Fortnite Detecting T2?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Fortnite Detecting T2?

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:28 am

djxdj wrote:Yes it happened exactly with the timing of this patch. Fortnite is definitely getting the RT (BUTTON_5) from the titan 2 (I know this because I can fire a weapon), it's just ignoring it when in build mode.

When using just controller, RT is analog, so its value increase progressively from 0 to 100% when pressed. However, mapping the mouse button to RT will cause the value jump from 0 to 100%.

Try this script to force the RT value go to 100% progressively:
Code: Select all
main {
    if(get_actual(BUTTON_5)) {
        set_val(BUTTON_5, clamp(lerp(0.0, 100.0, (fix32)time_active(BUTTON_5) / 50.0), -100.0, 100.0));
    }
}

ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby djxdj » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:03 pm

Thank you j2kbr, I tried this script and there is still no change.

When I can later, I will record a video of the issue because describing it in text is difficult. But there is a definite change in the game logic when it the Titan Two is connected.
djxdj
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:42 pm

djxdj wrote:When I can later, I will record a video of the issue because describing it in text is difficult. But there is a definite change in the game logic when it the Titan Two is connected.

cool, definitively a video will be very helpful to better understand the issue.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby djxdj » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:01 pm

Hello,

Here is a video demonstrating the issue: https://streamable.com/hhfoe

Thank you for your time!
djxdj
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:27 am

Thank you for the video. You are right, it seems Fortnite is doing some device detection under the hood.

I don't believe is by some sort of inquiring the USB device. When the Titan Two puts the controller and the console (here the computer) in full passthru mode, is virtually the same as connecting the controller directly to the computer. However, I think worth a test: instead of using the XB1 output protocol, please try using the XB360 output protocol to check if there is any difference.

I addition to the above, I would also suggest (if you haven't yet) try only the controller on the Titan Two and without any script running to check if the game still can detect.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby djxdj » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:28 pm

Thanks for watching, this is unfortunate as Epic had previously said devices like Xim and Titan were allowed.

Is there any way to switch to the XB360 Protocol without an Xbox 360 controller? I don't have one but I can try to borrow one from a friend.

So this is interesting... I did as you suggested and tried with just the Xbox One controller plugged into the Titan Two, and the controller works as if it was plugged in directly, even with a script enabled. As soon as I plugged a mouse in it stopped working. So it appears it's detecting a mouse, perhaps it's somehow detecting non-controller-like movements?

There should be a new patch tomorrow morning where they are undoing some of the turbo-build changes. Maybe this is the result of a bug introduced in those changes and it'll be reverted, fingers crossed!
djxdj
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby DontAtMe » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:31 pm

djxdj wrote:Is there any way to switch to the XB360 Protocol without an Xbox 360 controller?

A xbox 360 controller is not actually needed on that protocol. So yes.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby djxdj » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:18 pm

Unfortunately Xbox 360 mode had the same issue, so did PS4 mode.
djxdj
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:47 am

Thanks for testing. Definitively Fortnite is checking the input values (not directly inquiring the connected controller). We have already tried a script for the triggers which didn't work by itself. So it seems are the aiming values that are being evaluated.

This is what we need to do: when there is no mouse movement, make the aiming value fluctuate randomly within a deadzone range.

Something like this:
Code: Select all
#define DEADZONE       8.0

main {
    if(abs(get_actual(STICK_1_X)) < DEADZONE && abs(get_actual(STICK_1_Y)) < DEADZONE) {
        set_val(STICK_1_X, rand() * (2.0 * DEADZONE) - DEADZONE);
        set_val(STICK_1_Y, rand() * (2.0 * DEADZONE) - DEADZONE);
    }
}

J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby djxdj » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:13 pm

Thank you j2kbr. This post and the testing of this script helped me determine what is causing the problem. Unfortunately it's not something the Titan Two can fix.

When I first ran this script, it didn't help, I still had the problem.

But then it occurred to me that my unique configuration might be the root of it. See, I use the Titan Two with my mouse, but use the native PC keyboard input. This effectively allows me to use WASD for Left Stick and the mouse for Right Stick while still keeping all the quick keybinds on the keyboard that are much faster than controller, plus the scripts the gamepack provides.

When I played with the mouse (titan two) and left-stick of the xbox controller, IT WORKED!

Once I started using WASD on the keyboard (connected directly to the PC), it stopped working. So the problem is that Fortnite will no longer let you combine keyboard movement with controller movement.

Testing the script j2kbr posted helped me realize that it's not the lack of STICK1 movement, it's the presence of keyboard movement.

Unfortunately this is a game-breaking change for me. The only thing I can think that would solve this is if the Titan Two also had keyboard emulation on a different usb port (allowing me to use the translated WASD keyboard input as STICK1 yet still pass through the other keys directly to the PC), or a keyboard with two USB outputs that let me send just WASD to one device and passed through all the other keys to another device. Maybe I will modify a keyboard to do this someday.

To everyone that responded to this thread, especially J2Kbr, thank you for your efforts. But I think I'm hosed for now.
djxdj
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device