It IS possible to use multiple titan ones to have 3+ players

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

It IS possible to use multiple titan ones to have 3+ players

Postby Matrix1 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:54 pm

There are plenty of guides about streaming a console through parsec for one other player. However as far as I could find when ever someone asked about getting it working with more players the responses have been from luck warm maybe to out right no. At least with multiple titan ones.

The reason for this is because gtuner pro can only latch onto one titan one at a time and only one instance of gtuner pro can run on your computer at a time.

Well that second part isn't exactly true. I was able to use a program called sandboxie to get multiple instances of gtuner pro running at once. What sandboxie does is it allows you to run programs in a enclosed environment on your computer separate from you main os(more or less) These environments have access to your io stream so it can pick up on controllers and usb devices (NOTE: technical vocab has never been my strong suit so while i have a decent understanding on how this stuff works I might not be using the right words to describe what is happening.)

What is tricky is how to get each instance of gtuner pro connected to a separate titan one. When having 3 plugged in to my pc and I launched gtuner pro it would always connect to the same titan one. However I just so happened to have them plugged into a USB hub. What I noticed is when gtuner pro is launched it would attach to the titan one closes to the cord would be picked up. So I was able to plug one in and launch gtuner pro and then plug another one in closer to the cord and so on.

Is this full proof? Idk. So far it has worked 100% of the time for me. It might be something in the code that makes it work this way or it could have something to do with the USB Protocol. I don't have a deep enough knowledge of the USB Protocol to say for sure.

I've only tested this on my 360. I can't say for sure this will work for every console but I don't see why it wouldn't. Also I haven't really tested it out for the long term. My main friends I would try this with have been busy so I haven't gotten past the proof of concept phase.

Is this worth it? That's up to you. On amazon titan ones cost $60 so this isn't a cheap option. There aren't many games out there that are only on console that's worth going through this extra effort. For me I want to play galactic conquest with my friends that moved away on the old Battlefront 2 so this was really our only option. Plus it felt like uncharted waters because I couldn't find anyone that got this working so I was excited to get it working. From what I understand running multiple titan twos with one instance of its gtuner pro(Or whatever the titan two version is called) is possible but I don't have one and they are twice as expensive. Also I saw one guy on one forum post say you can use the API to code up a solution for one instance of gtuner pro to handle multiple titan ones. I might explore this option unless someone already has this working.

As a disclaimer while I am an experienced software developer I'm not a hardware expert and I only learned about sandboxie through trying to get this working. What I know about it is that it was a proprietary software that changed ownership a few times since 2004 and has recently as on a few years ago went open source. If you want to try this for you self you should do more research than I did into the software to make sure it won't cause problems. I will say running 3 instances of gtuner pro used up very little of my pc's resources. Someone might know of a better program to use other than sandboxie.

I'm sorry if this is already common knowledge and my google skills are just lacking. Also feel free to criticize my methods or fill in any knowledge gaps I may have.

UPDATE: So an issue I ran into is the might be cause if my Xbox to freeze. The couple times I’ve tried this my Xbox froze after some time. It could be because of the multiple titan ones or it could be my Xbox. I haven’t tried it enough to say for sure. Just wanted to bring it up.
Matrix1
Private
Private

Re: It IS possible to use multiple titan ones to have 3+ pla

Postby Mad » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:31 pm

Welcome. :smile0201:

With the Titan Two you can run multiple instances of Gtuner IV, it also has a dropdown box to select devices.

This is not supported with the Titan One due to limitations, so you may run into unexpected issues with your method.
Mad
Major General
Major General

Return to Titan Two Device