Question about connectingT2 to two different consoles

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Question about connectingT2 to two different consoles

Postby numberone » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:16 pm

I have a question about the Titan Two and switching between two consoles.

I just recently purchased a PS4 Pro but have been playing on an Xbox One X. My setup is Mouse/Keyboard/Controller > UGREEN USB3.0 Hub/Switch (4 input hub/switch between two devices) > XIM Apex > Titan Two > Console. Its worked great so far but now that I have 2 consoles, I'd like to switch between the two. The other output from my Hub/Switch is for the mouse and keyboard to go to my PC.

Is there a good USB switch that I could put between the Titan Two and the consoles (switch between Xbox and PS4) where the output polling rate would remain at 1000Hz?

Or is there some different setup/configuration option that I should be doing to achieve this?
numberone
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Question about connectingT2 to two different consoles

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:22 am

I would just add an PS4 controller on Input-B of the Titan Two and set the output protocol to USB Automatic. In this case you would just need unplug the USB cable from on console and plug on the other.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby numberone » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:12 pm

J2Kbr wrote:I would just add an PS4 controller on Input-B of the Titan Two and set the output protocol to USB Automatic. In this case you would just need unplug the USB cable from on console and plug on the other.

Gotcha. Seems less than ideal but I guess could always buy another XIM Apex/Titan Two combo if I didn't want to deal with the hassle ;)
numberone
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:52 pm

Note that a PS4 controller should always be plugged direct to XIM APEX via a USB hub, not a USB switch. When you switch from PC to XIM APEX, the controller will fail to authenticate if connected to a USB switch.

There are also issues swapping m/kb to Windows 10 via a USB switch - the USB host in Win 10 will crash after a few swaps, causing the kb to disconnect and the only solution is to reboot the PC. I've tried multiple switches from IOGear, UGREEN and Sabrent and all have the same issue. It's not a problem on earlier versions of Windows, nor on macOS, it's just Win 10.

I would connect the XIM APEX USB hub back to the XIM APEX, plug m, kb & controller into that. Leave XIM APEX connected to Titan Two as is. Connect Titan Two OUTPUT to the UGREEN USB switch - one output cable from the switch goes to PS4, the other goes to Xbox One. Swap the controller, depending on the console in use.

If your USB switch is working consistently to swap from XIM APEX to PC (it shouldn't be for the reasons stated above), then buy a second USB switch for the console swapping.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Titan Two Device