Azeron not being recognized by titantwo as keyboard

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Azeron not being recognized by titantwo as keyboard

Postby kokrng » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:16 am

Hello,

I recently made the change to Azeron and I’m loving it. I seem to be encountering some problems though. Azeron only seems to be recognized by titantwo when I set firmware to Xim input, but whenever I set firmware to PC then titantwo does not recognize it. The issue being, I want titantwo to recognize my Azeron as a keyboard + joystick (thus setting firmware to PC). Can anyone help me out with this.

Thank you in advance!
kokrng
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Azeron not being recognized by titantwo as keyboard

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:02 pm

Please capture the USB descriptors of the Azeron in PC mode, so I can check the compatibility with the Titan Two.

On Gtuner IV, with the Titan Two connected to computer, go to top menu Tools -> "Fetch Descriptors ...". Now plug the a Azeron in PC mod to any port on the Titan Two. The descriptors will show in the window, click on the button "Copy Descriptors" and post here. Thank you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby antithesis » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:37 pm

I've used an Azeron with T2 and XIM APEX for 18 months without issue.

How are you connecting the Azeron - to APEX or T2? Mine is connected to APEX.

Set your Azeron to joystick rather than kb mode (LEDs lit near thumb), otherwise the thumbstick emulates WASD instead of analog. That may be the kb mode you're referring to, but to use Azeron with APEX, you want joystick mode.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Apok » Wed May 13, 2020 11:14 pm

'How are you connecting the Azeron - to APEX or T2? Mine is connected to APEX"

Are we able to connect it directly to the T2? I havent had any luck at making translators in the past sop i am wondering if there is already one mode for the Az likme we have for the G13?
Apok
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Fri May 15, 2020 1:03 am

I connect my Azeron to XIM APEX and use it on console and PC without any problems.

I've found that the Base FW for Azeron and the XIM FW installed via Azeron Software cause disconnects and inconsistent stick movement. Instead, I use the Simple XIM Firmware from W11cE on my Compact and have done so without issue for over a year.

Here's the link to the W11cE FW - https://site-835705.mozfiles.com/files/ ... es__1_.zip

I sent the Azeron USB descriptors to J2Kbr and he's working on a HID driver for better compatibility when plugged direct into Titan Two. You'll need a micro-SD card on your Titan Two for custom HID drivers, they're installed via Gtuner IV > Device Configuration > Micro-SD Card > Configure.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby boondoggle » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:26 pm

Just wondering what the latest is on this subject? I'm thinking of getting an Azeron. I do not have a XIM and not interested in getting one. If I understand how the Azeron works, it can emulate both a keyboard and controller at the same time per button. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If that is the case, I would like the T2 to recognize Azeron as both keyboard and controller at the same time and output it as such. Is that even a possibility? My initial thought is a "no". I seem to recall that the T2 can only output one or the other.

Thanks
boondoggle
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby antithesis » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:37 am

Azeron has default two profiles - one set to digital, the other set to analog. It is recognised as either a keyboard, or a controller, not both at the same time.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby boondoggle » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:30 pm

Thanks Antithesis. Good thing I checked. That is not what I heard. :o
boondoggle
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Return to Titan Two Device