Elite 2 controller disconnects from Titan 2 bluetooth

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Elite 2 controller disconnects from Titan 2 bluetooth

Postby cwiggy78 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:41 pm

Hi,

Have had Titan 2 and bluetooth module for a long time now but never actually utilised the bluetooth module.

I have Just bought an Elite Series 2 controller as my elite 1 died a death and was hoping to use bluetooth connectivity. I have successfully got the new controller up and running with bluetooth and have connected a second xbox controller (wired) into the port b of the titan 2 as an authenticator.

My issue is that the Elite 2 controller is periodically losing connection to the Titan 2 (i.e When playing COD MW and the disconnection happens my soldier will keep doing the same action as it was doing eg continues running forwards or if i was in the middle of turning just spins around non stop :-().

I can't tell for sure whether it is every 10 mins like in the olden days of Titan 1 when it used to disconnect when re-authenticating on PS4. Is there something i am missing or is this a genuine bug ?

May I add that i am connected to a Windows 10 gaming laptop (PC).

Please help.

Kind regards

Chris (UK)
cwiggy78
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: Elite 2 controller disconnects from Titan 2 bluetooth

Postby Mad » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:38 pm

cwiggy78 wrote:My issue is that the Elite 2 controller is periodically losing connection to the Titan 2

Does the titan two LED change when this happens?

cwiggy78 wrote:May I add that i am connected to a Windows 10 gaming laptop (PC).

Are there any error messages in Gtuner's output panel when this happens? If so can you paste them here.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby cwiggy78 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:52 pm

Hi,

So this evening I have had the chance to test again.

This was all connected to a gaming laptop PC. Utilising COD:MW.

Firstly I managed to play for 2 hours with zero problems

when having an external power supply connected providing power to the Titan two. This was different to how I have normally been setting up (with no external power supply). I also had the prog cable connected to allow capture of any error messages in the GTuner IV Console. Again this is not usually connected.

***EDIT**** After having a couple of hours break I set this setup back up to play as I felt I knew it worked and it started disconnecting as well with the same error codes as below setup.

I then removed the external power supply to test in the same conditions as per the original fault:

Result - The disconnection happened again within about 3 minutes (i.e player started spinning uncontrollably).

Error code on GTuner IV 1.7 = Bluetooth Module: Device disconnection [ evt 5, err 0, info 010008 ]
Bluetooth Module: Connection error [ evt 15, err 2, info 010604 ]

Please note there was nothing whatsoever visually on the Titan 2 hardware itself that showed any kind of error or disconnection. I.e zero flashing lights and my script selected remained visually showing the number 2 with port A and Port B lights remaining constant green.

The controller took about 30 seconds to reconnect before it was working again.

Any thoughts on what this could be ? My guess is that I perhaps require the external Power supply to be connected as a standard operating procedure when utilising bluetooth connection ?

Finally. If I play with the controller wired into port A instead of utilizing bluetooth there are zero issues.

Thanks

Chris (UK)
cwiggy78
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Dwayneos » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:54 pm

I'm guessing you don't have the opportunity to test the controller with another device, Chris?
Dwayneos
Private
Private

Postby cwiggy78 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:34 pm

Hi,

I have a PS4 Pro I could try it on which I haven't had powered on for about a year. I'll re set it up and try some troubleshooting on that over the next couple of days and report back

Chris (UK)
cwiggy78
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby cwiggy78 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:11 pm

Hi,

Update.

I have successfully played COD: MW for about 2 hours today on my PS4 Pro utilising the Elite Series 2 controller in Bluetooth mode connected to the Titan Two.

Setup was:

Elite Series 2 to Titan Two (Bluetooth).
I have a PS4 authentication file on my SD which J2KBR provided a long time ago (which means I don't require a dualshock 4 connected in port 2 for authentication).

Outcome - The controller worked flawlessly.

Wonder what the issue with attaching it to my gaming laptop (PC) is ?

Maybe the laptops built in bluetooth or even the bluetooth dongle for my Logitech G903 mouse is in someway interfering ?

Any thoughts ?

***EDIT*** It finally did it on PS4 too after about 5 hrs of play and twice in about 10 mins WTF ???

I'm beginning to think maybe it is my Titan Two/Bluetooth module that is not working properly. I've also tried it with a normal bluetooth xbox controller with same issues.

Chris (UK)
cwiggy78
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:17 am

cwiggy78 wrote:Error code on GTuner IV 1.7 = Bluetooth Module: Device disconnection [ evt 5, err 0, info 010008 ]
Bluetooth Module: Connection error [ evt 15, err 2, info 010604 ]

Thank you for posting the debug messages. It shows the disconnection happened due connection timeout (the controller have not replied in-time). One scenario where this can happens is if there is too much 2.4GHz active devices in the same area (wireless phones, Bluetooth, wifi, etc). I will check if this timeout can be extended for the next FW release.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby cwiggy78 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:21 pm

J2Kbr,

Thanks for responding. Would be great if you could tweak it in a new firmware. I will readily fault find if required to help out.

Keep up the great work and above all else stay safe

Best regards

Chris (UK)
cwiggy78
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Gieg96 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:58 pm

cwiggy78 wrote:Hi,

Update.

I have successfully played COD: MW for about 2 hours today on my PS4 Pro utilising the Elite Series 2 controller in Bluetooth mode connected to the Titan Two.

Setup was:

Elite Series 2 to Titan Two (Bluetooth).
I have a PS4 authentication file on my SD which J2KBR provided a long time ago (which means I don't require a dualshock 4 connected in port 2 for authentication).

Outcome - The controller worked flawlessly.

Wonder what the issue with attaching it to my gaming laptop (PC) is ?

Maybe the laptops built in bluetooth or even the bluetooth dongle for my Logitech G903 mouse is in someway interfering ?

Any thoughts ?

***EDIT*** It finally did it on PS4 too after about 5 hrs of play and twice in about 10 mins WTF ???

I'm beginning to think maybe it is my Titan Two/Bluetooth module that is not working properly. I've also tried it with a normal bluetooth xbox controller with same issues.

Chris (UK)

Can you post the file for ps4 controller authentication?
Gieg96
Private
Private

Postby Mad » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:37 am

Gieg96 wrote:Can you post the file for ps4 controller authentication?

Check PM's.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord
Mad
Major General
Major General

Next

Return to Titan Two Device