Force Feedback Glitch Nintendo Switch - Fire Emblem

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Force Feedback Glitch Nintendo Switch - Fire Emblem

Postby ciphray » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:50 pm

A strange glitch that I've only experienced with Fire Emblem Three Houses on the Nintendo Switch

Tested with both an xbox one controller and ps4 controller, with 2 different titan two units, with the nintendo switch USB mode

Generally the game itself will not give force feedback while using the titan two, I can enter another game and the controller will vibrate as it should, it will also vibrate when the controller gets found in the "find controller" menu, and when you toggle controller vibration in the switch's menu.

if while already in the game I toggle the USB Protocol to another such as automatic and then back to Switch USB the controller will continuously vibrate in an odd pattern, with the titan two window showing the force feed back numbers for 1-4 each registering numbers going up then dropping back down to 0. going back to the nintendo home screen at that point the vibration stops and behaves as it should; going into the system menu and changing settings vibrates like normal. Leaving the home screen to return to the game immediately starts vibration in odd patterns again.

using other 3rd party multi controller adapters behave in a similar manner with this game, though that's without the need to toggle modes, they immediately start vibrating as soon as the game starts up, using a 3rd party immitation pro controller doesn't exhibit this behavior and vibration on that works as it should. I believe my titan one also did this, but I don't have it with me to confirm.

force feedback doesn't work at all with the titan two and this game in bluetooth mode so far as i've tested, not even the odd vibration glitch, though it works for every other game and menu.

Not sure if this game just uses some updated protocol or if it's simply a bug
ciphray
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Force Feedback Glitch Nintendo Switch - Fire Emblem

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:10 pm

The Nintendo Switch have what is called of "HD Rumble", whose actuators are completely different from what can be found in the PS4/XB1 controllers. The protocol to control the Switch actuators are quite complex (if compared with PS4/XB1, which just sets the rumble speed). The Titan Two converts the HD Rumble protocol to the PS4/XB1 format in order to give to the player some vibration feedback. Perhaps this game is making some "advanced" use of the HD Rumble, which is not yet understood by the Titan Two to perform the conversion.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan Two Device