can i use xim apex for keyboard and titan 2 for mouse?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

can i use xim apex for keyboard and titan 2 for mouse?

Postby bb4life1990 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:22 pm

basically im sick of the xim apex an its st's forcing you to use sometimes things you dont want to use. my st on there is now updated which i dont want it to be cause im on fortnite old legacy settings so now my aiming is horrible an crap on xim.

this whole input translator thing seems a bit weird tried looking up instructions still odd....xim is definitely easier in that department

example for mouse input on titan 2 i wanna put keys for some of my mouse buttons example i set one of my mouse buttons to be E and one Q then just bind it in the xim...input translator you have to list it as number idk which dang number these buttons are its logitech g502 there are a bunch of buttons... also on xim my pickaxe button my mouse wheel click...can you do that on translator the input translator definitely isnt user-friendly compared to the xim
bb4life1990
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: can i use xim apex for keyboard and titan 2 for mouse?

Postby DontAtMe » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:10 am

bb4life1990 wrote:example for mouse input on titan 2 i wanna put keys for some of my mouse buttons example i set one of my mouse buttons to be E and one Q then just bind it in the xim...input translator you have to list it as number idk which dang number these buttons are its logitech g502 there are a bunch of buttons... also on xim my pickaxe button my mouse wheel click...can you do that on translator the input translator definitely isnt user-friendly compared to the xim

If the mouse will be outputting keys, then map said keys to buttons under the key mapping section.

Also for reference
Mouse button 1 = left mouse button
Mouse button 2 = right mouse button
Mouse button 3 = middle mouse button
Mouse button 4 = forward mouse button
Mouse button 5 = back mouse button
Mouse buttons 6 through 16 will most likely not be mapped on any mouse you use.

If your mouse has more then 6 buttons you can utilize them by mapping those buttons as keys through your mouse software. Then in the input translator, you access them in the key mapping section.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby bb4life1990 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:45 am

DontAtMe wrote:
bb4life1990 wrote:example for mouse input on titan 2 i wanna put keys for some of my mouse buttons example i set one of my mouse buttons to be E and one Q then just bind it in the xim...input translator you have to list it as number idk which dang number these buttons are its logitech g502 there are a bunch of buttons... also on xim my pickaxe button my mouse wheel click...can you do that on translator the input translator definitely isnt user-friendly compared to the xim

If the mouse will be outputting keys, then map said keys to buttons under the key mapping section.

Also for reference
Mouse button 1 = left mouse button
Mouse button 2 = right mouse button
Mouse button 3 = middle mouse button
Mouse button 4 = forward mouse button
Mouse button 5 = back mouse button
Mouse buttons 6 through 16 will most likely not be mapped on any mouse you use.

If your mouse has more then 6 buttons you can utilize them by mapping those buttons as keys through your mouse software. Then in the input translator, you access them in the key mapping section.

sadly i figured it out but the mouse translator just doesnt even come close to the xim mouse translation....but i sadly lost my st for legacy settings fortnite on xim so figured id try the titan 2 translator the older one assuming it was for legacy and ya its just not good at all feels slightly delayed an fast movements are very sloppy compared to the xim apex. so i guess im just screwed for a while unless xim make st again for legacy on fortnite which dont think they will
bb4life1990
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Mad » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:23 am

bb4life1990 wrote:sadly i figured it out but the mouse translator just doesnt even come close to the xim mouse translation....

Sure it does, old input translators wont work well because of certain game updates. If someone doesn't share the input translator that suits your play style have some patience and create your own :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby bb4life1990 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:47 am

Mad wrote:
bb4life1990 wrote:sadly i figured it out but the mouse translator just doesnt even come close to the xim mouse translation....

Sure it does, old input translators wont work well because of certain game updates. If someone doesn't share the input translator that suits your play style have some patience and create your own :smile0517:

ya idk game update or not...fortnite got updated and made a whole new aiming style and the xims old st worked still good with the "old" aim settings. game update or not old translator should work for old legacy as the xim did. i could see if i tried using the old translator with new settings.

but legacy then should be same as legacy now with updates. and idk what would suit my game play? accurate mouse movement? lol just regular game play its fine not biggy its your job to defend titan as its other to defend xims. ive watched ximmers swear that titan 2 doesnt come close then come here and titan members of course wont agree which is fine an not a surprise its how groups(clicks) work i get that.

im unbiased either way tried them both. old legacy an old xim st felt just how it use to regardless all the fortnite updates since. but lost the st cause you apparently cant factory reset an then restore it an keep the old st it automatically turns it into new st so i screwed myself. but as far as titan 2 goes old legacy with old translator is horrible an trying to ads an aim fast a few times it was all over the place and pickaxing stuff an moving it an paying attention to how it is just sometiems feelt delayed an off. its fine will be taking a break from gaming for a bit maybe things will get better with time
bb4life1990
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby bb4life1990 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:46 pm

got a new mousepad and the translator actaully doesnt feel to bad
bb4life1990
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby bb4life1990 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:14 pm

So sadly the input translator just doesnt compete with the xims old legacy st for legacy. Does that just mean the curve needs adjusted? Cause i assume most the work is in the curve?? To get it as close to pc feel as possible?? Sadly the xim team cant even release to us ximmers the curve for the legacy st that we could just make a generic st for. Since they refuse to make multiple st’s.
bb4life1990
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Return to Titan Two Device