"USB Logitech Steering Wheel" Output Protocol broken?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: "USB Logitech Steering Wheel" Output Protocol broken?

Postby Glooper » Mon May 16, 2022 11:24 pm

Just to reiterate my support for this. Despite GT7's support for the G29, the Logitech protocol still has timeouts. I like using a pad with that protocol to unlock faster steering modes, with a script for tweaking sensitivity. Remote Play only supports the DS4 and DualSense, so there's currently no solution.

I realise Sony's encryption hasn't been defeated yet and might never be, but it would be nice to hear a simple outline of why that is, and whether Hori's Octa might shed any light on it this year. It's radio silence here and on the XIM forums, and the GIMX guys have only said there's no workaround yet. Loads of us would buy additional hardware or a new Titan (and if it comes to that, great!), but the main thing I'd dig right now is a basic roadmap of expectations from JK.
Glooper
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby jayjayuk » Tue May 17, 2022 8:13 pm

Titan Two had a lot of promise but was sadly abandoned.

I purchased as it was promised we would have Guitar and instrument support etc for Guitar Hero/Rock Band cross compatibility etc, it never happened.

Same as the steering wheels here, promise of being able to use them on PS4 and XBox

Drive hub seems to be able to support these steering wheels on any system, but Titan Two can't :cry: and probably never will now.
jayjayuk
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Glooper » Tue May 17, 2022 9:22 pm

Drive Hub doesn't support PS5, and the T2's USB Logitech protocol (same as the DH) does work with Xbox Series. This is a unique problem that nobody has a solution to, but I know the devs in this scene are a clever group who'd be the first to make breakthroughs if Sony hadn't locked down so hard. So rather than demanding a fix ASAP, I'd just like an update on what the obstacles are.

If JK came back and said he wasn't hopeful for getting a non-DualSense protocol working (if at all), say, I could think about selling my PS5 for money towards a PC. It's frustrating to have waited a year with no news, that's all. I'll probably give it until the end of the year and then look for a different driving game.

The PS4 took over a year to emulate IIRC, but I was able to keep myself in the loop with updates from various hackers. But I haven't a clue what's up with PS5 encryption, and I'm curious about that more than anything.
Glooper
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby jayjayuk » Tue May 17, 2022 9:39 pm

Glooper wrote:Drive Hub doesn't support PS5, and the T2's USB Logitech protocol (same as the DH) does work with Xbox Series. This is a unique problem that nobody has a solution to, but I know the devs in this scene are a clever group who'd be the first to make breakthroughs if Sony hadn't locked down so hard. So rather than demanding a fix ASAP, I'd just like an update on what the obstacles are.

If JK came back and said he wasn't hopeful for getting a non-DualSense protocol working (if at all), say, I could think about selling my PS5 for money towards a PC. It's frustrating to have waited a year with no news, that's all. I'll probably give it until the end of the year and then look for a different driving game.

The PS4 took over a year to emulate IIRC, but I was able to keep myself in the loop with updates from various hackers. But I haven't a clue what's up with PS5 encryption, and I'm curious about that more than anything.

The G29 and a lot of other wheels for Playstation use the PS4 protocol and not PS5, such as the G29 and works fine with Drive Hub.

Sadly we don't even have support with the Titan Two for G29 on the Xbox console, Drive hub works and with force feedback. I don't want to have to buy one just for that though
jayjayuk
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Previous

Return to Titan Two Device