Nintendo Nunchucks Not Recognised

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Nintendo Nunchucks Not Recognised

Postby BinaryDigit » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:12 pm

Got a bit of an interesting problem here that may be of interest, and I'd love to get some help to solve this.

I have 4 official and genuine Nintendo Nunchucks that all work perfectly fine when connected via an official Nintendo Wii Remote to a Nintendo Wii U.
When connected to the Titan Two device (new model) and checking their operation in Device Monitor of GTuner, 2 of the Nunchucks do not work. It's almost as if they are not recognised.

I have verified this by trying 3 different Nintendo Wii Remotes and checking each one on a Nintendo Wii U to confirm that they are all fully operational.

I've opened up the all of the Nunchucks and noticed that the two that are not recognised by the Titan Two have alterations to their boards.
I'd love to get these recognised by the Titan Two so that I can use them, and I am not sure if you'd like information on these boards to improve compatibility.
BinaryDigit
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Nintendo Nunchucks Not Recognised

Postby BinaryDigit » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:39 am

I understand that this is probably only something that J2Kbr is able to help with.

I've taken a look around GTuner and not found anything that I can use to dump details of the Nunchucks so that I can send it, or to even be able to write a script to read it.

I'll be more than happy to take pictures of the boards, provide details of the hardware, etc, when the time comes.
BinaryDigit
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Mad » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:39 am

Welcome to the community BinaryDigit :smile0201:

BinaryDigit wrote:I've taken a look around GTuner and not found anything that I can use to dump details of the Nunchucks so that I can send it, or to even be able to write a script to read it.

First be sure to update your Gtuner IV and Titan Two firmware. After that proceed as the following:
1) Unplug all controllers from the Titan Two;
2) Connect the output to the console;
3) Connect the Prog port to your computer;
4) Open Gtuner IV and go to top menu Tools -> "Fetch Descriptors ...";
5) Plug the controller to any port at the front of the Titan Two;
6) Wait couple seconds for this window be update with the captured data;
7) Click on the button "Copy Descriptors" and post here.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby BinaryDigit » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:51 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

I knew I was in the right place with "Fetch Descriptors" but I couldn't get it to work since these controllers connect via bluetooth.

I can get it to trigger and fetch descriptors for a controller pugged into the USB Ports, but never been able to get it to dump the descriptors for the Wii Remote / Nunchuck. I've tried connecting after the window is open, before the window is open, syncing with window open, no nuchuck attached, with nuchuck attached, etc.
I think that is only searching for a physically connected device and not watching over BT.

Would there be another way to accomplish this?
BinaryDigit
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:48 am

BinaryDigit wrote:I've opened up the all of the Nunchucks and noticed that the two that are not recognised by the Titan Two have alterations to their boards.

Each Wiimote extension (nunchuck, classic controller, etc) have an ID for identification. The Titan Two will only accept connection of supported IDs, for the nunchuck this ID is 0x0000, 0xA420, 0x0000.

Reference: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiimote/Extensi ... tification

Based on what you described, possible 2 of your nunchuck have an different ID.

For these 2, they are Nintendo official or third-party?
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby BinaryDigit » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:13 pm

I did get the feeling that the nunchucks may not be getting recognised due to some sort of ID.

All of the peripherals that I ever bought have been official and genuine 1st party Nintendo products.
I can confirm that all of them, including these two that are not working with the Titan Two, are Nintendo official nunchuk controllers.
I can also confirm that the two that are not recognised work perfectly normal with the console but are not recognised by the Titan two.
BinaryDigit
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:14 pm

Thank you for the clarifications. Please allow me some time to research about it and try find information of nunchucks with ID different from 0x0000, 0xA420, 0x0000.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby BinaryDigit » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:42 pm

Of course, I'm happy to help. Thank you for looking into this.

Please let me know if there is any way you would like me to help, such as photos of the PCBs' or dumping info from the peripheral if a tool is available.
BinaryDigit
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby BinaryDigit » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:39 pm

Just wanted to check in on if there is any solution/progress on a number of Official Nintendo Nunchucks not being recognised. I noticed that there was a firmware/software update and I tested after applying these updates, but with no change.
Is there anything I could do to help or any information I could supply?
BinaryDigit
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:06 am

The latest firmware release didn't include changes related to Wiimote extension compatibility. I have this suggestion annotated in my todo list and will try include to the very next FW update. Thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan Two Device