It keeps disconnecting every few minutes

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

It keeps disconnecting every few minutes

Postby thegobliinz » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:56 am

Hello. I encountered very frequent disconnections while using my t2. therefore I need to unplug and back in the controller to the t2 to make it work again. I have read a couple of discussions here and already tried all the solution possible read on there (up to date firmware, right output, etc.. ) but I still did not found the solution. is there anyone else still having the same issue? Any help will be appreciated!
thegobliinz
Corporal
Corporal

Re: It keeps disconnecting every few minutes

Postby Mad » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:01 am

Hi,

What console are you on?
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby MrMoody » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:25 am

I’m having the same issue. I’m on ps5, I don’t constantly use the titan 2 but today I tried using it. Saw a recent update so did that. Now with that update it disconnects every few minutes, shorter than the 7:30 issue. It takes more than 5 seconds to work again but after it’s 3rd disconnection the output light goes out rendering the controls useless at an off state. I manually have to reconnect with output in order to play. Basically not enjoying this update, previously every 7:30 it would disconnect with a 1 second reconnect.

PS5 using ps5 remote on usb mode
MrMoody
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:57 am

Please note that first-party controllers (DualSense, DualShock 4, Scuf Infinity, Scuf Impact) does not works for PS5 game authentication. It must be a third-party PS4 controller (such as Astro, Razer, Hori, Nacon, Scuf Vantage, etc).
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Deathl1ke » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:52 am

So does this mean that you need a third party controller to use the titan two on any PS5 game? I am playing a PS4 game on my PS5 and it's still disconnecting every several minutes.
Deathl1ke
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Ryanyth » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:07 am

I have the same problem playing ps4 games on ps5 with titan2 + bluetooth module. It would disconnected after few mins. I just plug in the ds4 in port A for authentication and problem solved. Is it how it should be?
Ryanyth
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:53 am

Ryanyth wrote:I have the same problem playing ps4 games on ps5 with titan2 + bluetooth module. It would disconnected after few mins. I just plug in the ds4 in port A for authentication and problem solved. Is it how it should be?

Correct, for PS4 games any PS4 compatible controller can be used for authentication, including the DualShock 4. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby thegobliinz » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:47 pm

Hi, sorry for my late reply and thanks for your prompt responds.

I play on ps5, I have dualshock 4 joystick but I'm playing on ps4 edition game, Apex Legends.

Did last update firmware yesterday, still is happening. :( its so disappointing considering what a great usage you can make out of this device. unfortunately this makes it unpractical to use.
thegobliinz
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:46 am

thegobliinz wrote:Hi, sorry for my late reply and thanks for your prompt responds.

I play on ps5, I have dualshock 4 joystick but I'm playing on ps4 edition game, Apex Legends.

Did last update firmware yesterday, still is happening. :( its so disappointing considering what a great usage you can make out of this device. unfortunately this makes it unpractical to use.

Please be sure the output protocol configured on the device is set to "USB Automatic" or "USB PlayStation 4". the PS5 output protocol required a PS4 third-party controller for authentication, while the PS4 output protocol can be used with PS4 first-party controllers (e.g. DualShock 4) when playing PS4 games on PS5.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby thegobliinz » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:20 pm

So I did,( automatic was default ) but still happening. I tried as well PlayStation 5 setting but same if not more often. Would you consider maybe to see if we can solve this issue over Skype? If then we find a solution I will post my answer here to help everyone here who has the same issue. :)
thegobliinz
Corporal
Corporal

Next

Return to Titan Two Device