absolute newbie - can't make T2 works - PS4

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

absolute newbie - can't make T2 works - PS4

Postby ink » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:55 pm

Hello,
I feel totally incompetent. From what I previously read in FAQ section, I thought I just needed to download gamepacks in T2 memory and then set the preferred values and everything would have been fine, but I now understand reality is much more complicated.

I've received today T2 with BT e SD card. I connected to my macbook, I updated and loaded universal gamepack, apex legends CV and apex legends gamepack. With some difficulties I then connected it to my PS4, paired with my dualshock.
I left T2 connected to both PS4 (via output port) and to mac (via prog port).
I can't see any effect. I would like to use antirecoil and aim assist, but there is no effect at all. I see no effect setting T2 on any of the memory slot (1-2-3), no effect setting any value in the anti recoil compensation.
I've read something about computer vision, but I really understood nothing... I've installed pyhton on mac but can't set it in the prefences tools in GTIV.

I then opened GT air on mobile, connected to T2, downloaded apex legends gamepack (automatically in slot 9). In this case I can see some effect from anti recoil, but quite disappointing.

I really need some help.

Thanks in advance.
ink
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: absolute newbie - can't make T2 works - PS4

Postby Mad » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:29 pm

Welcome. :smile0201:

Have you done the first time configuration for PS4?
On the PlayStation 4, enable wired communication:
Settings → Devices → Controllers → Communication Method: Use USB Cable.
Configure the Output Protocol of the Titan Two to USB Automatic or USB PlayStation 4.

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... figuration
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby ink » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:23 pm

Yes I did. I'm actually using T2 connected to PS4 via USB cable.
Yesterday, after I wrote first message, I've found that using apex legends gamepack, something at least was working. I clicked versatile anti-recoil and rapidfire for all weapons, set auto aim and it worked correctly. I tried just in one match... it was very late... So need to try again. No way instead to make antirecoil in the universal gamepack to work; none of the antirecoil option worked.

I have another question. On Youtube I saw many videos where players seem to have aim-assist, but do not need to have scope that toggles on-off continuously, they just keep viewfinder glued to the enemy. I wonder if this is thanks to computer vision, that I'm actually not able to set working. Maybe these players are just very good at aiming.

What is exactly computer vision? What is it for? How can I set it working? Is it enough PS4-TV-Macbook or do I need another monitor? (instructions are not clear, I guess because they talk about PC use). I've tried downloading Python 3.8, but in GTIV tools-preferences I can't locate python module and lybrary. I tried downloading python from the second link (OpenCV-Python using PIP) but I don't know how to use the file I downloaded.
PS I don't know what Python is, in case it is not evident.

Thanks for your time.
ink
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mad » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:27 pm

ink wrote:No way instead to make antirecoil in the universal gamepack to work; none of the antirecoil option worked.

The CV options require a capture card and CV setup correctly, without it selecting them in the anti recoil section will do nothing. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15147

ink wrote:I have another question. On Youtube I saw many videos where players seem to have aim-assist, but do not need to have scope that toggles on-off continuously, they just keep viewfinder glued to the enemy. I wonder if this is thanks to computer vision, that I'm actually not able to set working. Maybe these players are just very good at aiming.

Aim abuse doesn't work in apex legends, and the CV script is for anti recoil. I wouldn't trust videos. Aim assist will work though.

ink wrote:What is exactly computer vision? What is it for? How can I set it working? Is it enough PS4-TV-Macbook or do I need another monitor?

It should be the same steps for Mac. A second monitor isn't needed. Just a capture card and capable system.
Currently if you're on Big Sur, CV isn't supported and update is needed which Jefferson will work on soon.

I don't have a system capable of running CV so I cant help much further, you may find more Mac related setup information in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15226
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby ink » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:49 pm

Thanks for reply.

Is there a way to have aim assist in apex legends? (I mean increased compared to the one included in the game).

Apex legends antirecoil in the gamepack doesn't seem to me being much effective. The only alternative is to use CV?
I actually have High Sierra as OS. Today I should have been able to install python 3.9, but still can't find it and set it in GTIV.
I'll look in the topic You suggested.
Thanks.
ink
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mad » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:21 pm

ink wrote:Is there a way to have aim assist in apex legends? (I mean increased compared to the one included in the game).

Yes some gamepacks/scripts include an aim assist option.

ink wrote:Apex legends antirecoil in the gamepack doesn't seem to me being much effective. The only alternative is to use CV?

Many people just use standard anti recoil and not CV, it can take time to dial it in.
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby ink » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:23 pm

Mad wrote:Yes some gamepacks/scripts include an aim assist option.

Could You please suggest a good one? Thanks in advance.
ink
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mad » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:28 am

ink wrote:Could You please suggest a good one? Thanks in advance.

Universal gamepack, you can enable it in each profile (orbital / polar)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby ink » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:57 am

thanks. I tried but something don't work. I've just written in the specific topic. Antirecoil too works weird, while other options remain active.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14190&p=108586#p108586
ink
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Return to Titan Two Device