New user : Wireless connection/sync issues Xbox

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

New user : Wireless connection/sync issues Xbox

Postby DeadEnd » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:07 pm

Hi to all.

I have sync issues with my Xbox one X , wireless adapter (new version), and wireless controller(s) with my console.

I cant get any sync at all. It just doesnt happen.

When connected with a cable to the Titan Two, things are fine and scripts working, but without cable ... nothing.

I have Xbox One X,
Wireless adapter (new version)
Wireless controller (bundled with system)
Elite series 2 Controller (new)
Titann Two (without blutooth board)

The T2 arrived earlier this week but I have yet to connect wirelessly to it :ashamed:
I have latest firmware for T2 and software for GtunerIV but have no progress.

I cant connect with either controller (bundled or series 2)

Any suggextions ?

Cheers
DeadEnd
DeadEnd
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: New user : Wireless connection/sync issues Xbox

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:41 pm

Welcome to our forums.

After plugging the Wireless Adapter to the Titan Two (Input port A or B), the status LED of the port first turns orange and then, after couple seconds, green?

Do you have an configured SD Card installed in your Titan Two?

You can find more details on how configure the Micro SD-Card here:

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... ss_adapter
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby DeadEnd » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:21 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Welcome to our forums.

After plugging the Wireless Adapter to the Titan Two (Input port A or B), the status LED of the port first turns orange and then, after couple seconds, green?

Yes J2Kbr, it does what you say and remains green

J2Kbr wrote:Do you have an configured SD Card installed in your Titan Two?

You can find more details on how configure the Micro SD-Card here:

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... ss_adapter

When I use Pairing Method B it does not pair correctly....

Connect the Xbox Wireless Adapter to the Titan Two USB port labeled INPUT-A or INPUT-B; (Yes ok)
Wait for the status LED of the USB port to turn green, indicating the Xbox Wireless Adapter was successfully initialized; (Yes ok)
Press the sync button on the Xbox Wireless Adapter until the white LED starts flashing; (Yes ok)
Press and hold the sync button on the Xbox One controller; (Yes ok)

The Xbox button will start flashing white and after few seconds it should be paired with the Xbox Wireless Adapter (See below)

The Elite controller(series 2) will connect to wireless adapter in T2 when I have T2 connected to laptop in PROG mode.
I am able to go into DEVICE MONITOR (Gtuner IV 1.7) and see what buttons/triggers I am pressing on the controller, but every so often it loses connection (controller xbox button flashes a couple of times and i get no response in DEVICE MONITOR

I now disconnect T2 from laptop and connect to Xbox One X (it shows "AU")
I now press Xbox button on controller (T2 shows "0" and Xbox controller is not showing any lights)
DeadEnd
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:45 pm

Thank you for the detailed information.

DeadEnd wrote:The Elite controller(series 2) will connect to wireless adapter in T2 when I have T2 connected to laptop in PROG mode. I am able to go into DEVICE MONITOR (Gtuner IV 1.7) and see what buttons/triggers I am pressing on the controller, but every so often it loses connection (controller xbox button flashes a couple of times and i get no response in DEVICE MONITOR

Okay, it seems the pairing is working. When the controllers stops responding, it still on (the xbox button is lit)?

If you remove the battery to turn off the controller, put it back and press the Xbox button, does the controller connects to the Wireless Adapter?

Also, be sure to update all you xbox controllers, the latest Titan Two firmware expects all XB1 controller to be updated.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hard ... controller
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: New user : Wireless connection/sync issues Xb

Postby what2be » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:25 pm

I’m having the same issue, although if I re-pair the elite 2 controller To the Microsoft wireless adapter 9(v2) it will usually stay connected the rest of the day. A bigger problem is that when I’m in a game and want to save a screenshot or do a capture and I press the Xbox button , instead of bringing the Xbox one menu up on the screen it brings the “ shutdown or restart your console” up on the screen even if I have no script active and it’s on profile 0. (Green led and AU on Titan 2 display) When I pair my elite v1 to the same wireless adapter it neither disconnects nor gives me the “shutdown or restart” screen. It works perfectly fine.

Just want to verify, I don’t need to reformat the sd card and select configure for the Titan2 in Gtuner every time I pair a different wireless Xbox one controller, correct?

And I have the wireless adapter plugged into usb a on the Titan 2 and nothing plugged into in the usb b port. (Other than a wired controller I had plugged into B just to initialize it after formatting the sd card and running the configure command)

Does it matter how long I leave the wired controller plugged into b after it’s initialized the first time? Should it be unplugged before inserting the wireless adapter in usb A or can it be left plugged into usb b for any length of time?

Thanks..
what2be
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:21 am

Thank you what2be for the detailed description of the issue. The Xbox button of XB1 controllers requires special handling (it is not the same as the others buttons). It seems what we have implemented for all XB1 controller is not working as intended with Elite V2. I will investigate and include the fix to the next FW update.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby what2be » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:18 am

thank you, much appreciated. Is profile support for the Elite v2 a feature that will be implemented as well at a later date?
what2be
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:11 pm

You are welcome. The controller profiles can be used with the Titan Two. However, it would be better have button remapping performed via Input Translator or GPC script.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby hollisms » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:50 am

J2Kbr wrote:Thank you what2be for the detailed description of the issue. The Xbox button of XB1 controllers requires special handling (it is not the same as the others buttons). It seems what we have implemented for all XB1 controller is not working as intended with Elite V2. I will investigate and include the fix to the next FW update.

I'm struggling with a similar set of issues. In the device monitor I have noticed that the XBOX button "sticks". Meaning that it is automatically doing a "long click" rather than duration that it is pressed.

I also have not been able to get my controller to continue working without the authentication controller plugged into the B port. I'm using the XBOX X controllers, XBOX USB dongle and the latest firmware on all.

Thank you!
hollisms
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:52 am

Welcome hollisms to our community.

The fix for this issue will be provided in the very next FW update. (I will try get this out early next week).
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Titan Two Device