Home made back button attachment

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Home made back button attachment

Postby creedkiller » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:07 pm

Hoping to get some input, I want to make a ps4 ds4 back button attachment similar to the one sony came up with except that it communicates directly with the Titan 2 over bluetooth, its buttons will be set as bluetooth HID keyboard making them completely independent of the ds4 which will come in handy for scripting, I still want to sip power from that jack next to the headphone port on the ds4 so that no extra battery/charging port etc is needed. I've ordered a couple of these (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001738473713.html) Chinese knock-off back button attachments and will take them apart once they arrive.

I have some experience with Arduinos and did this (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6573) couple of years ago. Bluetooth however is a new frontier for me, any ideas of tiny low powered arduino like MCU with Bluetooth on it which can behave as HID and hopefully play well with the Titan 2? I've ordered a couple of these for testing (https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-fea ... uefruit-le).

I have made custom boards for very simple projects (audio related) using EasyEDA/JLCPCB/LCSC so if there is a good chip which would work well for this Job I am not adverse to having something made, especially since JLCPCB even does SMT assembly now.

Any other input is also welcomed.

EDIT: I'm clearly knocking on the same doors Scachi was sometime ago, any update on this J2Kbr? (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6676&start=30)
creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Home made back button attachment

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:31 am

Instead of emulate an keyboard, I suggest you emulate a PS3 controller. Arduino have Bluetooth sketches which makes relatively easy to implement this solution.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby creedkiller » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:41 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Instead of emulate an keyboard, I suggest you emulate a PS3 controller. Arduino have Bluetooth sketches which makes relatively easy to implement this solution.

The only reason I planned HID Keyboard is to make the buttons completely independent of the DS4 so that my scripts can easily differentiate the inputs. If I went with PS3 emulation can I do the same?

EDIT: I remember sometime ago a discussion about differentiating inputs based on port, was this a planned feature?
creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby creedkiller » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:55 am

Scachi wrote:https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index.php?id=t2:get_port

Nice one mate, thanks! :)
creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to Titan Two Device