Mouse and Keyboard player (PS4), should I keep my XIM Apex?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Mouse and Keyboard player (PS4), should I keep my XIM Apex?

Postby Skilah » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:28 pm

Hello !

Currently I am playing PS4 with a Mouse and a Keyboard plugged into my XIM Apex, I mainly play Battlefield 5 and Fortnite (on PS4 Pro).

Question 1 :
My goal is to use Anti-recoil scripts (WITHOUT having a computer next to me), I've read that the T2 can handle a mouse and a keyboard, so can someone explain to me why I should keep my XIM Apex ? If I only use the T2 and "toss" the XIM (I will keep it not far away since I love it ^^) it will reduce the input lag by 1 or 2 ms if I'm not mistaking.

Question 2 :
IF I decide to keep the XIM Apex, will I be able to use anti-recoil scripts with the same efficiency as if I had M+K plugged directly into T2 without XIM plugged in ? If yes the best config would be PS4>T2>XIM (with xim hub occupied by controller+mouse+keyboard) ?

Question 3 :
IF I decide to toss the XIM Apex,is this the best setup to plug my Mouse and Keyboard (I do not want to have a computer running while I play PS4) :
Output to PS4
Prog to OTG adapter for keyboard
Mouse to input A
Controller input B

Thanks alot for your answers, I really want to buy the T2 but still can't figure out how to use the T2 with max efficiency on FPS games with my mouse and keyboard.
Skilah
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Mouse and Keyboard player (PS4), should I keep my XIM Ap

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:46 pm

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your interest on the Titan Two device.

Answering your questions:

1. With the Titan Two computer connection is not required while playing games. The computer (or smartphone if using Gtuner Air) is needed only for programming the device. I personally use only the Titan Two for keyboard and mouse, but some other users prefer use in combination with XIM. At the end it is a user's preference.

2. All you need to do is plug the Titan Two between XIM and the console. Preferably configuring both devices to work at 1000Hz.

3. Your described connections is the recommended for this setup.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Skilah » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:25 pm

Thanks for clarifying, I bought it and have it since 2 days, first configuration wasn't easy but I've found enough informations on this forum to make it work properly with my fav game Battlefield 5.

I currently have Mouse and Keyboard plugged in directly, I do not use my XIM anymore but still, I do have some quick questions:

1/ Is there a "benefit" to plug the XIM Apex instead of direct M&K input ? If I decide to plug the XIM Apex, will 1ms latency be added to my total latency ? Will I notice some more latency ?

2/ My setup is : Mouse (inputA), Controller (InputB), Keyboard (Prog with OTG), PS4 (Output) but since I have not the bluetooth version, everytime I modify a script, I have to unplug my Keyboard to plug my computer, it's kinda annoying.
Is it possible to unplug the Controller from InputB and plug the keyboard without plugging again the Controller ? I've read it somewhere but can't find it anymore. If I don't have to plug my PS4 controller anymore that would let me modify my scripts and play to test at the same time.
Skilah
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:02 pm

Thank you for purchasing the Titan Two.

Skilah wrote:1/ Is there a "benefit" to plug the XIM Apex instead of direct M&K input ? If I decide to plug the XIM Apex, will 1ms latency be added to my total latency ? Will I notice some more latency ?

Personally I use only the Titan Two for K&M game play. However, there are users that prefer use XIM to handle the mouse conversion. If both devices are configured to 1000HZ you will have (in the worst case) an extra ms added to the total latency when using XIM/Apex in conjunction with the Titan Two.

Skilah wrote:2/ My setup is : Mouse (inputA), Controller (InputB), Keyboard (Prog with OTG), PS4 (Output) but since I have not the bluetooth version, everytime I modify a script, I have to unplug my Keyboard to plug my computer, it's kinda annoying.
Is it possible to unplug the Controller from InputB and plug the keyboard without plugging again the Controller ? I've read it somewhere but can't find it anymore. If I don't have to plug my PS4 controller anymore that would let me modify my scripts and play to test at the same time.

There is an alternative method that does not requires the PS4 controller. Please PM me for more details.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan Two Device