PS4 Controller via bluetooth module - No headset sound?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

PS4 Controller via bluetooth module - No headset sound?

Postby Locoxy » Sat May 30, 2020 4:00 pm

Just got my T2 connected with USB wire to my PS4 and then enabled the T2 output to be via bluetooth to connect wirelessly with the PS4 controller.

T2 connects fine to both the PS4 console and also wirelessly with the PS4 controller. But when plugging in my headset by wire to the PS4 controller, then there is no sound coming through at all !?

When reading the advertisements and also seeing the T2 advertisements on YouTube, there they claim it works perfectly fine with sound to your headset connected with wire to your PS4 controller, and the controller being connected with bluetooth to T2.

Is this not working in current T2 firmware, or are these some special settings you need to switch somehow to make this work?

Ideally I would also enjoy the T2 to be wireless connected also to the PS4 console, as well as wireless to the PS4 controller.
This does also not appear to work at all and can not see any instructions either on how to set this up to work.

Honestly, the user guides for the bluetooth module is lacking a lot, as only thing was like a symbolic picture of how to press the bluetooth module into the T2. And no other info available there or in the normal user manual/guide for T2...

Hope some of you T2 veteran experts out there knows how to get this to work on the PS4!?

Thank you!
Locoxy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: PS4 Controller via bluetooth module - No headset sound?

Postby Scachi » Sat May 30, 2020 4:13 pm

When reading the advertisements

Please link to that information...
I am not aware of any official advertisements where it says that a bluetooth connected ps4 controller with a headset connected to that same controller will work.

As far as I know a headset connected to the controller will only work via usb at the moment.
The support for headsets connectd to a controller that is connected via bluetooth is still in development I think..but I am not sure about that. J2kbr should know more about that.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Locoxy » Sat May 30, 2020 5:02 pm

Thank you Scachi,
I am pretty sure this is what was explained by the Ucanny X in one or more of his videos promoting the Titan Two. Aka vs modded controllers or other competing devices. He also explained that to make it work, then you needed then to use an external power supply on the T2, and this is what I finally got delivered today via Amazon. And to my disappointment, it still doesn't seem to work with the sound from controller to your wired headset attached to the controller...
(I read now on this forum in another thread, that 'next firmware update' may include the fix to make the sound/mic in the headset wired to controller work as intended via bluetooth to the T2. Though not written then when that may be?

Also, it does not appear possible to have the T2 using bluetooth to connect wireless to both the PS4 console and to the controller. I can get the controller to work ok with bluetooth to the T2. But I cannot get the PS4 to connect wireless with the T2 no matter what I do.

Any tricks to make this work please?
Locoxy
Locoxy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Scachi » Sat May 30, 2020 5:30 pm

Some video by Uncanny is nothing official related to T2/consoletuner information, blame them for wrong information then ;-)

The blueooth works fine for both at the same time controller & console. I am using this setup.
For bluetooth PS4 output protocol usage you need that powersupply (or some other way to power the T2).

Configure the Output Protocol in "Device Configuration" to "Bluetooth Playstation 4".
Connect the T2 Output Port once to the Ps4. The Output Led should blink green and go off.
Then remove that usb cable from the output port.
Now connect your controller via bluetooth to yout T2 via hitting your PS button on your controller. After the controller is connected hit the PS button of your controller again. That should connect the T2 to the PS4 and the Output LED should change to green then.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Mac3 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:13 pm

hi, say there is now an update that regulates the problem with the AUX 3.5mm jack heatset and the audio transmission from bluetooth? I connected the T2 via Bluetooth to PS4 and via controller, but when I plug in the 3.5mm jack heatset I don't get any sound, gamesound or party sound ... Which update do I need and / or is still being worked on, I want no longer have a USB cable lug. many thanks for information
Mac3
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:54 pm

Mac3 wrote:hi, say there is now an update that regulates the problem with the AUX 3.5mm jack heatset and the audio transmission from bluetooth? I connected the T2 via Bluetooth to PS4 and via controller, but when I plug in the 3.5mm jack heatset I don't get any sound, gamesound or party sound ... Which update do I need and / or is still being worked on, I want no longer have a USB cable lug. many thanks for information

This is supposed to work. I will soon be rechecking to confirm. Thank you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Mac3 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:02 pm

Wow, thank you very much for the quick answer.

yes please and if you could write down the 2-3 steps where you have to set something so that I set the right hack in the GTuner or on the Playstation, the audio is also output via the jack, I would be very, very grateful to you. Thank you thank you
Mac3
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Executioner » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:40 am

I'm having a lot of problems with Dualshock 4 controller connected headset (3.5mm jack on controller), just doesn't seem to work at all whether connected through Bluetooth or USB. Is this a problem with the latest firmware (1.11.3.0)?
Executioner
Private
Private

Return to Titan Two Device