Nintendo Switch Mouse & Keyboard Setup

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Nintendo Switch Mouse & Keyboard Setup

Postby brickandlace » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:19 am

Hi Guys,

Would someone be able to help walk me through setting up a mouse and keyboard on the Titan Two with a Nintendo Switch? I'm not sure where to connect the mouse and keyboard or even how to connect the joy-cons haha. I have a XIM Apex as well if that would improve functionality.

Cheers!
brickandlace
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Nintendo Switch Mouse & Keyboard Setup

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:55 pm

All you need to do is plug the mouse at Input-A, the keyboard at Input-B and, if you want, the Joycons connected to the Titan Two over Bluetooth (the Bluetooth module is needed in this case). You will also need an Input Translator loaded in the device for the game you are playing.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby brickandlace » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:27 pm

J2Kbr wrote:All you need to do is plug the mouse at Input-A, the keyboard at Input-B and, if you want, the Joycons connected to the Titan Two over Bluetooth (the Bluetooth module is needed in this case). You will also need an Input Translator loaded in the device for the game you are playing.

Thanks! Do I need to have the Joy-Cons connected via bluetooth? As in, will it work with just the mouse and keyboard plugged into the Titan Two?
brickandlace
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:35 pm

The Joycons are not needed, you can have just the keyboard and mouse connected to the Titan Two (the Nintendo Switch does not requires authentication of USB devices).
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby brickandlace » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:41 pm

J2Kbr wrote:The Joycons are not needed, you can have just the keyboard and mouse connected to the Titan Two (the Nintendo Switch does not requires authentication of USB devices).

Oh didn't realize! Thanks a bunch man. All the best.
brickandlace
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby brickandlace » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:12 am

J2Kbr wrote:All you need to do is plug the mouse at Input-A, the keyboard at Input-B and, if you want, the Joycons connected to the Titan Two over Bluetooth (the Bluetooth module is needed in this case). You will also need an Input Translator loaded in the device for the game you are playing.

I plugged the mouse and keyboard into the correct inputs, loaded the Fortnite input translator for the Switch to a memory slot, enabled Pro Controller Wired Communication on the Switch, and switched to the same memory slot on the Titan Two. Nothing is happening. Am I missing something?
brickandlace
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby brickandlace » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:54 am

JamIsJam wrote:

I plugged the mouse and keyboard into the correct inputs, loaded the Fortnite input translator for the Switch to a memory slot, enabled Pro Controller Wired Communication on the Switch, and switched to the same memory slot on the Titan Two. Nothing is happening. Am I missing something?

Sorry, I forgot to configure the Titan Two's Output Protocol to Nintendo Switch haha.

By chance do you have a list of the buttons listed on Gtuner with the corresponding buttons on the Nintendo Switch controller? I'm pretty sure I mapped them out properly but just to make sure.
brickandlace
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mad » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:16 am

Glad you got it working :smile0517:

JamIsJam wrote:By chance do you have a list of the buttons listed on Gtuner with the corresponding buttons on the Nintendo Switch controller? I'm pretty sure I mapped them out properly but just to make sure.

Press F1 in Gtuner.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby brickandlace » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:22 am

Mad wrote:Glad you got it working :smile0517:

JamIsJam wrote:By chance do you have a list of the buttons listed on Gtuner with the corresponding buttons on the Nintendo Switch controller? I'm pretty sure I mapped them out properly but just to make sure.

Press F1 in Gtuner.

Lol thanks!
brickandlace
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby brickandlace » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:20 am

Just out of curiosity. Will connecting the Joy Cons via bluetooth to the Titan Two emulate using the Joy Cons instead of a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller?
brickandlace
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Next

Return to Titan Two Device