script related.
Do you have the option set "Device Configuration->'Recall loaded memory slot between power cycles'" ?
Does this happen too on next start of the T2 when you select slot 0 before powering off the T2 ?

This is from a post by J2kbr (found it mentioned here)

E4 is out-of-memory error. Happens when the Titan Two tries allocate memory to store some data and there is no enough memory available.

99% of the time this is caused when the plugged controller is not capable to receive the led/rumble packets (or audio packets) as fast as the packets are generated. The exceeding packets are then cached by the Titan Two to be send when possible. If this situation persists for certain amount of time the memory will be totally filled with cached packets, ending with E4 error.

Now, the most common cause for this are scripts that make wrong use of set_led() and/or set_ffb().
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Getting E4 error display

Postby axelo624 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:47 am

It was my script for some reason after the firmware update it was saying it was undefined so I just essentially “refreshed” by saving it again and that seemed to do the trick! Thanks
axelo624
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Titan Two Device