Fortnite Detecting T2?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Fortnite Detecting T2?

Postby djxdj » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:53 am

Something strange has happened in Fortnite Battle Royale beginning with the 10.2 patch. (I play on Windows with the Titan 2)

I played the game fine on 10.1, in fact I was playing fine about 20 minutes before they pushed the 10.2 patch.

Patch shows up, I can no longer build.

I build with left-mouse-button and switch materials with right-mouse-button. These map to RT and LT, respectively. Neither of these buttons have any effect in build mode. I have confirmed on my controller settings page that RT & LT are still set correctly.

I also shoot with these buttons when in attack mode. Shooting still works with the Titan 2, so I know the mouse buttons are mapped correctly.

Here's what makes me think Fortnite is detecting it: If I plug the Xbox controller into my PC directly, start the Fortnite game and enter into a game, I can successfully build with RT. Then if I pull the xbox controller from the PC, plug it into the Titan 2, then plug the Titan 2 into the PC, it works correctly for a few seconds and then stops. It's like the game is polling for a Titan 2 every so often and once it's detected it stops letting me build with RT/left-mouse.

I have verified that everything is configured correctly on both the mouse, the Titan 2 and in game. I have tried switching Epic accounts. Nothing helps.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I really hope I'm wrong about this!

Edit: I have uploaded a video demonstrating the problem: https://streamable.com/hhfoe
Last edited by djxdj on Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djxdj
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Fortnite Detecting T2?

Postby DontAtMe » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:15 pm

try this script, my assumption is they are not detecting any analog input from the triggers. This script should remedy that.
Code: Select all
#include <mouse.gph>

const uint8 mmap[]={
  MBUTTON_1, 4,
  MBUTTON_2, 7,
};

init{
  mousemapping(mmap);
}
main  {

fix32 rt, lt;

if(rt < get_actual(4)) rt += 2.5;
  else if(rt > get_actual(4)) rt -= 2.5;

if(lt < get_actual(7)) lt += 2.5;
  else if(lt > get_actual(7)) lt -= 2.5;

set_val(4,rt);
  set_val(7,lt);

}
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby djxdj » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:12 am

Thank you for this, I am using the gamepack. How can I have the script run at the same time?
djxdj
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Mad » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:11 am

djxdj wrote:Thank you for this, I am using the gamepack. How can I have the script run at the same time?

You cannot run them together, but if it works J2Kbr may add it in for you.

Give it a go and report back :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby djxdj » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:29 am

Did not work, unfortunately. The button still has no effect when building. It does work in attack mode though. So the game is receiving the button presses, it's just refusing to go through with the intended action for this one function for some reason.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this issue so I wonder if it's something unique to me. Anyone else play fortnite with a titan 2 and lose the ability to build this week?
djxdj
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:58 am

djxdj wrote:Did not work, unfortunately. The button still has no effect when building. It does work in attack mode though. So the game is receiving the button presses, it's just refusing to go through with the intended action for this one function for some reason.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this issue so I wonder if it's something unique to me. Anyone else play fortnite with a titan 2 and lose the ability to build this week?

I think there are not that many users around that use the T2 to play on PC.

Is your T2 Output protocol set to xb360 ?
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby antithesis » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:12 am

Didn't the patch change the timing of building? I vaguely recall it changing from 5ms to 15ms on PC, then changed back to 5ms. I don't know if it's been hotfixed on PS4, but I suspect this is related to your issue. The combo timing in the Gamepack may be off.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby djxdj » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:21 am

antithesis wrote:Didn't the patch change the timing of building? I vaguely recall it changing from 5ms to 15ms on PC, then changed back to 5ms. I don't know if it's been hotfixed on PS4, but I suspect this is related to your issue. The combo timing in the Gamepack may be off.

Yes it happened exactly with the timing of this patch. Fortnite is definitely getting the RT (BUTTON_5) from the titan 2 (I know this because I can fire a weapon), it's just ignoring it when in build mode.

I _CAN_ build if I'm placing a trap. It will process the RT press properly.

I don't think it's a timing thing with the gamepack. I have removed the gamepack and used just the input translator and the problem remains.

FURTHERMORE, if I start a game with the Titan2 and then plug the controller directly into the PC, I have full control except RT won't build!

If I start the game with just the gamepad and no Titan 2, it works as normal. The second I plug in the Titan 2 it stops processing RT for build even from the gamepad itself.
djxdj
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Entropy512 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:59 pm

djxdj wrote:
antithesis wrote:Didn't the patch change the timing of building? I vaguely recall it changing from 5ms to 15ms on PC, then changed back to 5ms. I don't know if it's been hotfixed on PS4, but I suspect this is related to your issue. The combo timing in the Gamepack may be off.

Yes it happened exactly with the timing of this patch. Fortnite is definitely getting the RT (BUTTON_5) from the titan 2 (I know this because I can fire a weapon), it's just ignoring it when in build mode.

I _CAN_ build if I'm placing a trap. It will process the RT press properly.

I don't think it's a timing thing with the gamepack. I have removed the gamepack and used just the input translator and the problem remains.

FURTHERMORE, if I start a game with the Titan2 and then plug the controller directly into the PC, I have full control except RT won't build!

If I start the game with just the gamepad and no Titan 2, it works as normal. The second I plug in the Titan 2 it stops processing RT for build even from the gamepad itself.

Have you tried simply using the Titan 2 without any gamepacks?

I know that Fortnite DEFINITELY made a change to build mechanics and timing recently, it was so controversial it even made Engadget headlines. A change like that is likely to cause serious breakage with anything that was dependent on the old timing.
--------
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1935

The TL;DR - Do not private message me unless your question HAS to be private, please ask questions in a public location. I will not answer PMs that contain non-private questions.
Entropy512
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby djxdj » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:34 am

Entropy512 wrote:Have you tried simply using the Titan 2 without any gamepacks?

I have indeed, with no gamepacks and just the input translator, it doesn't work. Even if I plug a regular xbox controller in, the moment I plug the Titan 2 in, it stops working on the standard controller.
djxdj
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Next

Return to Titan Two Device