GT tuner not recognizing titan two

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

GT tuner not recognizing titan two

Postby Aithorn » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:52 pm

Hey guys,

My titan two suddenly stopped being recognized by GTTUNER.exe. I have tried new cables, blowing out dust of the different ports of the titan two device, using new cables, and letting it sit for a while. Nothing. I have in the following order updated the device by going to tools, update firmware, and that seems to have updated GT tuner, but not the device. I have even placed the device in p mode hping that that would fix it as suggested in another topic a couple of times.

Now the device displays a p, whereas before I could scroll to my loaded scripts and gamepacks.

The led on the titan 2 remains red. Now it displays a p and a red light on the right-hand side and is not showing up in GT tuner.exe.

When trying to update the firmware I get device not connected, skipping firmware check.
Aithorn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: GT tuner not recognizing titan two

Postby Mad » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:18 pm

Have you tried a different USB port on the PC? - Can you try a different PC?

With the T2 connected to the PC go to settings>devices> do you see Titan Two under "Other Devices" ?
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:11 am

Aithorn wrote:Now the device displays a p, whereas before I could scroll to my loaded scripts and gamepacks.

It seems the device is stuck in programming mode (P on the display).

Open Gtuner IV (not Gtuner Pro) and, with the device connected to your computer via PROG port, go to Tools -> Check for Updates. This operation should reflash the device's firmware.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Aithorn » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:09 pm

I had tried that, but it turns out, it was the cables. I had to use special cables that allowed large amounts of data to go through. In this instance, the Kontrol Freeks charging cable worked for me. Now the device works and performs as good as new.
Aithorn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Mad » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:04 pm

Aithorn wrote:Now the device works and performs as good as new.

Good to hear, thanks for the update. :joia:
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Return to Titan Two Device