Titan Two Bluetooth to PC as a genuine DS4

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan Two Bluetooth to PC as a genuine DS4

Postby Newgun » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:32 pm

Is there a way for for Windows and Steam to recognize the Titan Two as a genuine DS4 when the Titan Two is connected via the bluetooth module?

I am able to connect the Titan Two to the PC via bluetooth, and Windows settings shows "Titan Two" as connected in the bluetooth settings. I also have a DS4 connected to the Titan Two via bluetooth.

The Titan Two is connected with an external power adapter.
The output protocol is set to Bluetooth Playstation 4.

The issue is that Windows is not recognizing the Titan Two as a genuine DS4. Windows only recognizes the Titan Two as, well, a Titan Two. Also the "O" light on the Titan Two is not lit.

Any ideas?
Newgun
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Titan Two Bluetooth to PC as a genuine DS4

Postby antithesis » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:08 am

Have you added the DS4 connected to T2 as a Bluetooth device in Windows? Do a search in the BT settings - it should show in there as a generically named controller.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Newgun » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:56 am

I will check what you suggested @antithesis tomorrow. I do recall, however, that during the bluetooth search in Windows, only the Titan Two showed up. I don’t recall ever seeing any controllers showing up as a discoverable device. And this is with the DS4 already paired to the Titan Two. But again, I’ll confirm tomorrow. Thanks.
Newgun
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:49 am

I believe what you are seeing on Windows Bluetooth devices is the BLE interface of the Titan Two (for programming only, used by Gtuner Air). The Titan Two does not usually advertises it self in the Classic mode (only when pairing mode).

The Bluetooth pairing with PS4 console is performed over USB interface. Currently we don't have means to pair the Titan Two for the PS4 output protocol over Bluetooth. I will check if we can add this option for the next FW update.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan Two Device